Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So Cadence-lypso is not a real genre?

Credits

So Cadence-lypso is not a real genre?

And had no roots in the development of other genres such as soca and zouk?..This is what Haitians really think? Even the pioneers of Kassav zouk music credited Dominican Cadence-lypso as a foundation and inspiration yet some here think we reaching

Tawk ya tawk

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bataka View Post
    And had no roots in the development of other genres such as soca and zouk?..This is what Haitians really think? Even the pioneers of Kassav zouk music credited Dominican Cadence-lypso as a foundation and inspiration yet some here think we reaching

Tawk ya tawk
    groovy soca is the descendant of cadencelypso Tawk DUN!!!

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    I consider Bouyon or Cadence more soca of genere or a mixture of Zouk music. But it Candelycpso (not sure if I spell it right) but any how it falls in the soca genre !!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by haitianprince View Post
    I consider Bouyon or Cadence more soca of genere or a mixture of Zouk music. But it Candelycpso (not sure if I spell it right) but any how it falls in the soca genre !!!!
    are u an idiot? how can cadance be in the soca genre if it was created before soca and influenced soca?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by haitianprince View Post
    Explain please.

Credits

Tawk ya tawk
    Why don't u break down the musical differences between the Haitian Kadans Rampa and Dominican Kadans-lypso???

If kadans-lypso is indeed a "new" music genre....that means the Haitians adopted this music genre which they call Konpa today correct??? Becuz it doesn't make sense for a "new" music genre to give birth to a "new generation" of a music genre that already existed prior to kadans-lypso......

Ask yourself this....why were Haitian bands able to revitalize their style/recapture the market quickly after the dominicans stole the ball and took lead lol??? For a "new" music genre it seems quite strange doesn't it....you would think the haitians/dominicans were competing in a similar(dare I say the same) music genre....especially when one considers the incredible short lifespan of kadans-lypso...where the hell did it go?????? Such a mega music genre that gave birth to three new entire music genres....soca, zouk, "new generation" konpa....how can it just dissappear like that?????

Am I wrong that the main musical differences between Kadans-rampa and Kadans-lypso is the addition of a real horn section(calypso influence) and update in recording sound technology???? does that sound like the creation of a new music genre to you???? or simply the progression of a music genre that already existed???? Unless u going to tell me that calypso was the base of kadans-lypso....hence the base of zouk and "new generation" konpa????
    In that case I think Trinidad should get the main credit for being the main influence in french creole west indian music lol lol......

BTW, why is Bouyon considered to be Dominica's true national music??? Is it possibly due to Bouyon being created from music genres(jing ping) native/unique to Dominica itself??? hence making Bouyon UNIQUELY dominican in its creation/character??? rather than the progression of another music genre created in another country....as in they just simply jumped in and competed with that music genre's native musicians????

Don't get it twisted....no one is taking away nor denying Dominica's influence in french creole west indian music....your ppl played an important role in updating/progressing the sound of french creole west indian music.....but listening to dominicans...u would think they were the main influences/creator of french creole west indian music....when it has always been Haiti...even when zouk was created...the creators of zouk weren't simply listening to dominican bands...there was still the same haitian bands they been listening to since day one....who would come back to recapture the market and compete against their dominican counterparts...plus don't forget about Tabou Combo...they def had an influence on Kassav...by the time Kassav broke...Tabou Combo were already mega stars....

If u were to fundamentally break down the sound of the dominican/gwada/matinik bands...it is the haitian mereng rhythm in a big band jazz format...which all started in Haiti...there's no kadans-lypso and zouk without kadans rampa/konpa....Haiti showed how to do it in the beginning....continued to show how it was done even after Dominica/French West Indies entered the picture....and continued to do so after Dominica(shortly) left the scene....currently right now haitian konpa is dominating the french west indies.....funny how things go full circle....
    Last edited by Ayisyen; 04-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Why don't u break down the musical differences between the Haitian Kadans Rampa and Dominican Kadans-lypso???

If kadans-lypso is indeed a "new" music genre....that means the Haitians adopted this music genre which they call Konpa today correct??? Becuz it doesn't make sense for a "new" music genre to give birth to a "new generation" of a music genre that already existed prior to kadans-lypso......

Ask yourself this....why were Haitian bands able to revitalize their style/recapture the market quickly after the dominicans stole the ball and took lead lol??? For a "new" music genre it seems quite strange doesn't it....you would think the haitians/dominicans were competing in a similar(dare I say the same) music genre....especially when one considers the incredible short lifespan of kadans-lypso...where the hell did it go?????? Such a mega music genre that gave birth to three new entire music genres....soca, zouk, "new generation" konpa....how can it just dissappear like that?????

Am I wrong that the main musical differences between Kadans-rampa and Kadans-lypso is the addition of a real horn section(calypso influence) and update in recording sound technology???? does that sound like the creation of a new music genre to you???? or simply the progression of a music genre that already existed???? Unless u going to tell me that calypso was the base of kadans-lypso....hence the base of zouk and "new generation" konpa????
    In that case I think Trinidad should get the main credit for being the main influence in french creole west indian music lol lol......

BTW, why is Bouyon considered to be Dominica's true national music??? Is it possibly due to Bouyon being created from music genres(jing ping) native/unique to Dominica itself??? hence making Bouyon UNIQUELY dominican in its creation/character??? rather than the progression of another music genre created in another country....as in they just simply jumped in and competed with that music genre's native musicians????

Don't get it twisted....no one is taking away nor denying Dominica's influence in french creole west indian music....your ppl played an important role in updating/progressing the sound of french creole west indian music.....but listening to dominicans...u would think they were the main influences/creator of french creole west indian music....when it has always been Haiti...even when zouk was created...the creators of zouk weren't simply listening to dominican bands...there was still the same haitian bands they been listening to since day one....who would come back to recapture the market and compete against their dominican counterparts...plus don't forget about Tabou Combo...they def had an influence on Kassav...by the time Kassav broke...Tabou Combo were already mega stars....

If u were to fundamentally break down the sound of the dominican/gwada/matinik bands...it is the haitian mereng rhythm in a big band jazz format...which all started in Haiti...there's no kadans-lypso and zouk without kadans rampa/konpa....Haiti showed how to do it in the beginning....continued to show how it was done even after Dominica/French West Indies entered the picture....and continued to do so after Dominica(shortly) left the scene....currently right now haitian konpa is dominating the french west indies.....funny how things go full circle....
    Very interesting. So Dominicans are claiming both kompa and soca? SMH. It seems like effort is being made to claim those genres (kompa and soca) that have more popularity/greater longevity. Sad really.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Very interesting. So Dominicans are claiming both kompa and soca? SMH. It seems like effort is being made to claim those genres (kompa and soca) that have more popularity/greater longevity. Sad really.
    nobody is claimin kompas or soca, will repond to de zoe in a minute. gyal deya ring off me phone now

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.BOOMBASTIC View Post
    nobody is claimin kompas or soca, will repond to de zoe in a minute. gyal deya ring off me phone now
    Or trying to claim zouk, kompa and soca...whatever.

Credits
    Or trying to claim zouk, kompa and soca...whatever.
    And WTMC U GOT THAT SHIT FROM!!!!??
    The people who created zouk said Dominican Cadance-lypso was part of their influence where da fack u seeing Dominicans claiming zouk and soca?? U got nothing to add here only adding confusion.

When I get home on my comp I'll answer mr man or oman. When ppl create music the time they put it out it belongs to who ever embracing it. We in the Caribbean lend vole and borrow so many styles and ideas to create new music.
    To denounce a genre that is loved and embraced by alot of islands and countries is a bold ting boss.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post

A very apt agreement well put.

The dominicans who don't know the contribution of kadans rampa should not be challenging you.

However there are some points you did not include, they are in part reinforcing your points I think.

Alot of new music genres are indeed offspring of a currently existing genre,some attempts of fusions are dominated by either parent so they can not stand out as a new genre. Now the fusion of kadans and calypso along with some other local elements did in fact make up cadence-lypso. The difference in the new sound created is/was too different from either parent to be consider and "branch" of either, it was something totally new... or are you telling me that kadan cadence and kompa all are the same? If your answer to the is yes there is no further argument.

You asked why did it disappear well technically it didn't people still make the music as I am sure that people still make kadans rampa...

Are you also saying that after the introduction of cadence-lypso into the haitian musical culture that the kadans produce did not change into something brand new which we refer to as kompa or is it that kompa and kadans are one in the same?

The fact that kompa and zouk toppled its popularity in such a brief period does not negate its influence in the creation of neither. It could be that the younger generation of dominicans were interested in something different.

it is the haitian mereng rhythm in a big band jazz format...which all started in Haiti...there's no kadans-lypso and zouk without kadans rampa/konpa....Haiti showed how to do it in the beginning....continued to show how it was done even after Dominica/French West Indies entered the picture....and continued to do so after Dominica(shortly) left the scene....currently right now haitian konpa is dominating the french west indies
    ^^^
    I support this lil peice right there to the fullest.

If you want to ignore the dominican influence in the emergence of kompa from kadans rampa that's on you,but I can tell you that I will never ignore the haitian influence in all of it.

Credits
    And WTMC U GOT THAT SHIT FROM!!!!??
    The people who created zouk said Dominican Cadance-lypso was part of their influence where da fack u seeing Dominicans claiming zouk and soca?? U got nothing to add here only adding confusion.

When I get home on my comp I'll answer mr man or oman. When ppl create music the time they put it out it belongs to who ever embracing it. We in the Caribbean lend vole and borrow so many styles and ideas to create new music.
    To denounce a genre that is loved and embraced by alot of islands and countries is a bold ting boss.
    Seems like that's what he is saying...so is it true or not?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    Wth? Soca was "groovy" until the mid to late 90s. All we do now is separate the fast from the medium/slow.

Credits
    Seems like that's what he is saying...so is it true or not?
    I really hope it's not cause we never claimed soca compas nor zouk.,

Cadencelypso is a mixture of Kadanse rampa from Haiti and Afro Caribbean rhythm calypso. Haiti influence is credited the new generation of sound was different in it's own way and Dominica cadencelypso forced the French west Indian music scene to change including haitian compas. Cadenclelypso was a new sound that sparked new sounds in the making. The way this guy talks is like the gener is fake. The music never died and Haiti took back front stage of both music group zouk n cadence. Just upset he trying ignore the genre. All the French islands played a part in developing and uplifting zouk music..

Zouk is a style of rhythmic music originating from Guadeloupe and Martinique. It has its roots in kompa [music from haiti], Cadence music from Dominica, as popularised by Grammacks and Exile One. So we not trying claim anything that was not made by us. Cadencelypso is a foundation but this guy seem to ignore Dominica influence n just stamp Haiti alone. Ignoring the gener of music.

It's not like the ppl who created the new style ignored hatian influence. It's recorded as fact.
    Last edited by Maruka; 04-13-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Influence View Post
    A very apt agreement well put.

The dominicans who don't know the contribution of kadans rampa should not be challenging you.

However there are some points you did not include, they are in part reinforcing your points I think.

Alot of new music genres are indeed offspring of a currently existing genre,some attempts of fusions are dominated by either parent so they can not stand out as a new genre. Now the fusion of kadans and calypso along with some other local elements did in fact make up cadence-lypso. The difference in the new sound created is/was too different from either parent to be consider and "branch" of either, it was something totally new... or are you telling me that kadan cadence and kompa all are the same? If your answer to the is yes there is no further argument.

You asked why did it disappear well technically it didn't people still make the music as I am sure that people still make kadans rampa...

Are you also saying that after the introduction of cadence-lypso into the haitian musical culture that the kadans produce did not change into something brand new which we refer to as kompa or is it that kompa and kadans are one in the same?

The fact that kompa and zouk toppled its popularity in such a brief period does not negate its influence in the creation of neither. It could be that the younger generation of dominicans were interested in something different.

^^^
    I support this lil peice right there to the fullest.

If you want to ignore the dominican influence in the emergence of kompa from kadans rampa that's on you,but I can tell you that I will never ignore the haitian influence in all of it.
    The guy said Dominicans reaching with cadencelypso influencing soca and zouk.. and u agree with that shit bout Dominicans that dont know the contribution of kadans rampa in cadencelypso lol who said we doh know that? its fact!! and well recorded Mr Henderson said it him self a few times.. What i challenging is this guy saying cadencelypso is not a real genre..wtf

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast