Thread: Compas Festival 2009 Details!

Credits

Compas Festival 2009 Details!

Courtesy of MIA Media

The 11th Annual Haitian Compas Festival is taking steps to finalize every aspect of all the events surrounding the festival itself on Saturday, May 16, 2009. We are certain that thousands will be in South Florida to paint the town Red & Blue, while enjoying parties and activities catering to their favorite past time, music.

Every year Noel & Cecibon Productions goes above and beyond in all facets to ensure that the desires of music lovers of all ages, of all generations are met. In its eleventh year we are extremely thankful for the reaction and enthusiasm we have already received about the Compas Festival and we are enthusiastically waiting for the week of May 13 through the 18th to begin. With groups like Kreyol La, Djakout Mizik, Zenglen, Nu Look, Mizik Mizik, Gabel, Zin, Back-up, Azor, CaRiMi, T-Vice, Harmonik and Zin present to bestow the best Compas and Racine music available and performers like Hip Hop artist Haitian Fresh, Kreyol Rap sensations RockFam and the group Brothers Posse will bring a taste of youthfulness to the duo-stage, while a well deserved honor will be given to special guests Septentrional for their infinite contributions to Haitian music.

Just to give you a run down of activities surrounding the Haitian Compas Festival, tickets have been on sale since March exclusively on Sakapfet.com :: Your cyber-highway to haiti for an early bird price, as of Friday, May 1, 2009 tickets will hit stores all around South Florida and the Palm Beaches, and will continue to be available online for the advance price of $35. VIP Tickets are also being sold on Sakapfet.com :: Your cyber-highway to haiti for $100, which include preferred seating, food and drinks, as well as plenty of extra goodies.

The Official Media Launch and Press Conferencewill be on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport – 111 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd. Miami Springs, Fl. 33166 at 6pm – 10pm. Representatives from all the groups taking part of the Festival will be on hand and as an added bonus we will be taking a moment to honor pioneers of Haitian Music, the group Septentrional. After 61 years of invaluable contributions it is only fitting that we give them their moment to shine and be applauded for what they have done on behalf of our country through music. That is not the only commemoration taking place that night, the group Zenglen will also be celebrating their 20th Anniversary. And with a private performance by Zenglen, it is a splendid way to commence the weekend’s festivities for certain. RSVP’s are mandatory to attend this Press Conference and must be received no later than by May 5, 2009. RSVP’s can be made my emailing MIAMedia@hotmail.com or calling Mia Lopez directly at 305-343-4750.

The Kick-Off Parties begin on Thursday, May 14th at two locations, Nu Look & T-Vice at Marabou Café and CaRiMi & Harmonik at the regular Thursday night location Legends Café. Friday the hype continues as CaRiMi & T-Vice take the stage at the Black Affair at Club Space, while the White Affair takes place at 90 Degrees with Nu Look & Kreyol La. Saturday the only place to be is Bicentennial Park in Downtown Miami for the 11th Annual Haitian Compas Festival. On Sunday things do not slow down as CaRiMi & Djakout Mizik bring “it” to Marabou Café and for the first time ever Kreyol La & T-Vice bring Compas to Café Iguana in Pembroke Pines. Monday the festivities have their official close at Bouillon Night at Marabou Café with Nu Look & Harmonik.

For those traveling from out of town we have set up some help to find Hotel Accommodations, call 305-945-8814 for more information. But note that the Festival Headquarters this year are at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Miami International Airport – 111 S. Royal Poinciana Blvd. Miami Springs, Fl. 33166 – there out of towners will be able to have an opportunity to find out everything that’s going on in regards to the festival, as well as find the time to meet and greet musicians and staff members. Also, The official restaurant and eatery of the 11th Annual Haitian Compas Festival is Moca Café located in the heart of North Miami at 770 NE 125th Street North Miami, Fl. 33161, there out of towners coming to join us at the Compas Festival will also receive a 25% discount on all meals when they show their boarding pass from their trip to Miami for this grand event.

Noel & Cecibon Productions, alongside their sponsors CAM, Digicel and American Airlines have teamed up to make the 11th Annual Haitian Compas Festival memorable for all those who will be making Bicentennial Park in Downtown Miami on Saturday May 16, 2009 their final destination to celebrate Haitian Flag Day, to display their pride and love for Haiti and to indulge in great food and a sensational assemble of performances.

See you there!

For more details log on to Welcome To Compas Festival or call 305-945-8814

Credits
    I'd like to be there but they could ad a feminine touch with MISTY JEAN now that she has her own band...
    Why TI KABZY never performed there?
    where is TANTAN ?
    Who on your opinion will be the best band in terms of crowd response?
    i would say DJAKOUT but i expect a lot from HARMONICK, i don't know how they sound live !

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    that festival takes place is every year in miami.

in i'm glad compa on broadway was a nice venue for compa music for the new yorker's
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    well i guess i wait for kreyolfest to pop up in ny on june
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." -- Jimi Hendrix

DJ Vice AKA Da Motivator
    www.facebook.com/djvice06

Credits
    I've been wanting to go to that festival for some years now
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by anakonda View Post
    I'd like to be there but they could ad a feminine touch with MISTY JEAN now that she has her own band...
    Why TI KABZY never performed there?
    where is TANTAN ?
    Who on your opinion will be the best band in terms of crowd response?
    i would say DJAKOUT but i expect a lot from HARMONICK, i don't know how they sound live !
    I agree its a shame Misty doesn't perform often enough. Misty is actually performing at the rival Compas fest that is taking place in Fort Lauderdale that will host a bunch of other Compas artists.

As far as Ti Kabzy whats funny with them is that they aren't too popular with the young Haitian crowd at least not in Miami. They seem to want nothing but T-Vice and Carimi lol.

Tantan is underrated. I liked his last album. But it didn't get that much play. Still nothing tops "Pam Pam Pam" and his Lakol days.

Yea they always go crazy for Djakout Mizik. Harmonik should do pretty well too.