Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seawall

Thread: Enjoyable track from Sylviane Cédia backed by the Eddy Gustave-Année Orchestra (1983)

Credits

Thumbs up Enjoyable track from Sylviane Cédia backed by the Eddy Gustave-Année Orchestra (1983)

Enjoyable track from French Guiana born and Paris-based singer, songwriter Sylviane Cédia backed by the Eddy Gustave-Année Orchestra from 1983.

Sylviane Cédia acc. by Eddy Gustave-Année Orchestra - BONJOUR CARNAVAL (1983)

Nou Ka Sonjé Sylviane Cédia-Ecoutez : BONJOUR CARNAVAL-( Auteur Compositeur .Cédia Sylviane)-Maîtrise Orch: Eddy Gustave-Année :1983:

This sounds to me like a cross between Cadencelypso, Kompa & Merengue and could also be described as early Zouk.

Do you guys agree?
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    "Every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor." — Frantz Fanon

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    So is this your way of saying that you agree with me that the song I posted above can be described as early Zouk?
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    So is this your way of saying that you agree with me that the song I posted above can be described as early Zouk?
    It's African influenced cadence. Eddy Gustauve owned a recording studio and record label in Paris and produced some of the best Congolese, West African, cadence and zouk music during the 1980's. The song above has the signature Eddy Gustauve sound. He was one of the precursors of the soukous cadence and soukous zouk sound. I have a digitized copy of the LP, plus her best of CD (La Roche Bleu) which includes the song.
    Socapro likes this.

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.” Frederick Douglass

Credits
    Part of Gustave's catalog. I have a good selection of his productions.

http://www.discogs.com/label/151304-Disques-Sonics

http://www.discogs.com/label/238013-EddySon