Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singer Maxwell Haitian

Credits

Singer Maxwell Haitian

Why singer Maxwell don't want people to know he half Haitian? First of all if your mother Haitian your father Puerto-Rican died when you were 3 years old, and you raise with your Haitian mother go to Haitian's church eat rice and bean you cannot be anymore Haitian than that.

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    Why singer Maxwell don't want people to know he half Haitian? First of all if your mother Haitian your father Puerto-Rican died when you were 3 years old, and you raise with your Haitian mother go to Haitian's church eat rice and bean you cannot be anymore Haitian than that.
    Well it's not only him that does it, I personally think it's a american -celebrity thing .............some of them forget where there come from. I was watching wendy williams couples of weeks ago and she interview nia long and she mention she had has west- indian heritage ,but she didn't claim which island she from ( by the way nia long is a trini) and plus I heard wyclef doesn't wear the haitian flag anymore to his awards ceremony because there was a pressure on is record label company to tone down a bit -biggeing up his country !!!!!!!! And for some reason I really don't consider rick ross haitian but he does big us ups so I give him props to that !!!!!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Maxwell has been open about his heritage. Not sure what the man or others are supposed to do to please some people.

Credits
    Maxwell's words...

“I’m from Brooklyn, New York,” he told the crowd. “My family is from the West Indies: My mother is from Haiti and my father is Puerto Rican. Things like this are not are supposed to happen to us,” he said about headlining the Garden. “I’m gonna sing this song with all my heart and if you could help me, I would be so happy.”
    Obviously he's quite clear about his background.

Credits
    I guess ppl ain happy unless he wears a haitian flag on his back 24/7.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by haitianprince View Post
    Well it's not only him that does it, I personally think it's a american -celebrity thing .............some of them forget where there come from. I was watching wendy williams couples of weeks ago and she interview nia long and she mention she had has west- indian heritage ,but she didn't claim which island she from ( by the way nia long is a trini) and plus I heard wyclef doesn't wear the haitian flag anymore to his awards ceremony because there was a pressure on is record label company to tone down a bit -biggeing up his country !!!!!!!! And for some reason I really don't consider rick ross haitian but he does big us ups so I give him props to that !!!!!!!
    Nia long is Haitian must be her mother because her father Daughaty Long was my english teacher in Trenton High School she came at the school one time that's why I believe him she raise in Washington DC she said.

Credits
    Nia long is Haitian must be her mother because her father Daughaty Long was my english teacher in Trenton High School she came at the school one time that's why I believe him she raise in Washington DC she said.
    Ms. NIA LONG (Actress): I was born in Brooklyn. My family's from Trinidad and my mom, at 22 years old, single mother, we moved to Iowa City, Iowa, and she had a full scholarship there to go to the University of Iowa, and then finally she got her master's there.

Nia Long Goes Back to 'Big Momma's House' : NPR

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Tifi rele dollabi ki sa li kon de mouin ayisien c'est son noir amerikan li ya, well any how aquinhaiti4ever carry on this is your thread !!!!!! Maxwell mention he is haitian on his first album. And plus you didn't read carefully what I wrote nia long family is a trinidadia'n. ,but she was interviewed on wendy williams show she said her family is west-indian heritage but she didn't mention which specific country !!!! , I beileved celebrities are pressured not to talk about the past or where the come from !!!!!!
    Last edited by haitianprince; 11-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by haitianprince View Post
    Tifi rele dollabi ki sa li kon de mouin ayisien c'est son noir amerikan li ya, well any how aquinhaiti4ever carry on this is your thread !!!!!! Maxwell mention he is haitian on his first album. And plus you didn't read carefully what I wrote nia long family is a trinidadia'n. ,but she was interviewed on wendy williams show she said her family is west-indian heritage but she didn't mention which specific country !!!! , I beileved celebrities are pressured not to talk about the past or where the come from !!!!!!
    Problem?

Credits

Angry

Many Haitians knew from the get go that Maxwell was Haitian because he SAID SO when he first came out. Just because he doesn't walk around with a bumper sticker saying look at me i'm Haitian doesn't mean he was denying it. It's not necessary for him to do that.

Now with that being said I hope that some of you that jumped in here as fast as you saw this thread (especially you Haitians) will do so with the same speed when music is being posted here and not just ignore it or say "nice" and keep it moving.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    Many Haitians knew from the get go that Maxwell was Haitian because he SAID SO when he first came out. Just because he doesn't walk around with a bumper sticker saying look at me i'm Haitian doesn't mean he was denying it. It's not necessary for him to do that.

Now with that being said I hope that some of you that jumped in here as fast as you saw this thread (especially you Haitians) will do so with the same speed when music is being posted here and not just ignore it or say "nice" and keep it moving.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Thank you and notice how quiet it got.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post

I know right
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Yes in wikipedia they said her mother from Trinidad

Credits
    Please don't believe everything you read or hear if not from the source directly. So many untruths and lies out their about Maxwell. I have met Maxwell and he is a very nice, sweet, and humble human being. I also have heard him mention his heritage so not sure where this question stemmed from. Have you seen this interview where he openly talks about being caribbean? It's one of the best interviews I've watched and I'm not just saying that because I'm his fan. Check it out yourself: video Guest Star Maxwell - guest, star, trace - videos mytrace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast