Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tikreyol
  • 1 Post By tikreyol

Thread: Ti Paris the Father of Twoubadou

Credits

Ti Paris the Father of Twoubadou

Ti-Paris, known as the Father of Haitian twobadou music, brings a simplicity and accessibility to his art.
    With just his voice, guitar, pair of maracas, and an occasional back-up vocal, he succeeds in creating an intimacy between himself and the listener. It is as if he is sitting in your living room on a Haitian afternoon, strumming his guitar, at a casual family get-together.
    Although Ti-Paris's discography is small, Haitians of an older generation revere him. They pass on his legacy, singing his songs to their children and grandchildren.
    If you want an introduction to the music and heart of this gentle troubadour, look no further than his classic album, Ti-Paris et sa Guitare. On it are tracks of love , "Par JaLousie", "Femmes Haiti", "Cochon St. Antoine", "L'eu on Marie", and "Mon Ideal". Other samplings of his music include the albums Anasilya, and Le Créateur De Troubadour

Ti-Paris, The Father Of Haiti Troubadour Music

This is classic Haitian music. Mon Ideal is one of my favorite songs ever.

ay lina bel ti manman

Ayisyen and humble1 like this.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    humble1 likes this.
    Bwa m kale tou wouj

Credits
    Good thread tikreyol, I did not know of him until now. I just finished listening to his Et Sa Guitare. It's pretty good for its time. My favorite tracks were Mon Ideal, Par Jalousie, Cochon St. Antoine, and Ladan Pou m' Mouri. It seems his first album was a classic that had an influence on a lot of well known Haitian bands ranging from Ibo Combo, Shleu Shleu, Bossa Combo, Coupe Cloue, Beethova Obas, and Sweet Mickey.

I guess he was the first major recording Twoubadou artist in Haiti. Too bad Twoubadou isn't revered in Haiti the same way Bachata is in DR...the genre if it was invested musically in the same manner Bachata was...could easily be one of the top musical gems of the western hemisphere.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Good thread tikreyol, I did not know of him until now. I just finished listening to his Et Sa Guitare. It's pretty good for its time. My favorite tracks were Mon Ideal, Par Jalousie, Cochon St. Antoine, and Ladan Pou m' Mouri. It seems his first album was a classic that had an influence on a lot of well known Haitian bands ranging from Ibo Combo, Shleu Shleu, Bossa Combo, Coupe Cloue, Beethova Obas, and Sweet Mickey.

I guess he was the first major recording Twoubadou artist in Haiti. Too bad Twoubadou isn't revered in Haiti the same way Bachata is in DR...the genre if it was invested musically in the same manner Bachata was...could easily be one of the top musical gems of the western hemisphere.
    Neither did I but until recently. Mon Ideal is a classic song I've been hearing since I was a child. I only knew Beethova Obas's version "Lina."

After listening to his cd on Spotify I then realized just how many classic songs he recorded. I only know of him and Ti Coca as people who have had Twoubadou albums besides the obvious Twoubadou movement cds that came out in the late 90s. It's a real shame Twoubadou is ignored when it's played EVERYWHERE in the country. The DR is more advanced than we are and you'd think they'd play more Merengue than anything
    Bwa m kale tou wouj

Credits
    nice.... is accordion a traditional instrument of haiti?