Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soca, Zouk, Dancehall, Quadrille, Kaseko

Credits

Soca, Zouk, Dancehall, Quadrille, Kaseko

I need Big tunes/artists from the following genres please. Ones I an find easilty on Youtube or other places

Kaseko (love the rhythms, don't know anybody)
    Soukous (same^)
    Zouk (No Kassav', I have plenty a dem)

sebas4920
    zouk -

malavoi
    zouk machine
    malanga
    experience 7
    francky vincent
    tanya st val
    gilles floro
    luc leandry
    eric brouta
    edith lefel

u know kassav members have solo stuff that is awesome right?:

for example

patrick st eloi
    jocelyn beroard
    georges decimus
    jacob desvarieux

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas4920 View Post
    zouk -

u know kassav members have solo stuff that is awesome right?:

for example

patrick st eloi
    jocelyn beroard
    georges decimus
    jacob desvarieux
    Yea and i like Jacob but Jocelyn annoys me.

sebas4920
    ok i am just starting to get into soukous and actually know who is who so i could compile a list, i know some names but right now im not familiar enough with the differences in congolese music to know if its soukous or something else SO

I could upload two cds for you that are a nice overview of soukous if you want to download. they are really good albums.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas4920 View Post
    ok i am just starting to get into soukous and actually know who is who so i could compile a list, i know some names but right now im not familiar enough with the differences in congolese music to know if its soukous or something else SO

I could upload two cds for you that are a nice overview of soukous if you want to download. they are really good albums.
    Please and thanx

Credits
    Here is a link with videos of a number of Zouk, Kompas and Soukous Artistes
    take a look at them and you will find a numberof the big names

BTW Quadrille is a dance

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6...kompas-146914/
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    If you're looking for soukous, you've got to start with Sakis and Papa Wemba...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Douce View Post
    If you're looking for soukous, you've got to start with Sakis and Papa Wemba...
    Sakis is garbage and Wemba hasn't put out a good disc in years. Here are some good names of great Congolese rumba artists; Tabu Ley, Franco, M'Bilia Bel, Sam Mangwana, Nyboma, Samba mapangala, Kofi Olumide, early kanda Bongo man, Zaiko langa Langa, Karma Pa, Quarte Etoile, Pamelo Mounk'a, Theo Blasie Kounkou, Bozi Boziana, Bopol, Pepe kalle, the great Grand kalle and on.
    Also, soukous was a dance from the 1970's. It was said to have been created by Tabu ley. It's used as a marketing term by western retailers. I'll upload some samples of some Congolese tunes later in the week. Sakis is only popular because of the videos. It's junk.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjaja07 View Post
    I need Big tunes/artists from the following genres please. Ones I an find easilty on Youtube or other places

Kaseko (love the rhythms, don't know anybody)
    Soukous (same^)
    Zouk (No Kassav', I have plenty a dem)
    Kaseko is hard to get outside of Holland or Suriname. I have about 10 CDs that i purchased in Suriname, Guyana, and Holland but they're from the late 9o's to around 2004. I love the Rhythms too but haven't had much luck getting their releases. And I'm not willing to pay over 30 US per disc to ship from Holland.
    Last edited by ken_yatta; 06-29-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ken_yatta View Post
    Sakis is garbage and Wemba hasn't put out a good disc in years. Here are some good names of great Congolese rumba artists; Tabu Ley, Franco, M'Bilia Bel, Sam Mangwana, Nyboma, Samba mapangala, Kofi Olumide, early kanda Bongo man, Zaiko langa Langa, Karma Pa, Quarte Etoile, Pamelo Mounk'a, Theo Blasie Kounkou, Bozi Boziana, Bopol, Pepe kalle, the great Grand kalle and on.
    Also, soukous was a dance from the 1970's. It was said to have been created by Tabu ley. It's used as a marketing term by western retailers. I'll upload some samples of some Congolese tunes later in the week. Sakis is only popular because of the videos. It's junk.
    But what di mudda kyat? I mean go ahead and state your preference, but watch your bleddy tone, man.

Which Zaiko langa langa are you even referring to? Are you aware that Wemba was part of the original band?

sebas4920
    Quote Originally Posted by ken_yatta View Post
    true, im writing this down.

i just found a disc of wemba and koffi together. it is pretty good. what wemba and koffi albums are must own?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Douce View Post
    But what di mudda kyat? I mean go ahead and state your preference, but watch your bleddy tone, man.

Which Zaiko langa langa are you even referring to? Are you aware that Wemba was part of the original band?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Here is a link with videos of a number of Zouk, Kompas and Soukous Artistes
    take a look at them and you will find a numberof the big names

BTW Quadrille is a dance

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6...kompas-146914/
    I was just about to say that....in the USVI the music is called Quelbe and in BVI it's Fungi....basically scratch band music

some of the top bands in the VI are....

- Stanley & the Ten Sleepless Knights
    - Lashing Dogs
    - Jamesy and the All Stars

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kjaja07 View Post
    Yea and i like Jacob but Jocelyn annoys me.
    Jocelyn has a beautiful voice. i love it !!!!!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast