Thread: Oracle is taking over the worl

Credits

Oracle is taking over the worl

I will come back here later in the week ... but bottom line... is ... ppl need to get involved in ORACLE development... BPEL, J2EE, FUSION... learn it all... or the functional side

Credits
    What is it?

And good to see your posting.... i heard u was a active member back in the days.
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    lol at ORACLE taking over the world you could make the same argument for IBM/Microsoft even SUN, and it hasnt happened yet. I will say this much, cloud computing does open a lot of possibilities

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by STRYKA View Post
    I will come back here later in the week ... but bottom line... is ... ppl need to get involved in ORACLE development... BPEL, J2EE, FUSION... learn it all... or the functional side
    TRUE.....was looking into acquiring a financial mgmt product recently and realized that oracle now owns half of those companies who previously competed with them or who had a complementary product they could package.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidarkie View Post
    TRUE.....was looking into acquiring a financial mgmt product recently and realized that oracle now owns half of those companies who previously competed with them or who had a complementary product they could package.

Big fish eat little fish...

Credits
    Oracle gives ppl exclusive rights to their products? Seems to go against their model.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidarkie View Post
    Oracle gives ppl exclusive rights to their products? Seems to go against their model.
    Oracle doesn't give anyone "exclusive rights" to anything. Their sales reps tell you that to make the sale.

Oracle's marketshare in databases has been been declining in the past decade due to open software solutions like MySQL. Oracle has countered that by building applications and better infrastructure around their databases as well as buying other companies to speed up research and development. It will be interesting to see what happens when open source developers put their pride aside and increase the quality of their apps.

Credits
    Hey man can you please get at more about this Oracle info. serious I always wanted try my hand at it but felt like brother too old to but in the time to do it, hala back