Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haitians I need you

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits

Haitians I need you

I only remember one song that I used to like when i was younger by Kassav...Joonyah helped me not too long ago...me like an idiot never wrote down the name...so can i get some help...It's haunting me right now that's why ah up so late...heard it tonite cah begin to spell the name but i know it was a real popular song...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    I only remember one song that I used to like when i was younger by Kassav...Joonyah helped me not too long ago...me like an idiot never wrote down the name...so can i get some help...It's haunting me right now that's why ah up so late...heard it tonite cah begin to spell the name but i know it was a real popular song...
    well i cant help you there but there is a song i heard on the parkways in 99 by a haitian band, i was jamming wid de song was soo sooo soooooooo sweeet, i was singing an all doh even know wha de ass it was, anyways i've been trying to find the song

Credits
    I think u may be speaking about "Zouk la sé sel medikaman" but i could be wrong. That songs stay in the box for all parties!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribNVA
    I think u may be speaking about "Zouk la sé sel medikaman" but i could be wrong. That songs stay in the box for all parties!
    Yes, I think that's the song too. There's another thread in here about it. Real ole tune, though.. over 20 years. But it has never died. The group Kassav actually is from Martinique and has quite a few other hits. Maybe they should put some in the AV room.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    thank you thank you...

joon-yah
    that kassav tune reaallll bad! . . . came out in like '84 or '85 and only gets better each year.

" An malad An malade An malade . . . "

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by joon-yah
    that kassav tune reaallll bad! . . . came out in like '84 or '85 and only gets better each year.

" An malad An malade An malade . . . "

IT HAS TO BE "Zouk la sé sel medikaman"!!! Even though that wasn't my first song from Kassav that I loved, their cd's are ALL very sweet!!
    Here's a few albums from them you should consider:

Majestic Zouk: Track #3 (Wep) is my favorite.

Vini Pou Track #5 (Soleil) is my favorite.

Le Meilleur de Kassav: Best of 20eme Anniversaire Track #17 (Zouk la Sé Sèl Médikaman Nou Ni) MY ALL TIME FAVORITE CD!! It's like the best of!

i think if the whole caribbean region has to be represented by one band, i think it would have to be them. because they had reach most if not all the islands!

Credits
    SIWO

Credits
    woyyy i love kassav but i can't seem to find the album "an ba chen'n la"

Credits

i love that song

Credits
    omg i luv that song. my fren jus brought it for me to download on my ipod.

Credits
    TUNE...BUT I'M 90% sure kassav ain't Haitian...from...umm...I forget..can someone verify

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva
    TUNE...BUT I'M 90% sure kassav ain't Haitian...from...umm...I forget..can someone verify
    Check below for the Bio... ( i always thought they were from Martinique though... but check the bio) and here's the fulll out link: Kassav FULL OUT bio:

haitiandiva woyyy i love kassav but i can't seem to find the album "an ba chen'n la"
    I can't find it as well in stores, but I found a few songs from them.

The group KASSAV was founded in their native island of Seychelles by the Seychellian Decimus brothers. Kassav, the zouk group par excellence, which invented zouk, has become a living legend. All the Caribbean musical influences intermingle with funk and rock to produce an unusual, rhythmic cocktail. Enough to make the entire planet dance. The story of Kassav (the name comes from cassava, which is a mixture of manioc paste and coconut) began in 1979 when Pierre-Edouard Décimus, a member of a dance orchestra since the sixties, decided to revamp and modernise the music he had always played along with Freddy Marshall, another musician from the Antilles. They adored popular carnival music, and so Decimus tried to adapt it to modern musical techniques. They also recruited Jacob Desvarieux, an established studio guitarist, and Georges Décimus, Pierre-Edouard's brother, a bass guitarist, together with other studio musicians. The group built up as it went along. The first formation went in to the recording studios in the November and brought out the first Kassav album, entitled "Love and Ka Dance", a couple of months later. A new musical genre had been conceived: zouk. New sounds, particularly bass, keyboards and brass wind instruments, gave this music a modern, festive air, both lively and foot-tapping. This was when Kassav began writing the history of zouk. The second album was called "Lagué mwen" and also came out in 1980. For the first time, Jocelyne Béroard's voice is perceptible in the backing vocals, with Freddy Marshall in the foreground. On this album is one of their first hits, "Soleil". Kassave began to mark the consciousness of an entire generation. On the crest of the wave, they brought out a third album in 1981 and the singer Jean-Philippe Marthély joined them, along with Jean-Claude Naimro on keyboards. In August, the group first appeared on stage, performing throughout the Caribbean. Considerable technical means were used.

Credits

Lightbulb

The group KASSAV was founded in their native island of Seychelles by the Seychellian Decimus brothers.

Decimus brothers are from GUADELOUPE.
    The founder members are from Guadeloupe.The musicians and lead vocalists are from Guadeloupe(J.DESVARIEUX and Patrick ST ELOI(he quitted the band)) AND Martinique(JOCELYNE BEROARD, JP MARTHELYand JC NAIMRO)

So KASSAV is half Guadeloupean and half Martinican

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast