Thread: Bank Accounts

Credits

Bank Accounts

Wow. It come in like ghost town in here....

Anyway, how many of you parents get accounts for your children?
    I tried to open a bank account for my niece when she was three. I think that all kids should have a savings account or college fund before they start school. Even if is twenty dollars dem put in deh. Victoria mutual has a children's account with no minimum and many US banks do as well.

Credits
    buy her a silver eagle or open a precious metals account for her also, the savings account is a good idea for her to learn good practice of saving, but in truth devaluation of the currency is occurring before our eyes, and saving in a bank does protect us from inflation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Wow. It come in like ghost town in here....

Anyway, how many of you parents get accounts for your children?
    I tried to open a bank account for my niece when she was three. I think that all kids should have a savings account or college fund before they start school. Even if is twenty dollars dem put in deh. Victoria mutual has a children's account with no minimum and many US banks do as well.
    It's always a good idea, my aunt did one for me and my sister, never told us about it until a certain age either. I'm planning to do so for my godson and god daughter, but the major issue is choosing the right bank.

Taj
    Credits
    Yes it is a good idea and as they get older its good to encourage them to put birthday $ in their so they understand not to just spend everything they get.
    I also like the credit union accounts for kids as well.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spontaneity View Post
    It's always a good idea, my aunt did one for me and my sister, never told us about it until a certain age either. I'm planning to do so for my godson and god daughter, but the major issue is choosing the right bank.

It a great idea, I did it too however, be careful on how you tell their parents...somethimes they may have an agenda on tapping in to it.....It's can turn real ugly cuz the chile isn't yours naturally and they can throw that in your face.

Th accounts I started for mine, I didn't tell her mom until my goddaughter just graduated from H.S. and is entering college. That money will be used for college expenses. But if I had let her mother in on the stash of money befoe hand...hmmmmm...things would have been reaaalll different...

That's just my experience.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by simmie View Post
    It a great idea, I did it too however, be careful on how you tell their parents...somethimes they may have an agenda on tapping in to it.....It's can turn real ugly cuz the chile isn't yours naturally and they can throw that in your face.

Th accounts I started for mine, I didn't tell her mom until my goddaughter just graduated from H.S. and is entering college. That money will be used for college expenses. But if I had let her mother in on the stash of money befoe hand...hmmmmm...things would have been reaaalll different...

That's just my experience.....
    Yea, I'm definately NOT planning to tell the parents. My aunt never told my parents either.

Credits

Thumbs up

Both my sons have accounts at the credit union, I open accounts for them on their 2nd birthday. My oldest is now 10 and my baby boy will be 3 soon.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    if you don't like silver or gold, open an account in a foreign currency

you can check out everbank, bank of china for personal accounts; other banks like hsbc offer similar services but they tend to be for business accounts

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...812076888.html