Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any runners on Imix?

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban View Post

But nah, eventually ah go hah tuh start, cause ah marathon on meh bucket list.
    ah ok well sooner rather than later
    none of us know the hour ______
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Gladiator
    every month extend yur distance a little longer..you would be amazed how more your running with ease after one year

Credits
    I want to run this in 2011

Great Wall Marathon ®

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I want to run this in 2011

Great Wall Marathon ®
    If i had the funds i would def like to try that out!

Spranga
    i stopped running miles after i picked up tennis
    but sometimes i run w/ ppl who wanna lose weight. my wind went way down so we kinda on the same pace if i chose to.

Credits
    24 hr run in two weeks. Using the chance to raise some $$$ for our local reggae music awards in va.

Virginia Reggae | Virginia Reggae Awards Fundraiser

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribNVA View Post
    If i had the funds i would def like to try that out!
    You have time to save for it...and make it happen. I have a few other runners interested in doing it.

Credits

Using my running to raise some $$$. Wanna help?

Virginia Reggae Awards Fundraiser | Virginia Reggae Awards

I am hoping to raise some monies to assist with funding the VRA. I am asking you to make a donation to my 24HR Run on 15th – 16th April 2010 @ Sandy bottom Nature Park in Hampton. Last year’s efforts went to W.I.U. and I covered 75 miles within the 24 hour limit. This year, it would be ecstatic, if I could get back to that distance plus an extra step. Please donate any amount today. 24 Hour Relay Registration Form

Credits

update

I managed 82.5 miles. It was awesome...

Credits
    I managed 82.5 miles. It was awesome...
    wow ur a real machine...lol ... but seriously thats awesome

im just startin to attempt running.. i dont like it but i want to. i was in some serious car accidents in which i got knee, back & pelvic fractures.. they're all healed now but when tryin to run to long i fell uncomfortable....which leaves me wantin to do more low impact routines but a few of my sisters run all the time & they not only love it but they look great..

besides not havin the endorance yet it's the breathin that kills me.. my sisters are tryin to encourage me to run a mini marathon with them do you have any advice for me since you seem to have it down pact....lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by hottiegal View Post
    wow ur a real machine...lol ... but seriously thats awesome

im just startin to attempt running.. i dont like it but i want to. i was in some serious car accidents in which i got knee, back & pelvic fractures.. they're all healed now but when tryin to run to long i fell uncomfortable....which leaves me wantin to do more low impact routines but a few of my sisters run all the time & they not only love it but they look great..

besides not havin the endorance yet it's the breathin that kills me.. my sisters are tryin to encourage me to run a mini marathon with them do you have any advice for me since you seem to have it down pact....lol
    I do not quite have it down as yet. I will tell you that i always start slow and then slow down during my long distance runs. Run when you can and walk when you need to. One foot infront of the other will get you there. Do not go to race , go for the run, it's more fun. Eat healthy and keep your energy up. Sleep well. Leave negative thoughts in the back. At the end of what you attempt to do, you will feel a high so powerful that you will be hooked for life. It will make your entire life seem so much easier to deal with. Soak your feet/body in cold water after the run, it will make you feel less sore! The first part of a run is done with your legs but the last part is mostly donw with your heart! Great adventures and new friends await you. Go boldly and step up to the line. Plenty of fluids will keep u hydrated!

Credits
    I run because the Army makes me. However, I try to run 3-5 miles about three times a week on my own. It's therapeutic for me. I definitely feel like I'm missing out when I go too many days without running.
    Make peace with yourself and then you can make peace with the world

Credits
    I do not quite have it down as yet. I will tell you that i always start slow and then slow down during my long distance runs. Run when you can and walk when you need to. One foot infront of the other will get you there. Do not go to race , go for the run, it's more fun. Eat healthy and keep your energy up. Sleep well. Leave negative thoughts in the back. At the end of what you attempt to do, you will feel a high so powerful that you will be hooked for life. It will make your entire life seem so much easier to deal with. Soak your feet/body in cold water after the run, it will make you feel less sore! The first part of a run is done with your legs but the last part is mostly donw with your heart! Great adventures and new friends await you. Go boldly and step up to the line. Plenty of fluids will keep u hydrated!
    So true
    Make peace with yourself and then you can make peace with the world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12