Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Carimi @ S.O.B.'s Last Night...

  1. #1
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555

    Thumbs up Carimi @ S.O.B.'s Last Night...

    ...was fucking AWESOME!!!

    The Haitian crowd REPRESENTED...de place was RAM!!!

    Carimi MASH UP DE PLACE!!!

    And dey came on like at 2:30am.

    Dere was anudda Kompa group playing from about 1ish/1:30 till den.

    Dey rocked too, but Carimi just mashu it up man.

    My first time to that event, the weekly Haitian Party @ SOBs and it was NICE!!

    I'll be back...many more times.





    *Carimi @ SOBS, but not a clip from last night, however it was just like dat...except better*

  2. #2
    ~Haitian Sensation~ j-vice19's Avatar j-vice19 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    579
    Credits
    1,509,626
    you have anoither band that you should check out which is Djakout Mizik and that band is ridiculous az hell.
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." -- Jimi Hendrix

    DJ Vice AKA Da Motivator
    www.facebook.com/djvice06

  3. #3
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    Quote Originally Posted by j-vice19 View Post
    you have anoither band that you should check out which is Djakout Mizik and that band is ridiculous az hell.
    Thanks, I'll check dem out.

    Dey play at SOBs too or some other venue?



    K-Dans was the other group I mentioned...they were pretty good I must say.

  4. #4
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    yea djakout plays at SOB's too.....they are awesome but I prefer Carimi..... I wanted to go to that but couldn't make it.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  5. #5
    ~Haitian Sensation~ j-vice19's Avatar j-vice19 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    579
    Credits
    1,509,626
    well i know djakout will be at the haitian parade in bk 2day and then off to queens for a black tie event
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." -- Jimi Hendrix

    DJ Vice AKA Da Motivator
    www.facebook.com/djvice06

  6. #6
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    Quote Originally Posted by j-vice19 View Post
    well i know djakout will be at the haitian parade in bk 2day and then off to queens for a black tie event
    There's a Haitian Parade today in BK?

    I heard it already happened a week or two ago?

    Where exactly?


  7. #7
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    I would have love to see them...don't understand much at all, but like what i have heard!

  8. #8
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    Quote Originally Posted by currygyal View Post
    I would have love to see them...don't understand much at all, but like what i have heard!
    My girl was like, "Can you understand what they saying?"

    I'm like, "Nope, just grew up listening to it, but don't know a LICK of what they saying."

    Jammin to it like nobody business doah.


  9. #9
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    My girl was like, "Can you understand what they saying?"

    I'm like, "Nope, just grew up listening to it, but don't know a LICK of what they saying."

    Jammin to it like nobody business doah.

    You grow up listenin tuh dem and you eh pick up anything yet???

    Dey does music sound rhel sweet... Hope dey make it down this way.

  10. #10
    m
    Reign of Fire...Judgement m's Avatar m is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nearby
    Posts
    9,383
    Credits
    1,026,555
    Quote Originally Posted by currygyal View Post
    You grow up listenin tuh dem and you eh pick up anything yet???

    Dey does music sound rhel sweet... Hope dey make it down this way.
    Grew up listening to Zouk.

    Not exclusively though, amongst many other genres of music.

    Have a great love and appreciation for it.

    Moreso as an adult.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •