Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LB

Thread: Pilates

Credits

Pilates

Anybody do this? Holy Moly that is a workout.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Taj
    Credits
    nah never did it but i'm sure it is.

LB
    Credits
    I've have one of those Gaiam videos I have used for a few years but u know how it is, if u doing it at your own comfort level and no one is there to push u, it doesnt hurt

I got a groupon voucher for a local Pilates shop last fall and I tell u, those 5 classes I signed up for were pure torture. I was shaking and sweating more than I ever did using my at home video

-good thing was my back felt a lot better afterwards.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    I was required to do pilates when I was dancing especially using the equipment...these pilates machines take it to a new level of insane torture

And keep your money, I got my own
    Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone
    Bad motherfcuker, God complex
    Motivate your ass call me Malcolm X

Credits
    I have yet to try it...but heard it was something else!

LB
    Credits
    Here is some motivation

8 Ways Pilates Improves Your Sex Life

hether you are a man or a woman, here are 8 ways that you can benefit from Pilates.

1. Pilates increases physical stamina. A key element to Pilates is muscle control. Joseph H. Pilates originally called his form of exercise “contrology”. The exercises are not done quickly. Control is the focus rather than speed. It’s not how fast you do the exercises that produces results, it’s technique. Pilates gives you steady strength and stamina during sexual activity allowing for a longer, more intimate experience.

2. Your body is your exercise equipment. Unlike working out with machines at the gym, in Pilates you are using your own body weight to perform the exercises. This is especially true with Pilates mat work, which was the original method of Joseph H. Pilates. Because sexual activity often requires you to use and sometimes support your own body weight, you will be able to enjoy yourself without any physical discomfort and will not become easily fatigued.

3. Pilates teaches you to be fully present. We are all familiar with how being fully present or “in the moment” enhances our life experiences. This is especially true during sex. One of the first things you learn with Pilates is focus and concentration. In order to work your body correctly, safely, and efficiently, you must concentrate throughout the exercises. You can not be thinking about your to do list, you must be fully present. Pilates trains your body and mind to be totally present. This will carry into the bedroom, enabling your to be totally present with your partner for a more intimate and enjoyable experience.

4. Greater flexibility means more creativity. Pilates gives you more muscle flexibility and improves the health of your joints. This allows you to get into positions you previously thought to be impossible. It also increases back and hip flexibility, eliminating the back pain some people suffer from during sex.

5. Increase blood flow equals more intense orgasms. Pilates focus on “scooping” or pulling the “navel to the spine” brings increased blood flow to the pelvic area. This continuous rush of fresh blood and oxygen to the sexual organs results in an increase in libido and more intense orgasms.

6. Pilates reduces your stress level. One of the main reasons couples do not have sex more often is stress. The Pilates method of breathing teaches you breath control. It was designed to cleanse the bloodstream through oxygenation, by bringing fresh blood to all of the cells. This method of breathing not only increases your physical health, it also reduces your blood pressure and triggers a relaxation response in the brain. Less stress equals more sex.

7. When you feel attractive you are less inhibited. When you are physically fit and toned it gives you more self-confidence. Hesitation in sex has a lot to do with body image. You can’t have great sex if you’re self-conscious about your body. Pilates teaches you to love your body and appreciate its unique strength, beauty and power. This allows you to be less worried about body image and have more fun.

8. Pilates enables you to have a great sex life for decades. Sexual dysfunction in both men and women in their later years is often due to a prolapsed uterus or bladder. Pilates focuses on the deep, unseen muscles of the abdomen and the pelvic floor, strengthening the muscles that support your internal organs. This benefit along with increased overall muscle strength, greater flexibility, healthy joints and greater self-confidence means that Pilates contributes to a great sex life well into your golden years!

The wonderful thing about Pilates is that it was developed by a man to benefit both men and women. It is also a method of exercise that was designed for anyone to do, from a beginner to the most advanced athlete.
    triniameri and mz_JazE like this.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later