Thread: Chinese Medicine

LB
    Credits

Chinese Medicine

so I went to a chinese herbalist yesterday looking for a detox tea but instead walked out with 3 different teas and 3 different supplements :

glad I did though cause they took time to go thru everything and made sure it was specifically for what I wanted.

plus I did a round of accupunture for sleep and balance, etc and I already feel the benefits

sometimes the ole time sittin is the best cure.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

LB
    Credits
    Oh yeah, I forgot to post what I am taking :

Paypaya tea for digestive health:

Description
    A very simple way of looking after your digestive system!
    Papaya naturally contents digestive enzymes, which have many important roles in the body, primarily the digestion and absorption of food/ supplements.

Traditionally used for:
    -Improve water retention
    -Helpful for chronic hepatitia and gallgladder disease, pancreatitia and IBS
    -Improve blood circulation
    -Reduce cholesterol level
    -Protect cardiovascular system
    -Reduce children's eczema
    -Helpful for anorexia, indigestion, gas and wind, gastritis gastric and neurosis

Directions: To enjoy Papaya Tea at its best, use one to two bags per cup, add freshly boiled water and allow to infuse to your preferred strength. Can be drunk hot or cold. Two to three times daily.

Ingredients: Papaya, hawthorn fruit, pepper mint, radish seed, liquorice root,

Lotus tea helps with digestion mainly but for me it was prescribed for immune strengthening:

Description

One of our highly recommended products for colon maintenance and weight management.

Traditionally used for:
    -Eliminating fat
    -Improve water retention
    -Excessive food stagnated in digestive system
    -Traditionally used to help with constipation
    -Great source for bowel and colon cleansing
    -Cleanse the whole system and anti-aging

Ingredients: Lotus Leaf, Sedum Lineare Thunb, Herba Lophatheri, Radix Notoginseng, Rhizoma Chuanxiong, Rhizoma Polygonati Odorati, Citrus aurantium Lvar amara Engl, Jasmine, Rose

Pearl Liquid

this stuff works like a charm for me. I am sooooo relaxed and chill after taking it. And I sleep like a baby at night.

Description

This exclusive combination is packed with natural power, is one of highly recommended products and common used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Traditionally used for:
    -Improve skin conditions
    -Relieve stress and anxiety
    -Enhance body energy
    -Soothe the nerves
    -Rich in calcium
    -Brighten eyesight, and reduce the shadow
    -Disinfect and sterilise virus and bacteria
    -Helpful with symptoms like anxiety, rashes, insomnia, and young children moving sickness

Ingredients: Every 100ml: Pearl Extract (1:1) 15ml, Glycyrrhize Species Extract (1:10) 5ml, Potassium Sorbate 0.15g, Water 80ml

LB
    Credits
    another immune builder in pill form

Cordyceps

Description

The most valued medicinal fungi in all Traditional Chinese Medicine, is one of our highly recommended productsand traditionally used for:

-Improve immune system
    -Build up body energy, improve athletic performance
    -Healthy metabolism
    -Increase lung, kidney, and organs function
    -Boosts libido and sexual function
    -Helpful to relieve symptoms like asthma, allergy, tiredness, frequent clod and flu

Taj
    Credits
    Hmmm funny someone told me i should go to one today they saw me suffering from allergies

the Pearl one sound good and the lotus cos lord knows if someone has a cold imma catch it.

do you know of any for allergies?
    cos again browsing the net ppl rec the following supplements? tablets spirulina & chlorella. ever heard of em?
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

LB
    Credits
    the liquid pearl is like gold for me....nothing except for passionflower has made me drop asleep like this stuff

I know the herbalist said the Cordyeps is good for allergies cause I had the sniffles when I first arrived here and after 2 days on it, they have cleared up.

The other thing I have taken in the past for allergies etc. is Reishi Mushroom . It is a good system booster. It has anti-allergy/inflammatory/baterical properties. I took it for a while and felt really good. Plus it has no real side effects, so it is a safe one to give a try.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    do you know of any for allergies?
    cos again browsing the net ppl rec the following supplements? tablets spirulina & chlorella. ever heard of em?

I've heard of both things. They are known "blood cleansers" and because of this they strengthen and balance the ph level in your system so you dont have allergic reactions and inflammatory responses to things. I've had them included in green powders I have taken, but not on their own....but I think it would be really good to try for sure.

Taj
    Credits
    so generally you have to buy it thru the herbalist or if you know what you want to buy just look for that type of store?
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    so generally you have to buy it thru the herbalist or if you know what you want to buy just look for that type of store?
    no u definitely dont need to go thru a herbalist. I did spend along time researching stuff in the past and would try things out. You can go into a health food store and ask for the above.

But I go to a herbalist once in a while to "tweak" my approach. They can tell mi if I am on the right track or not wihch I like. Plus I go for the reflexology and accupunture treatments as well.

oh yeah, Stinging Nettle. Goldenseal and Butterbur are good teas to drink to help with allergies...especially stinging nettle.

Taj
    Credits
    Great info

thanks appreciate it

LB
    Credits
    ur welcome Missis!

LB
    Credits
    Just have the big up the Pearl Oral Liquid again!

when I tell you this stuff makes me sleep! I am a True Believer now.

I am a terrible sleeper and even have prescription strength sleeping pills to help when the insomnia is super bad but this herb works better than all of the different things I have tried over the years.

I highly recommend it to others. Plus there is no "hangover" effect like you get with other products.

Gladiator

Credits
    Good stuff Ladybug...thanx for the info!

LB
    Credits
    welcome

I'll be a bush doctor woman one day!

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I've heard of both things. They are known "blood cleansers" and because of this they strengthen and balance the ph level in your system so you dont have allergic reactions and inflammatory responses to things. I've had them included in green powders I have taken, but not on their own....but I think it would be really good to try for sure.
    Ok so I got the spirulina and I'm a little scared cos I do find I have increased energy when I take it seriously.

I don't think its my mind cos I'm not a faithful pill taker and when I forget thats usually the time when I need to sleep more, wake up tired and just am sluggish all day.
    Girl I'm scared imma need to buy these for life. That and the ground flaxseed really seem to give me a boost.

Are there any other supplements you know of for energy boosts?