Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Trade, Scottrade, Ameritrade etc...

Credits

E-Trade, Scottrade, Ameritrade etc...

Is anyone here an active trader on any of these sites?

If yes, which one?

General question:

What do you know about the sites I mentioned or any other like sites?

Credits
    I use E-trade, good website (very secure too) which is very easy to navigate and the over the phone service is pretty good...only ever got one person that didn't know what they were doing but was probably new to the company

if you've never used a self-directed online broker service though, just make sure you are bringing over enough money to make it worth your while because they have some fees to be aware of...for example, if you don't make a minimum number of trades per month (in other words, you have to be an active trader, you can't just let the money sit and expect them to let you do that)

I use it minimally to trade a few stocks per month and make a few new purchases when I see a nice low stock to buy up, but I make sure to stay active enough to avoid the fees

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Is anyone here an active trader on any of these sites?

If yes, which one?

General question:

What do you know about the sites I mentioned or any other like sites?
    I use scottrade. I have been with them for several years. they had the lower fees and more the more comprehensive site as far I was concerned.

I am not on it every day so I dont know what you mean by active.

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by soca control View Post
    I use E-trade, good website (very secure too) which is very easy to navigate and the over the phone service is pretty good...only ever got one person that didn't know what they were doing but was probably new to the company

if you've never used a self-directed online broker service though, just make sure you are bringing over enough money to make it worth your while because they have some fees to be aware of...for example, if you don't make a minimum number of trades per month (in other words, you have to be an active trader, you can't just let the money sit and expect them to let you do that)

I use it minimally to trade a few stocks per month and make a few new purchases when I see a nice low stock to buy up, but I make sure to stay active enough to avoid the fees

that's why I chose scottrade.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soca control View Post

I see that Scottrade has no inactivity fees... whether you buy once a month or once a year.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    I use scottrade. I have been with them for several years. they had the lower fees and more the more comprehensive site as far I was concerned.

I am not on it every day so I dont know what you mean by active.
    By active I mean a couple times a month.... anyways is it simple to navigate? Did you research then settled on Scottrade or was the site recommended to you.

Are you the buy and hold or buy and sell type? Which companies did you buy from? (if you don't mind my asking)

CocoErotika
    By active I mean a couple times a month.... anyways is it simple to navigate? Did you research then settled on Scottrade or was the site recommended to you.

Are you the buy and hold or buy and sell type? Which companies did you buy from? (if you don't mind my asking)
    I dont trade that frequently. I buy and hold. wow I have been with them for about 5 years. I barely remember all the trades I have done

off the top I have traded jetblue, ing, spex (I think that is the symbol though)

I researched and settled on scottrade.

all my research was done on Mortgage Rates Credit Cards Refinance Home CD Rates by Bankrate.com. they give you a comparison chart of all the online trading sites

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    I dont trade that frequently. I buy and hold. wow I have been with them for about 5 years. I barely remember all the trades I have done

off the top I have traded jetblue, ing, spex (I think that is the symbol though)

I researched and settled on scottrade.

all my research was done on Mortgage Rates Credit Cards Refinance Home CD Rates by Bankrate.com. they give you a comparison chart of all the online trading sites
    thanks for your input...I'm reading up on scottrade right now

I looked at Ameritrade and the site is too all over the place....I can't read it....at least not tonight

Credits
    move to finance

Spranga
    i was actually gonna post a thread like this today but about sharebuilder...
    anybody?

Credits
    What is sharebuilder

I like how the ads in the thread pop up based on the discussion ..

Credits
    What is sharebuilder

I like how the ads in the thread pop up based on the discussion ..
    sharebuidler does not use real trades so there commissions are lot less.. best bet for the low frequency low volume investor.

Credits
    I'll do some research on that

Spranga
    it's also supposed to give the novice an idea of how to trade. it makes automatic investments for you. and is not about day trading. i wanna know if anyone uses it and if they really benefit. i read mixed reviews

Gladiator
    Thanks for all the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast