Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 166 to 175 of 175

Thread: So Cadence-lypso is not a real genre?

  1. #166
    Registered User Ayisyen's Avatar Ayisyen is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    375
    Credits
    3,927,047
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    1st off what is tok tok tok tok? please use proper musical notation to describe yuhself. 2nd, jus cus exile one didnt realease their 1st album until 1973, does that mean they weren't makin cadence before that? 3rd before we go any further provide REAL evidence of da time dem tracks come out.... for example dis cadence track came out,

    1968

    1) The tok tok, tok tok tok rhythm on the conga is what I'm talking about..I specifically pointed that out to you in my last post...

    2) First it was the haitian mini jazz bands listening to Gordon Henderson when they were making their music......now after I provided dates...it's Gordon Henderson was making cadence-lypso music before 1973....

    That won't cut it...you are the one that needs to provide REAL evidence of Gordon Henderson making cadence-lypso music before 1973...

    3) You need to go back to my last post and read more thoroughly...not only did I provide the dates...I also gave you the site to confirm them yourself. I will post the site once again....Konpa.info


    BTW, where is the evidence for me to confirm that Liquid Ice track came out in 1968????

  2. #167
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    Ayisyen Nice to see you back in the debate.

    2 months of gathering up new info or you was just busy like the rest of us? lol im kiddin I'm going to check the songs you posted up in a few im on my lunch break. I'll reply later on thanks.

  3. #168
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    I already caught sight of key info which are misleading and wrong info posted up here. I'll get to these soon after I done playing all the songs listed(Enjoying These by The Way )

  4. #169
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    I am not sure if it was a misprint or if the albums were released at two different times. The album Tete Chauve by Les Shleu Shleu you posted songs form the album which are dated 1968 but that is wrong or a misprint or something. The only place I can see the date as 1968 is from the web site you provided us to back up your claim.

    Itshould be noted as fact that The album Tete Chauve by Les Shleu Shleu was Released on December 1, 1977 by Label Mini Records and Copyright in 1977 by Frederic Paul. I emailed my uncle at his record store back iin Dominica and asked him if he carried this record I will list his reply when it arrives. I'm sure he has that record his known for having crazy collection of caribbean music.. I looked it up on amazon and many other music sites that sell these records and they all list under December 1st 1977

    Have a look
    Amazon.com: Tete Chauve a New York: Les Shleu Shleu: MP3 Downloads

    Les Shleu Shleu | Tete Chauve | CD Baby

    full album

    Les Shleu Shleu | Tete Chauve | CD Baby

    So the songs you listed from 1968 are off by 9 years and originally came out 4 years after Cadence-Lypso was Originally labeled. Cadencylypso was played before the 1970s but was not arranged on an album till in the early 70s. During the late 60s Cadencelypso was already being built. That's fact.

    Some of the other songs you listed are not dated correctly as well.

    That tok tok tok thing is part of the building blocks of Cadence end of story.

    Man you listed a bunch of songs that don't sound like cadencelypso at all. your ear is not picking up the swings of classic Calypso and Cadence blended into something. You only put your ear to the vocal and the synths. you have to listen better than that is is clear that cadencelypso does not sound like what you listed.
    Les Aiglons


    do you listen to Calypso do you know how calypso is played and so on? If you do and you have been exposed to calypso ad much as you have been exposed to other haitian music you would know the BIGG differences.

    Cuisse La YouTube - ‪les aiglons - Cuisse la‬‏

    smh....Les Aiglons is a cadence band how ever you twist it. I hope you are not sayig because a band is a cadence band they only play cadence and nothing else like zouk.compas?? the song you listed I know well and it calls under zouk and compas I know some ppl might say zouk period! the part with the synth solo has a nice cadencelypso swing to it.

    La Perfecta luv luv luv luv luv the friggin sonus anatomy in this song well mixed! Sigh what you want me to say? you want me to say zouk so you could say no Compas or compas no zouk. There is no big azz difference in that but there is a BIGGGGGGGG AZZZ DIFFERENCE IN CADENCELYPSO TO CADENCE RAMPA OR KONPA Seriously you need to listen to other music other than French konpa and so on like real nice sweet classic calypso you would get where we coming from when we say that Cadencelypso can stand on it own and not just be a sub genre AWA!


    Typical Combo
    song came out years after cadencelypso and has that vybe to it but its not

    What you want me to say? It's zouk and anyone else can call me out on it and call it compa or sumn. It has that cadencelypso swing which influenced zouk anyways and i not talking about that damn tok tok tok think lol the way a beat rides has it's own signature to where it came from.

    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE YOU LISTED HAD INFLUENCE FROM CADENCELYPSO they came out at the right time to be done right.
    What I want to know is if you can tell the difference in Calypso and Soca? And if the tok tok tok thing and horns n synths are the only things that spelled out changed after cadencelypso was birthed?
    Last edited by Maruka; 07-07-2011 at 06:23 PM.

  5. #170
    Registered User Ayisyen's Avatar Ayisyen is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    375
    Credits
    3,927,047

    Response to post# 169 by Bataka

    Bataka , the tracks from Shleu Shleu that you pointed out are dated 1969 not 1968. Second, the dates Konpa.info provided are correct. The links you provided gave the original release dates for the CD format…not the LP which was the original form of the album…here’s a link from discogs.com

    Les Shleu-Shleu - Tête Chauve (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs


    Tete Chauve debuted on Haiti Record label…Mini Record re-released the album in the CD format on Dec 1 1977. Here’s the catalog number Konpa.info provided for Tete Chauve…Haiti SS-001 LP. Please do share the email response from your Uncle…it seems he has a large collection of vinyl records from what you say.


    Other sites such as amazon and CD baby as well others will of course show the Dec 1 1977 date since they are selling the CD form of the album…considering most ppl buy cds these days and want to be able to rip it/upload the mp3’s on their music player.



    2) Like I told Mr.Boombastic earlier in this thread…saying “oh cadence-lypso was created officially in 1973 but was built during the late 1960’s” won’t cut it…you will have to provide proof of that. Also if we were to use that “created officially” and “built” argument…we could do that for ALL music genres…therefore we couldn’t truly attribute any musical influences to any particular music genre. Just like Trinidadians can say soca was built before cadence-lypso came on the scene…tho it was created officially after cadencelypso was already out… So unless you provide proof of cadence-lypso tracks from the late 1960’s…it ISN’T a fact that it was built in the 1960’s. Until you do so…the date stands at 1973.


    BTW, the tok tok tok riddim is part of the building blocks of cadence-lypso…because it was imported directly from cadence rampa…it was Haitian bands that created that riddim…not Dominican bands…if that’s the story you are talking about it….then yes end of story.



    3) What other songs I listed are not dated correctly??????


    4) I listed a bunch of songs that don’t sound like cadence-lypso at all????? You are contradicting yourself now Bataka….here’s an earlier post of yours from this thread:

    Post #46 page 4

    Quote There aint no argument that haitian kompas got upgraded from hearing Cadence Lypso but the dates on records can be scratchy cause so many damn records both Haitian and Dominican have hard to find dates Cadence lypso was in the making since the 60s really. IT broke out during the early 70s
    Haitians been on their ole skool kompas too but the sound manifested at a point in time that correlates to cadencelypso the new skool ish dont sound like the old. Ayisyen there had to be something for influence to be sparked so ofcuz Kompas was there b4 CadenceLypso but it didn't sound the same b4 Dominican Cadence. So getting dates on the records would be good yes. Unquote

    Why would you ask for the dates if they didn’t sound anything at all like cadence-lypso??? If anything you agreed with Mr.Boombastic that those Haitian bands could have came out after cadence-lypso was on the scene…hence you asking for confirmation of those dates.

    Then in Post #49 page 4 when you were describing the differences between konpa and cadence-lypso you said yourself

    Quote The CadanceLypso band plays a bit differently from kompas cause again it is fused with calypso..the tok tok tok is an influence it bridges the cadence rampa/kompas the guitar riffs are more swinging here. Around this time of music Haitian Kompas was already re adjusting their sound and beefed it up. Similar but not the same.You mean to tell me you cant hear the diff in the 2 vids? . Lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most. Calypso fusion is the game breaker here.. I grew up on these music so I can tell the diff. CadenceLypso have their own swing. Haitian Kompas stepped up harder and came with a nicer and better swing than they originally had. Unquote

    In the above quote you said yourself the lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most…something I agreed with you when I talked about the kreyol/calypso influences in their vocals…but the BEAT…you are telling me all those tracks I posted from shleu shleu, les difficiles de petionville, les gypsies, les fantaisistes carrefour, les loup noirs…none of those tracks sounds like cadence-lypso at all?????? I already admitted to the calypso influence in the vocals…but please explain/describe the calypso influence in the beat…I’m still looking for how calypso was the game breaker…I stated I disagreed and that the game breaker was Dominican bands master producing skills(updating the sound quality and adding a real horn section)…I haven’t seen anything stated otherwise…


    5) Why don’t you upload some calypso tracks…I admit to not being as familiar with calypso as I’m with french creole caribbean music…maybe from those tracks I can see what calypso did for cadence-lypso on the BEAT level…cuz right now cadence-lypso to me is still simply an updated konpa beat…aka making cadence-lypso a sub genre of konpa…

    6) Please describe exactly that Quote BIGGGGGGGG AZZZ DIFFERENCE IN CADENCELYPSO TO CADENCE RAMPA OR KONPA Unquote….besides the vocals…


    7) No all those tracks I listed had ZERO influence from cadence-lypso(check the dates)….it was the other way around…btw didn’t you say most of those tracks didn’t sound anything like cadence-lypso at all????? That is your second contradiction right there….two fundamental ones as well…


    8) Why are you asking me about the differences between calypso and soca?...it is irrelevant for this topic…and you are derailing with this question….


    9) Btw is Haiti’s cadence rampa different from the cadence of Gwada/Matinik before cadence-lypso came on the scene? And what did cadence-lypso add afterwards BEATWISE in your own words???????
    Last edited by Ayisyen; 07-07-2011 at 08:14 PM.

  6. #171
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Bataka , the tracks from Shleu Shleu that you pointed out are dated 1969 not 1968. Second, the dates Konpa.info provided are correct. The links you provided gave the original release dates for the CD format…not the LP which was the original form of the album…here’s a link from discogs.com

    Les Shleu-Shleu - Tête Chauve (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs


    Tete Chauve debuted on Haiti Record label…Mini Record re-released the album in the CD format on Dec 1 1977. Here’s the catalog number Konpa.info provided for Tete Chauve…Haiti SS-001 LP. Please do share the email response from your Uncle…it seems he has a large collection of vinyl records from what you say.


    Other sites such as amazon and CD baby as well others will of course show the Dec 1 1977 date since they are selling the CD form of the album…considering most ppl buy cds these days and want to be able to rip it/upload the mp3’s on their music player.



    2) Like I told Mr.Boombastic earlier in this thread…saying “oh cadence-lypso was created officially in 1973 but was built during the late 1960’s” won’t cut it…you will have to provide proof of that. Also if we were to use that “created officially” and “built” argument…we could do that for ALL music genres…therefore we couldn’t truly attribute any musical influences to any particular music genre. Just like Trinidadians can say soca was built before cadence-lypso came on the scene…tho it was created officially after cadencelypso was already out… So unless you provide proof of cadence-lypso tracks from the late 1960’s…it ISN’T a fact that it was built in the 1960’s. Until you do so…the date stands at 1973.


    BTW, the tok tok tok riddim is part of the building blocks of cadence-lypso…because it was imported directly from cadence rampa…it was Haitian bands that created that riddim…not Dominican bands…if that’s the story you are talking about it….then yes end of story.



    3) What other songs I listed are not dated correctly??????


    4) I listed a bunch of songs that don’t sound like cadence-lypso at all????? You are contradicting yourself now Bataka….here’s an earlier post of yours from this thread:

    Post #46 page 4

    Quote There aint no argument that haitian kompas got upgraded from hearing Cadence Lypso but the dates on records can be scratchy cause so many damn records both Haitian and Dominican have hard to find dates Cadence lypso was in the making since the 60s really. IT broke out during the early 70s
    Haitians been on their ole skool kompas too but the sound manifested at a point in time that correlates to cadencelypso the new skool ish dont sound like the old. Ayisyen there had to be something for influence to be sparked so ofcuz Kompas was there b4 CadenceLypso but it didn't sound the same b4 Dominican Cadence. So getting dates on the records would be good yes. Unquote

    Why would you ask for the dates if they didn’t sound anything at all like cadence-lypso??? If anything you agreed with Mr.Boombastic that those Haitian bands could have came out after cadence-lypso was on the scene…hence you asking for confirmation of those dates.

    Then in Post #49 page 4 when you were describing the differences between konpa and cadence-lypso you said yourself

    Quote The CadanceLypso band plays a bit differently from kompas cause again it is fused with calypso..the tok tok tok is an influence it bridges the cadence rampa/kompas the guitar riffs are more swinging here. Around this time of music Haitian Kompas was already re adjusting their sound and beefed it up. Similar but not the same.You mean to tell me you cant hear the diff in the 2 vids? . Lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most. Calypso fusion is the game breaker here.. I grew up on these music so I can tell the diff. CadenceLypso have their own swing. Haitian Kompas stepped up harder and came with a nicer and better swing than they originally had. Unquote

    In the above quote you said yourself the lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most…something I agreed with you when I talked about the kreyol/calypso influences in their vocals…but the BEAT…you are telling me all those tracks I posted from shleu shleu, les difficiles de petionville, les gypsies, les fantaisistes carrefour, les loup noirs…none of those tracks sounds like cadence-lypso at all?????? I already admitted to the calypso influence in the vocals…but please explain/describe the calypso influence in the beat…I’m still looking for how calypso was the game breaker…I stated I disagreed and that the game breaker was Dominican bands master producing skills(updating the sound quality and adding a real horn section)…I haven’t seen anything stated otherwise…


    5) Why don’t you upload some calypso tracks…I admit to not being as familiar with calypso as I’m with french creole caribbean music…maybe from those tracks I can see what calypso did for cadence-lypso on the BEAT level…cuz right now cadence-lypso to me is still simply an updated konpa beat…aka making cadence-lypso a sub genre of konpa…

    6) Please describe exactly that Quote BIGGGGGGGG AZZZ DIFFERENCE IN CADENCELYPSO TO CADENCE RAMPA OR KONPA Unquote….besides the vocals…


    7) No all those tracks I listed had ZERO influence from cadence-lypso(check the dates)….it was the other way around…btw didn’t you say most of those tracks didn’t sound anything like cadence-lypso at all????? That is your second contradiction right there….two fundamental ones as well…


    8) Why are you asking me about the differences between calypso and soca?...it is irrelevant for this topic…and you are derailing with this question….


    9) Btw is Haiti’s cadence rampa different from the cadence of Gwada/Matinik before cadence-lypso came on the scene? And what did cadence-lypso add afterwards BEATWISE in your own words???????
    Yeh I was just coming to post a follow up on the date there was a re-release of the album later on. The reason for you posting these up was to ride on the fact that haiti been making cadencelypso all this time with that tok tok tok thing which is a building block in cadence PERIOD!! I never said in cadencelypso just cadence. What you listed still don't sound like cadencelypso that tete Chauve record. Haitian creole bands that come to perform at the world creole festival acknowledged cadencelypso as a genre but some haitian music lovers dont see it that way. I still standing on my grounds that cadencelypso is a genre on it's own with influence from both Haitian music and calypso. You don't listen to calypso so your wouldn't know the difference which has been posted the calypso swing has been mentioned by at least 3 different individuals in here. I can't embed anyting from the tube right now maybe one of the others would follow up on that.. I can sit down and listen to all your uploads compared to cadencelypso and will still tell the difference.

    When i said "the lead vocalist alone" i didn't mean just that one thing im saying that is one big distinction by it self that can stand and hold it weight to compare other things that can hold their own weight is in the grove and swing of the beat which flirts with both cadence and calypso.


    I asked for dates because they help with clarification of how cadence progressed. You even said it your self cadencelypso helped haitan music. Lol so whats the story there?
    So ppl who grow up and live in Haiti see only cadence every thing and konpa.

    I agree with you I can't just say it was being built in the 60s it means nothing with no dated sources. I'll have to look into finding material properly dates.
    Ppl outside of Haiti grow up on a number of different music and sounds and hear the elements of different sounds which make up different geners and not sub genres.
    Last edited by Maruka; 07-07-2011 at 09:09 PM.

  7. #172
    Registered User Ayisyen's Avatar Ayisyen is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    375
    Credits
    3,927,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Bataka View Post
    Yeh I was just coming to post a follow up on the date there was a re-release of the album later on. The reason for you posting these up was to ride on the fact that haiti been making cadencelypso all this time with that tok tok tok thing which is a building block in cadence PERIOD!! I never said in cadencelypso just cadence. What you listed still don't sound like cadencelypso that tete Chauve record. Haitian creole bands that come to perform at the world creole festival acknowledged cadencelypso as a genre but some haitian music lovers dont see it that way. I still standing on my grounds that cadencelypso is a genre on it's own with influence from both Haitian music and calypso. You don't listen to calypso so your wouldn't know the difference which has been posted the calypso swing has been mentioned by at least 3 different individuals in here. I can't embed anyting from the tube right now maybe one of the others would follow up on that.. I can sit down and listen to all your uploads compared to cadencelypso and will still tell the difference.

    When i said "the lead vocalist alone" i didn't mean just that one thing im saying that is one big distinction by it self that can stand and hold it weight to compare other things that can hold their own weight is in the grove and swing of the beat which flirts with both cadence and calypso.


    I asked for dates because they help with clarification of how cadence progressed. You even said it your self cadencelypso helped haitan music. Lol so whats the story there?
    So ppl who grow up and live in Haiti see only cadence every thing and konpa.

    I agree with you I can't just say it was being built in the 60s it means nothing with no dated sources. I'll have to look into finding material properly dates.
    Ppl outside of Haiti grow up on a number of different music and sounds and hear the elements of different sounds which make up different geners and not sub genres.
    Ride on what fact????

    Bataka, you are going in circles......why don't you simply upload/post the calypso tracks yourself and explain/describe the evolution of cadence-lypso from cadence rampa BEATWISE in your own words???? That way I can see/learn how calypso was the game breaker as you have stated numerous times....

    No, you don't not say the "lead vocalist alone"...you said Quote Lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most.Unquote...meaning that one factor was the only REAL discernable difference between konpa and cadence-lypso....there's a big difference between those two quotes....you are back peddling on your previous comments and muddling the debate....

    You asked for the dates because you thought along with Mr.Boombastic that those haitian tracks I posted were made after cadence-lypso entered the scene....remember when Boombastic posted that link to that weber sicot kanaval track made in 1967???? It was post#23 page 2 Boombastic posted that link to show what he thought konpa sounded like before cadence-lypso entered the scene and you congratulated him on that link post#24 page 2......now all of a sudden...after verification of dates...all of those tracks I posted sound nothing like cadence-lypso at all????? LOL LOL....

    BTW, I didn't just post three shleu shleu tracks from the Tete Chauve lp...I posted at least another dozen tracks from shleu shleu, les difficiles, les gypsies, les fantaisistes carrefour, les loup noir.....did you even listen to all of the tracks???????

    I recognized cadence-lypso as a genre too...never said it wasn't...just that I saw it more as a sub genre...calypso influenced vocals with an updated konpa beat(better sound quality and a real horn section)...am I wrong???? Tell me what else Gordon Henderson did to modify the cadence beat and make it a "new beat"...hence a truly new music genre.....

  8. #173
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Ride on what fact????

    Bataka, you are going in circles......why don't you simply upload/post the calypso tracks yourself and explain/describe the evolution of cadence-lypso from cadence rampa BEATWISE in your own words???? That way I can see/learn how calypso was the game breaker as you have stated numerous times....

    No, you don't not say the "lead vocalist alone"...you said Quote Lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most.Unquote...meaning that one factor was the only REAL discernable difference between konpa and cadence-lypso....there's a big difference between those two quotes....you are back peddling on your previous comments and muddling the debate....

    You asked for the dates because you thought along with Mr.Boombastic that those haitian tracks I posted were made after cadence-lypso entered the scene....remember when Boombastic posted that link to that weber sicot kanaval track made in 1967???? It was post#23 page 2 Boombastic posted that link to show what he thought konpa sounded like before cadence-lypso entered the scene and you congratulated him on that link post#24 page 2......now all of a sudden...after verification of dates...all of those tracks I posted sound nothing like cadence-lypso at all????? LOL LOL....

    BTW, I didn't just post three shleu shleu tracks from the Tete Chauve lp...I posted at least another dozen tracks from shleu shleu, les difficiles, les gypsies, les fantaisistes carrefour, les loup noir.....did you even listen to all of the tracks???????

    I recognized cadence-lypso as a genre too...never said it wasn't...just that I saw it more as a sub genre...calypso influenced vocals with an updated konpa beat(better sound quality and a real horn section)...am I wrong???? Tell me what else Gordon Henderson did to modify the cadence beat and make it a "new beat"...hence a truly new music genre.....
    Jed unlike you I work. I'm not up at 3 am in the morn updating posts on imix. Like other days when I got freetime I can hunt down tunes from youtube and link them up I couldn't post nothing at that moment. Most times i'm on here from my cell phone other than that work computer. I'm going to be on break soon So i'll post up some later on.

    I agreed with your statement about having proper dates when embedding in the thread. It strengthens the history of the Cadence music along with backing up claims.. yet you still attacking wtf wrong with you dude?

    Stop trying play in words in my statements. "Lead vocalist alone sets them apart the most" The fact I have the most in their signifies there there are other factors in the music along with the vocals that describes the music..... BUT the lead vocals alone stands out the most wtf cant you understand about that? I'm having an open mind and agreeing with some of your facts but you just not having it and attacking at every line going back and forth. Countless other posts in here describes what you keep asking me why must I have to go back and forth on this? Seriously?????? People broke it down to you but you refuse to observe with an open mind. What more can I do? when you ask me the exact same questions you asked other posters who answered you over and over??

    The post came to a conclusion months ago. It was realized that more people from other islands can tell the difference in Cadencelypso compared to other french west Indian music. People who were raised on islands where they were exposed to different sounds and music like Calypso,Soca and other folk music can tell the difference. So I could understand why some people like your self think everything is just one big pile. The whole reason I created this post was because of a comment you made about how Dominicans and mr Henderson want to claim genres. Found it interesting because I never heard someone say cadencelypso is not a real genre by it self. I have heard the debate on zouk before though.

    You your own self in your own words stated that Cadencelypso changed the game, but only in brass and what not. So going back to say your records came out before Cadencelypso would signify that the same sound existed before anyone called it cadenecelypso. I mentioned that the songs you listed don't sound like it. Mainly with the swing of the beat and the vocals. I guess you was trying spot out the "tok tok tok" I can only guess you thought we were claiming that? lol this is in all cadence music it's one of the building blocks gosh man. I mentioned that and you still playing with my words that I mentioned cadencelypso when i simply said CADENCE MUSIC. Cadencelypso did bring in more swing into the whole Cadence movements. Again you your self stated it changed the game so why fall back on that? You could keep popping out tracks from the 60s and even the 50s they would never sound like anything during and after 73. It's not just the horns or the vocals. Its the whole vybe of the sound that popped off.

    In my next post I'll get into the basic anatomy of the genre. Gotta understand you trying knock down cadencelypso as a genre on it's own is not just me defending the music. This is part of Dominica culture im defending. The music is in deep within my family as well as thousand of other Dominicans and non Dominicans out there. See you in a few.

  9. #174
    Qualified Mixologist Maruka is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn , Ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Credits
    1,732,914
    Here are some examples from a quick search on youtube.

    Lord Tokyo




    Or even compare it to a classic Lord Kitchener Sugar boomboom




    MAESTRO Bullpistle


    I can hear this typicial classic calypso beat swing and vibe in countless cadencelypso tunes.

    quick example

    grammacks


    another maestro example


    BLACK AFFAIR


    Play any of them in any order they have similaritis because Cadencelypso is a fusion of calypso and cadence. If you can't hear it then that's fine you just don't get it.

    Then you got tunes like this

    Darling do do-LORD TOKYO



    and



    A twist



    Considered both Cadencelypso and Calypso

    But take out the english words and replace with only creole.

    Cadencelypso---Same Beat
    Yes they stepped up the performance but you can get the idea where Calypso is a key role in Cadencelypso as well as Cadence.


    Both doing their own thing. Both manifested to such greater heights in quality and production. Some groovy soca got some cadencelypso in it. When i'm producing a groovy soca tune it starts of sounding like a typical classic cadence then it builds up form there adding some sweet sounding soca elements and maybe adding a frnch accordion or African Decale/Zouk/Cadence style guitars. Just like in cadencelypso both Cadence and Calypso elements are blended in. Not just vocals not just horns it's the whole vybe it gives. If you can't hear the vybe then the vocals alone sets them apart the most since you can't hear the difference in BEAT.

    It still remains factual that cadence music everywhere changed because of Cadencelypso and it's still being fused with other elements and genres giving rise to other genres like Bouyon.

    This is the genre Cadencelypso like it or not.
    Last edited by Maruka; 07-08-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  10. #175
    Banned MR.BOOMBASTIC's Avatar MR.BOOMBASTIC is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    in a tight spot
    Posts
    9,002
    Credits
    1,096,484
    well i aint reading all that now; but i am sure not all them dates listed are correct Ayisien. also i always see Ayisien mentioning the riddim...it is not only the instrumental that defines a music. remember hip hop was originally created by dudes chanting over funk songs.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •