Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singer Maxwell Haitian

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    Why singer Maxwell don't want people to know he half Haitian? First of all if your mother Haitian your father Puerto-Rican died when you were 3 years old, and you raise with your Haitian mother go to Haitian's church eat rice and bean you cannot be anymore Haitian than that.
    ----------------------
    WOW!!!

I did not know that.I will research this infomation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_me_some_MAXWEL View Post
    Please don't believe everything you read or hear if not from the source directly. So many untruths and lies out their about Maxwell. I have met Maxwell and he is a very nice, sweet, and humble human being. I also have heard him mention his heritage so not sure where this question stemmed from. Have you seen this interview where he openly talks about being caribbean? It's one of the best interviews I've watched and I'm not just saying that because I'm his fan. Check it out yourself: video Guest Star Maxwell - guest, star, trace - videos mytrace
    THANK U SO MUCH for this VIDEO.

BELIEVE IT or NOT, MAXWELL'S "BLACKsummer's night" and Michael Jackson's "NUMBER ONES" are the only CDs I BOUGHT in 2009.

Here is the EVIDENCE

I JUST LOVE that INTERVIEW. I have even more ADMIRATION and RESPECT for him, because some of what he has STATED in the INTERVIEW are my EXACT SENTIMENTS. It was as if I was WATCHING myself TALKING.

Credits
    No, we do not expect Maxwell to have a haitian bumper sticker or tattoo "i'm haitian" across his forehead. But we also don't appreciate the fact that he cleverly hides his haitian decent behind the "carribean" label.

He very CLEARLY states that his father is Puerto-Rican. He doesn't say his father is hispanic or of latin decent. So why does he feel the need to talk about decent for his mother's side and not just blantantly say she is haitian.

So although he does (apparently) say his mother is haitian in some interviews, in MOST articles and interviews he says he is carribean. In my opinion, that is denial.

Even on the Oprah show (where he appeared 1/2010) he disassociates himself by saying he feels for haitian people because he is hatian "on some level". What? If you were raised in a haitian household, eating haitian food, and speaking the haitian language and your mother is born and raised in haiti that makes you........(fill in the blank).

I know how it feels for people to question my pride as a haitian. I was born and raised here, barely speak creole and have only been to Haiti 2x. I've had haitians say I "act like i'm not haitian". But no one can ever say that I denied my roots. If anyone ever asks, I STRAIGHT UP say I'm Haitian.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tee2816 View Post
    No, we do not expect Maxwell to have a haitian bumper sticker or tattoo "i'm haitian" across his forehead. But we also don't appreciate the fact that he cleverly hides his haitian decent behind the "carribean" label.

He very CLEARLY states that his father is Puerto-Rican. He doesn't say his father is hispanic or of latin decent. So why does he feel the need to talk about decent for his mother's side and not just blantantly say she is haitian.

So although he does (apparently) say his mother is haitian in some interviews, in MOST articles and interviews he says he is carribean. In my opinion, that is denial.

Even on the Oprah show (where he appeared 1/2010) he disassociates himself by saying he feels for haitian people because he is hatian "on some level". What? If you were raised in a haitian household, eating haitian food, and speaking the haitian language and your mother is born and raised in haiti that makes you........(fill in the blank).

I know how it feels for people to question my pride as a haitian. I was born and raised here, barely speak creole and have only been to Haiti 2x. I've had haitians say I "act like i'm not haitian". But no one can ever say that I denied my roots. If anyone ever asks, I STRAIGHT UP say I'm Haitian.
    This topic AGAIN lol.

What have you guys been tracking the man's statements or something? I've read interviews from way back when and Maxwell has said that he was Haitian. He NEVER denied it. In fact I always knew it as public knowledge. Whether or not you and some Haitians never knew it is your business. He is his own person and can say whatever the hell he wants in his interviews. More so he is an AMERICAN. And when he said he was "caribbean" was he lying? Not by my accounts at all. Last time I checked Haiti and Puerto Rico are in the Caribbean.I really don't care what most interviews say. Here's a tip, Why don't you and every other obsessed Haitian stop obsessing over these celebrities trying to find out which one is Haitian. It's ridiculous its like some witch hunt or something. I'm embarrassed for you guys sometimes. Aren't you guys also after Usher, Beyonce and a few more?

Also I watched the Oprah interview and yes Maxwell disassociates himself with the Haitians in Haiti because he is not and was never a Haitian that lived in Haiti. He is an AMERICAN of Rican and Haitian descent born and raised in an American city. He's never lived there nor lived their lifestyle. So why would he be sitting up on Oprah fronting like he was living in some house in Kafou? Yes he said he was raised by his Haitian grandmother but you don't know to what extent or if that was entirely true. You do not know his life so cut the kaka.

Lastly I want to reiterate the man is an American RnB singer. He's not even full Haitian lol. You guys carry on like its a crime if he gives an interview and makes no reference to Haiti. Grow up! Some of you are the same fools that praise that other idiot Wyclef so its kind of hard to take any of you serious.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    By the way I also want to reiterate a statement that I made earlier but I will change it so it goes for our newest member.

I only hope that just as fast as you signed up and registered to come on in here and spread your two cents on this topic, that you will participate with the same speed when music is posted in this forum and when most folks (especially the Haitians) just ignore it or give one word compliments and keep it moving.

mesi and have a nice day.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

CocoErotika
    according to some he would still be a yankee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12