Thread: Are there any educators here?

Credits

Are there any educators here?

I'm looking for some classroom tips, especially from those who work with elementary school students. I was given the opportunity to work as a long-term substitute working with either Pre-K or Kindergarten. You know just some basic classroom management suggestions, and how to deal with parents who are not as involved with their child(ren)'s class work/ behavior.

Credits
    I am an elementary teacher but with the 4th and 5th grades. One thing I do know is that across the board there needs to be consistency if you want things to work. Your rules, consequences, and rewards need to be clear and consistent.

I am one who aims for no down time, so always have back up lessons just incase you need them. Keep them busy, that keeps them out of trouble.

In order to develop a relationship with parents you have to reach out to them as soon as school starts and then try to call at least twice a month. Even if their child is the perfect child, you still need to call that way when the child acts up your call is not a surprise to them but more of a communication that there is a change happening in their childs behavior or learning. Parents are more receptive if you are one who shares good news as well as bad.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpinapple View Post
    I am an elementary teacher but with the 4th and 5th grades. One thing I do know is that across the board there needs to be consistency if you want things to work. Your rules, consequences, and rewards need to be clear and consistent.

I am one who aims for no down time, so always have back up lessons just incase you need them. Keep them busy, that keeps them out of trouble.

In order to develop a relationship with parents you have to reach out to them as soon as school starts and then try to call at least twice a month. Even if their child is the perfect child, you still need to call that way when the child acts up your call is not a surprise to them but more of a communication that there is a change happening in their childs behavior or learning. Parents are more receptive if you are one who shares good news as well as bad.
    thanks because I get along with the students, but my main problem was communicating with the parents. You're suggestions will help me out a lot!