Thread: Let's Breakdown The Toning up/body building(The changes the body goes through)

Credits

Let's Breakdown The Toning up/body building(The changes the body goes through)

like the changes/metamorphasis your body goes through...

From what i understand, muscle is increased when you work out, the muscle fibers tear, then when they heal back together, they heal back with extra muscle tissue than before they tear, sort of like when there is a tear in the skin, the skin heals back with extra skin in that spot causing a scar, or when your heal or palm gets callosed with extra skin if there is a bruise or abbrasion.

I also understand that to aid in the muscle tears heal and to maximize the the amount of tissue that heals in those tears, it is good to take in as much glycogen(i believe it is glycogen) as is possible, as well as other amino acids and protiens...

Experts and those who are knowledgeable and those who have a regimine, offer your input.

Lets keep this in beginners/novice perspective
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 08-16-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Taj
    Credits
    *waits for Canalero*
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    By the way Lets keep this from a beginners/novice perspective...

The purpose of this thread is to keep people interested and dedicated to their regimins or goals..
    People get discouraged when they dont see immediate drastic results so they think it is an uphill battle...

If people can see or notice what is going on from even the very first work out (the muscle groups you just worked on being sore and swollen) and realize things are happening, then it will keep people dedicated and be able to chart even minor differences
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 08-16-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    I HATE YaLL!

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Plan yr workouts by making up a different workout monthly weekly or whatever yr body quickly adapts to. Set a goal, do plenty of research and most important rest and eat healthy. That's key to seeing the best results of yr labor. Supplement with vitamins and protein and figure out what works for you and stick to it. Tweek and twirk here and there to always add new things and you will be fine. Hope i kept it simple....
    Bend Ova and Don't look Back, 6:30 and Tek dis Jook!!!!!

LB
    Credits
    okayl let's get specific: so can you guys give shoulder strengthening ideas?

I do push ups with elbows in and elbows out
    I have light weights at home that I do over heard raises, side raises and front raises

what other toning exercises can you recommend?
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    you could try rear delt rows or rear lateral raises. I like doing these with a cable but dumbells or barbells work well too

Barbell Rear Delt Row

Cable Rear Lateral Raise
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    like the changes/metamorphasis your body goes through...

From what i understand, muscle is increased when you work out, the muscle fibers tear, then when they heal back together, they heal back with extra muscle tissue than before they tear, sort of like when there is a tear in the skin, the skin heals back with extra skin in that spot causing a scar, or when your heal or palm gets callosed with extra skin if there is a bruise or abbrasion.

I also understand that to aid in the muscle tears heal and to maximize the the amount of tissue that heals in those tears, it is good to take in as much glycogen(i believe it is glycogen) as is possible, as well as other amino acids and protiens...

Experts and those who are knowledgeable and those who have a regimine, offer your input.

Lets keep this in beginners/novice perspective

As per your explanation re what your muscles go through it sounds to me that the muscle trauma you described is what you get from strength training and body building...not so much toning. The muscle rebuilding aspect post workout is why the most opportune time to take in extra protein (e.g. myoplex, netrex) is about half an hour after your workout.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagga_Dagga View Post
    you could try rear delt rows or rear lateral raises. I like doing these with a cable but dumbells or barbells work well too

Barbell Rear Delt Row

Cable Rear Lateral Raise
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later