Thread: Kassav’s Patrick St. Eloi passes away

Credits

Kassav’s Patrick St. Eloi passes away

Dominica News Online can confirm that Patrick St Eloi of Kassav band died after a long illness last night.

Kassav performed at the 2009 World Creole Music Fest.

Kassav’ (Antillean Creole for a local dish made from cassava root) is a Francophone zouk band formed in Paris in 1979.

The core members of the band are Jocelyne Béroard, Jacob Desvarieux, Jean-Philippe Marthély, St. Eloi, Jean-Claude Naimro, Claude Vamur and Georges Décimus (who left the band to form Volte Face, before returning to Kassav’).

Kassav’ have issued over 20 albums, with a further 12 solo albums by band members. (Source: Wikipedia)

Patrick St. Eloi is the second legendary Caribbean artiste to have died for the week. On Wednesday morning, Arrow – born Alphonsus Celestine Edmund Cassell – died in his native Montserrat from brain cancer.

Arrow, who is renowned for his globally acclaimed soca hit Hot Hot Hot, was 55.

Source

Credits
    sad to hear this news. RIP

Credits
    rip patrick st eloi sad news

Credits
    RIP

Mwen kay pwedye ba li ek fanmi'y

I dont have a good feeling in my stomach right now...
    The kokot is to loan, not to own - papaboi :

whoy whoy whoy...papaboi! ou konnet mwen fen! depi bonmaten ou leve epi'w pa ka fe anyen pou manje? ale fe manje ek pote'y ban mwen. Mwen vle dite-a tale tale tale...

later...

whoy whoy whoy...papaboi! dite'w bon bon bon. ou ka toujou wed mwen bon doudou...

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Zouk muisc would not be the same.........................................thanks monsieur Patrick for making the zouk music where it is now to all French West-indies islands take a stand for monsieur Patrick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Wow. RIP Patrick. I was over by a friend's house last night looking at some of his old LPs. Too sad.
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    FyzoBadMan

Outta Road... Delhi Road

Credits
    R.i.p.