Thread: How fast is your 1 mile run?

Credits

How fast is your 1 mile run?

Two weeks ago i entered an Ele School's 1 mile run to raise money for the P.T.A. My time was 5:28. The next time i run in a 1 mile race my goal is to get under the 5 minute mark. Running these races are tough to get great times since the adults have to start in the back of the kids lol. They are also not chip timed!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribNVA View Post
    Two weeks ago i entered an Ele School's 1 mile run to raise money for the P.T.A. My time was 5:28. The next time i run in a 1 mile race my goal is to get under the 5 minute mark. Running these races are tough to get great times since the adults have to start in the back of the kids lol. They are also not chip timed!
    In the last 5k I did, that was about the time of my first mile. I started out too fast and slowed it down after that. But I dont usually run mile runs.

Taj
    Credits
    ur good
    my best is 8mins but then again i wasn't just trying to run a mile at my fastest. I ran 5 miles
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

sharkie
    Maaaaan, I'm slow and steady wins the race!!! I have a 9:30 personal best

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    Maaaaan, I'm slow and steady wins the race!!! I have a 9:30 personal best
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    ur good
    my best is 8mins but then again i wasn't just trying to run a mile at my fastest. I ran 5 miles
    thats very good

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by up2detime View Post
    thats very good
    awww tonks
    i dunno some runners they wanna conquer more and more but with me at a certain point i plateau and get bored like i honestly just get bored of running regardless of the music or scenery. i dunno what it is.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    awww tonks
    i dunno some runners they wanna conquer more and more but with me at a certain point i plateau and get bored like i honestly just get bored of running regardless of the music or scenery. i dunno what it is.
    you should try a different type of race. My next is the Warriors Dash in December. check it out in your area Warrior Dash | Home

theres also the spartan run and tough mudder

Taj
    Credits
    you should try a different type of race. My next is the Warriors Dash in December. check it out in your area Warrior Dash | Home

o shizz that looks super cool! thanks

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    I've never run just a 1 miler, usually it 2-5. But my best 1 mile was 6:05
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits

How
    did
    it
    go
    for
    you

Credits
    I usually start out pretty slow, I have a huge fear of burning out too fast. My first mile is about 8:30, my second and third mile is 8:00 or so. Then I slow it back down. I rarely run more than 5 miles.
    Make peace with yourself and then you can make peace with the world