Thread: Konpa Remake??????

Credits

Konpa Remake??????

This is a merengue track called Mal De Amor by the artist Juan Luis Guerra. I know Sweet Micky did a cover of this track on one of his cds...it was called Konpadirek...now supposedly Mal De Amor is an original track...but something tells me it is a remake of an older haitian konpa classic...can't put my finger on it....maybe someone can help me....or correct me if I'm wrong about Mal De Amor being a konpa remake.

Here's the video:
    Last edited by Ayisyen; 10-20-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Credits
    It is a remake of one of the most well known kompa songs originally done by Nemours Jean Baptiste.

Spanish remake of some konpa songs | Konpa Universe
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    It is a remake of one of the most well known kompa songs originally done by Nemours Jean Baptiste.

Spanish remake of some konpa songs | Konpa Universe
    Thanks...apparently it is suppose to be a cover of Nemours' Rhythm Commercial track...is it me tho or the two tracks don't sound anything alike??? plus Sweet Micky's version sounds alot closer to Guerra's Mal De Amor....which he interestedly called Konpadirek....It's not like Micky's other tracks such as Suav Suav...where u could see the clear connection to his cover of Elvis Crespo's Suavemente....anyone share my thoughts???

Here is Nemour's Rhythm Commercial:
    Last edited by Ayisyen; 10-20-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    Thanks...apparently it is suppose to be a cover of Nemours' Rhythm Commercial track...is it me tho or the two tracks don't sound anything alike??? plus Sweet Micky's version sounds alot closer to Guerra's Mal De Amor....which he interestedly called Konpadirek....It's not like Micky's other tracks such as Suav Suav...where u could see the clear connection to his cover of Elvis Crespo's Suavemente....anyone share my thoughts???

Here is Nemour's Rhythm Commercial:
    I don't think this is it...I've heard something closer.

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits

Credits
    You know I think it may be the track Discipline....the melody is too uncanny.

Do u happen to have the entire track??
    Last edited by Ayisyen; 10-20-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayisyen View Post
    You know I think it may be the track Discipline....the melody is too uncanny.

Do u happen to have the entire track??
    Actually, I have the Fanatiques Compas CD. I'll try and upload something for you tomorrow.

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
    Actually, I have the Fanatiques Compas CD. I'll try and upload something for you tomorrow.
    Good Looking out man, I'll appreciate this.