Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63

Thread: Hospitality folks identify yourselves

  1. #46
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    when i stay at a hotel

    i does try to steal everything i can
    I take pleasure in charging people like you for damaged or stolen items
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  2. #47
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I take pleasure in charging people like you for damaged or stolen items
    kinna kinky dont you think

  3. #48
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Chie View Post
    kinna kinky dont you think
    I giving you one calpat
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  4. #49
    sweet sweet fa days Bajan Sweet Gal's Avatar Bajan Sweet Gal is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    284
    Credits
    1,506,049
    It's been awhile since I looked into this thread. So here is the skinny on me. I too am a student in the hospitality field. I have my associates and I'll be getting the bachelors in June. I have to do an internship in the spring semester. Some of you ladies in here seem to be doing quite well and I offer my congrats and continued success. My main focus is in travel and tourism however I want to get as much experience possible in all areas. The corporate meeting planning sounds very good Val. If anyone can help me out as far as mu internship it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  5. #50
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,355,156
    I worked for Marriott Intl. for 13yrs,(started when I was 19) at Marriott in Bermuda as Room Controller, Moved to NYC worked at the Glenpointe Marriott in Teaneck, then the WTC Marriott (My Boss was actually killed when the towers went down - but I had left by then) Moved to Atlanta, worked as Assist, Front Office Manager at Renaissance, then Front Office Manager at Marriott Suites Midtown, then back to Renaissance as Front Office Manager whewww! I then moved to Chicago and worked as the Business Development Manager for the Bermuda dept. of Tourism for the midwest (I LOVED THAT JOB). Moved back to Bermuda worked for Fairmont as the Gold Level manager.
    I love the Industry - its fun!

  6. #51
    sweet sweet fa days Bajan Sweet Gal's Avatar Bajan Sweet Gal is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    284
    Credits
    1,506,049
    wow mixitup u all over the place, thats great tho

  7. #52
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,355,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan Sweet Gal View Post
    wow mixitup u all over the place, thats great tho
    Yeah, the Hospitality Industry is addictive, the pay may not be that great until you get into Management, but if I can do it all again, I would do the exact same. Anyone looking to get into it, I suggest Marriott or Starwood chain.

  8. #53
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mixitup View Post
    I worked for Marriott Intl. for 13yrs,(started when I was 19) at Marriott in Bermuda as Room Controller, Moved to NYC worked at the Glenpointe Marriott in Teaneck, then the WTC Marriott (My Boss was actually killed when the towers went down - but I had left by then) Moved to Atlanta, worked as Assist, Front Office Manager at Renaissance, then Front Office Manager at Marriott Suites Midtown, then back to Renaissance as Front Office Manager whewww! I then moved to Chicago and worked as the Business Development Manager for the Bermuda dept. of Tourism for the midwest (I LOVED THAT JOB). Moved back to Bermuda worked for Fairmont as the Gold Level manager.
    I love the Industry - its fun!
    Are you still in the industry?

    I would love to move to the islands.

    i agree that Marriott and Starwood are great brands to start off and move up. I currently work for Omni but I was with marriott for about 2 years while I was in college.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  9. #54
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,355,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Are you still in the industry?

    I would love to move to the islands.

    i agree that Marriott and Starwood are great brands to start off and move up. I currently work for Omni but I was with marriott for about 2 years while I was in college.
    Naa. but actively seeking to get back in ASAP, applied just last Friday. Find a brand that is of quality and Large enough to move around, Omni isn't. You wont find an Omni in the Caribbean, but u know that already. They are opening a St. Regis, Park Hyatt, and Four Seasons in the next year or two here in BDA keep your eyes open for positions.

  10. #55
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mixitup View Post
    Naa. but actively seeking to get back in ASAP, applied just last Friday. Find a brand that is of quality and Large enough to move around, Omni isn't. You wont find an Omni in the Caribbean, but u know that already. They are opening a St. Regis, Park Hyatt, and Four Seasons in the next year or two here in BDA keep your eyes open for positions.
    any links?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  11. #56
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,355,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    any links?
    Here or in Atlanta? Lemmie know

  12. #57
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mixitup View Post
    Here or in Atlanta? Lemmie know
    actually both
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  13. #58
    Registered User mixitup is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    571
    Credits
    2,355,156
    I'll send u a prvt message with some contacts.

  14. #59
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mixitup View Post
    I'll send u a prvt message with some contacts.
    ok cool
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  15. #60
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan Sweet Gal View Post
    It's been awhile since I looked into this thread. So here is the skinny on me. I too am a student in the hospitality field. I have my associates and I'll be getting the bachelors in June. I have to do an internship in the spring semester. Some of you ladies in here seem to be doing quite well and I offer my congrats and continued success. My main focus is in travel and tourism however I want to get as much experience possible in all areas. The corporate meeting planning sounds very good Val. If anyone can help me out as far as mu internship it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You can check out Compass Group, but their internship is usually in June and ends in August, but who knows they may take u in before then. Their program is great, it's PAID and most times u end up with a position in that company. Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by mixitup View Post
    I worked for Marriott Intl. for 13yrs,(started when I was 19) at Marriott in Bermuda as Room Controller, Moved to NYC worked at the Glenpointe Marriott in Teaneck, then the WTC Marriott (My Boss was actually killed when the towers went down - but I had left by then) Moved to Atlanta, worked as Assist, Front Office Manager at Renaissance, then Front Office Manager at Marriott Suites Midtown, then back to Renaissance as Front Office Manager whewww! I then moved to Chicago and worked as the Business Development Manager for the Bermuda dept. of Tourism for the midwest (I LOVED THAT JOB). Moved back to Bermuda worked for Fairmont as the Gold Level manager.
    I love the Industry - its fun!
    That's why i decided to get into the industry. The freedom to move around and work in different places. Sounds like u have/had a great career mixitup. I am trying to get back into schoool at the moment and then try my hand down in Trinidad, but we'll see, I'm currently weighing many options.
    Last edited by Val3nie2debone; 11-23-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •