Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Event Management

  1. #1
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390

    Event Management

    Does anyone have a degree in Event Management?

    If so, what are you doing with the degree?

    I have been considering it but very few schools seem to offer it.

  2. #2
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Most schools offer it as a concentration option of a hospitality degree.....you might want to try that.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  3. #3
    rhel sweet sweetestrini's Avatar sweetestrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,550
    Credits
    1,518,822
    i'm readin for my BA (Hons) in Marketing with Events Management. i startin my second yr in october
    not too too sure wha i doin wit it wen i dun
    rite now i jus want tuh complete it oui

  4. #4
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds View Post
    Does anyone have a degree in Event Management?

    If so, what are you doing with the degree?

    I have been considering it but very few schools seem to offer it.
    I agree with what Nica said. Most schools offer the hospitality degree with different concentrations. With my degree I was able to learn about all aspects of the hospitality field. Marketing, Event Planning, Conference dining, front desk, housekeeping, just to name a few. The funny thing is you learn a lot more in this business by experience than sitting in a class room. Some of the big wigs in hospitality probably just have their high school diplomas.

    I believe UMASS has a hospitality program, you should check and see if they offer courses in specific areas of hospitality.

  5. #5
    rhel sweet sweetestrini's Avatar sweetestrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,550
    Credits
    1,518,822
    come tuh yuh home town redz
    plenty courses in events across de pond

  6. #6
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetestrini View Post
    come tuh yuh home town redz
    plenty courses in events across de pond
    I know and the great thing is it would be dead cheap!!!!

    I considered the Hospitality with a concentration option but I want straight up Events Management (more on the Marketing side of things).

    Girl - you might hear me ring you up other than time I was drunk in Liverpool.

  7. #7
    rhel sweet sweetestrini's Avatar sweetestrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,550
    Credits
    1,518,822
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds View Post
    I know and the great thing is it would be dead cheap!!!!

    I considered the Hospitality with a concentration option but I want straight up Events Management (more on the Marketing side of things).

    Girl - you might hear me ring you up other than time I was drunk in Liverpool.

    girl my degree is Marketing wit Events Management
    and yuh KNO dey hav events management jus so by itself
    come man.....we go lime....i bak in Birmingham but dais not no scene

  8. #8
    Registered User up2detime's Avatar up2detime is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,412
    Credits
    1,521,042
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetestrini View Post
    i'm readin for my BA (Hons) in Marketing with Events Management. i startin my second yr in october
    not too too sure wha i doin wit it wen i dun
    rite now i jus want tuh complete it oui
    thats a HUGE problem right there. you should pick your degree based on what you want to do with it, not just cause it sound good, or the classes might be easy. by the time you done with that degree then you'll learn the hard way thats not where you want to be or the jobs looking for this degree might be very slim, then you gone end up back in shcool for another degree or doing something completely unrelated to your degree

  9. #9
    rhel sweet sweetestrini's Avatar sweetestrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,550
    Credits
    1,518,822
    Quote Originally Posted by up2detime View Post
    thats a HUGE problem right there. you should pick your degree based on what you want to do with it, not just cause it sound good, or the classes might be easy. by the time you done with that degree then you'll learn the hard way thats not where you want to be or the jobs looking for this degree might be very slim, then you gone end up back in shcool for another degree or doing something completely unrelated to your degree
    nah i wantd to go into events management....in terms of shows and conferences and stuff
    bt i nt sure if dais all i wanna focus on coz i multi-talentd
    so rite nw i jus finishin de degree fuh finishin it sake....i'mma use it but dais not all i go do

  10. #10
    Registered User broaman's Avatar broaman is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    14
    Credits
    1,630,941
    Events management is a strange degree however if you are going to go through the trouble of doing it don't limit yourself. You may want to consider going all out and do project management if it is available.

  11. #11
    rhel sweet sweetestrini's Avatar sweetestrini is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,550
    Credits
    1,518,822
    Quote Originally Posted by broaman View Post
    Events management is a strange degree however if you are going to go through the trouble of doing it don't limit yourself. You may want to consider going all out and do project management if it is available.
    yea i was considering that as well....thanx fuh d confirmation

  12. #12
    Gladiator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by broaman View Post
    Events management is a strange degree however if you are going to go through the trouble of doing it don't limit yourself. You may want to consider going all out and do project management if it is available.
    Good advice right here..Project management will be a degree that will cater for more jobs..not knocking event management tho..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •