Thread: Exercises to strengthen your back

Taj
    Credits

Exercises to strengthen your back

I find myself slouching .

could anyone recommend a site with good exercises or jus put up some pics/descriptions

Thanks
    Last edited by Taj; 05-27-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

LB
    Credits
    i dont have anything to post but I find pilates helps me sit up straighter and them things.

I tend to slouch AND sit on my feet when I work at my desk so my spine ends up compressed as hell. lol
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    i dont have anything to post but I find pilates helps me sit up straighter and them things.

I tend to slouch AND sit on my feet when I work at my desk so my spine ends up compressed as hell. lol
    hmmm ok another reason to return to yoga.

I think now too I'm doing abwork so that jus compounding the problem. I need some balance
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post

I think now too I'm doing abwork so that jus compounding the problem. I need some balance
    ab work should actually fix your problem. slouching and back issues are usually due to weak abs and a weak core (from knees to chest)

what type of ab workouts do you do?

LB
    Credits

yeah definitely. I used to just use a pilates video (gaiam) and most of the moves were just about abs and I couldnt figure out why i back would be killing me eventually. Then I started going to a pilates studio and they include more back work/leg work plus the core moves and then I could see why i was screwing up my back earlier. no balance is right
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    Thank you

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    ab work should actually fix your problem. slouching and back issues are usually due to weak abs and a weak core (from knees to chest)

what type of ab workouts do you do?
    variations on situps i guess
    balancing on butt doing cyling with legs forward and back
    balancing on butt with both hands going side to side
    sitting on butt on leg bend one extended going from floor to touch ankle of extended leg
    the maching where you upright but you bring your knees up like you're sitting, also doing it straight legged.

imma stop cos I dont know if they have specific names and my descriptions looking ludicrus typed.

Credits
    variations on situps i guess
    balancing on butt doing cyling with legs forward and back
    balancing on butt with both hands going side to side
    sitting on butt on leg bend one extended going from floor to touch ankle of extended leg
    the maching where you upright but you bring your knees up like you're sitting, also doing it straight legged.

imma stop cos I dont know if they have specific names and my descriptions looking ludicrus typed.
    do some 1 legged squats (no weight)
    crunches on big ball
    then while holding medicine ball (about 10 lbs) balance on your but and twist side to side touching the ball on the floor on each side.

your slouching will go away in 3 days or ill give you a full refund

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    do some 1 legged squats (no weight)
    crunches on big ball
    then while holding medicine ball (about 10 lbs) balance on your but and twist side to side touching the ball on the floor on each side.

your slouching will go away in 3 days or ill give you a full refund
    cool i'll try these as well

Credits
    don't you weigh like 110 lbs..? just drink some milk and relax urself. you can't do no serious exercise

T-MAKAA
    Loool

Credits
    There are bunch of sites . You should simply google it that what kinda exercises videos u wana see . You should also get some on youtube . Anyway apparently u are a health conscious person . i am sure u will do something good . Best of luck
    spokane county health
    Last edited by Michealleo; 09-17-2011 at 01:28 AM.