Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Precious Metals

Credits
    Rare Earth Metals:

Rush On for 'Rare Earths' as U.S. Firms Seek to Counter Chinese Monopoly - NYTimes.com

This company listed recently, and is below its opening target.

Credits
    FT.com print article

China is the world’s largest gold producer and the second-largest consumer, after India, but its domestic market remains constrained by limited investment products.

“This is a positive sign for the gold market,” said James Steel, precious metals strategist at HSBC in New York.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    Rare Earth Metals:

Rush On for 'Rare Earths' as U.S. Firms Seek to Counter Chinese Monopoly - NYTimes.com

This company listed recently, and is below its opening target.
    MCP ka booom....

Credits

Credits

Spot Gold
    $28.57 week
    $31.21 month
    16.27% ytd

Spot Silver
    $0.91 week
    $1.4 month
    22.93 %ytd

Credits
    Gold @ 1,300

boom bang bang.. and the fed is not even done with easing; worse yet if the Chinese Yuan gains against the USD

Credits

Credits
    Central banks sell least gold since 1999 - MarketWatch hmmm.... i thought gold was a bubble...

Credits
    Oneshot, have you tried trading gold or silver through one of the forex brokers? The one I use allows you to trade XAU/JPY, XAU/USD, XAG/JPY and XAG/USD. I believe that there are others that will allow you to trade XAU and XAG against CHF, GPB and EUR. you trade these pairs just like you would any other fx pair.
    Last edited by Douce; 10-23-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Douce View Post
    Oneshot, have you tried trading gold or silver through one of the forex brokers? The one I use allows you to trade XAU/JPY, XAU/USD, XAG/JPY and XAG/USD. I believe that there are others that will allow you to trade XAU and XAG against CHF, GPB and EUR. you trade these pairs just like you would any other fx pair.
    douce, i stay away from forex, too volatile for me, if i cant understand or have a reasonable prediction of the direction of financial product i stay away, the main reason why i was relatively late on the gold/silver trade

as far for gold and silver.. im buying and holding until central banks stop printing then i might sell.. but ultimately im keen on growing my position.

how have been your forex experiences though? and on what fundamentals do you trade?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    douce, i stay away from forex, too volatile for me, if i cant understand or have a reasonable prediction of the direction of financial product i stay away, the main reason why i was relatively late on the gold/silver trade

as far for gold and silver.. im buying and holding until central banks stop printing then i might sell.. but ultimately im keen on growing my position.

how have been your forex experiences though? and on what fundamentals do you trade?
    I hear you on the volatility of forex. This market was perfect for me, though, because of the hours. When I first started trading I spent long hours in the lab at work, so I traded Sundays, the Tokyo session and the first couple hours of the London session. Those first eight to twelve months were rough... looking back, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I blew my first account in record time and was well on my way to blowing my second before becoming profitable. People said it over and over, but the key to success in Fx is not so much your system, but money management and controlling those blasted emotions. Back then, it wasn't uncommon to get brokers who offered 1:400 leverage, so you can imagine how easy it was to get carried away.

To answer your other question, I'm a technical trader. I pay attention to big news releases like NFP, but I don't really make decisions based on them. Technical traders generally believe that the fundamentals are reflected in price action and I suppose fundamental traders just think we are full of shit, but this works for me. Less hassle.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Douce View Post
    I hear you on the volatility of forex. This market was perfect for me, though, because of the hours. When I first started trading I spent long hours in the lab at work, so I traded Sundays, the Tokyo session and the first couple hours of the London session. Those first eight to twelve months were rough... looking back, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I blew my first account in record time and was well on my way to blowing my second before becoming profitable. People said it over and over, but the key to success in Fx is not so much your system, but money management and controlling those blasted emotions. Back then, it wasn't uncommon to get brokers who offered 1:400 leverage, so you can imagine how easy it was to get carried away.

To answer your other question, I'm a technical trader. I pay attention to big news releases like NFP, but I don't really make decisions based on them. Technical traders generally believe that the fundamentals are reflected in price action and I suppose fundamental traders just think we are full of shit, but this works for me. Less hassle.
    respects to you.. but i disagree about the part of fundamentals.. (for example house prices

Credits

Credits

Credits
    gold

Bid/Ask 1389.10 - 1390.10
    Low/High 1389.10 - 1390.10
    Change +4.50 +0.33%
    30daychg +18.60 +1.36%
    1yearchg +281.00 +25.36

silver

Bid/Ask 32.66 32.68
    Low/High 31.62 32.92
    Change +0.88 +2.77%
    30DayChg +3.89 +13.52%
    1YearChg +16.83 +106.32%

summary gold is reapproaching the 1400 highs, and silver is heading to new highs after a small january correction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast