MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION
    COLUMBIA, MD

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, JUNE 6 @ 10AM

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT:
    MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION BOX OFFICE
    ALL TICKETMASTER OUTLETS
    ONLINE AT TICKETMASTER.COM * MERRIWEATHERMUSIC.COM * 930.COM
    CHARGE BY PHONE (202) 397-SEAT, (410) 547-SEAT
    next saturday...so who is going? last I checked there was limited seating in the stands, but lots of seating on the lawn.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    next saturday...so who is going? last I checked there was limited seating in the stands, but lots of seating on the lawn.
    Wow nice line up. New fan of Estelle. Jill Scott is the best.....

Well I cyah go.

But I will make it meh business to see Jill Scott at Wingate Park, Brooklyn, NY... Aug 11th I believe.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

Credits
    Girl okay first of all I love the fact that it was a live show. There is something about people actually playing music instead of having a DJ. Estelle was REALLY good, and I was surprised in a good way. Because you never know how someone who sounds aight in the studio, but then sound a hot mess on stage. She did a great set, about 15 minutes, and really tried the crowd in the back (where I was sitting on the lawn) moving. It just wasn't going to happen it too flicking hot! lol

Chuck hit the stage, and everyone from the Go-Go area (DC, NoVa, MD 'excluding Baltimore') got up and partied. We partied so hard that the rain came, and it came hard! My Mom and I hugged up under the umbrella still partyin, and as soon as the rain stopped people stood up to continue dancing. Like for all of the years that he's been out there in the music scene, there are no signs that he's thinking about retiring.

The Roots, OMG!!!! That's like really all I can say about their set. The bass and lead guitarist were the best ever, and I'm not just saying that because of who they were playing for. Like that was the best performance of "You Got Me" I had ever heard. I was a little upset that Jill didn't come out to sing her part, but that lasted for all of like 15 seconds. The lead guitarist, I think I'm still in love with him, lol. It's kind of hard to describe it, but he had like a jazzy/blues/rock sound to him. I mean of course ?uestlove was on point, along with the guy playing the tuba (my Mom and I joked that they got him from somebody's HBCU down south). They did a lot from their new album, especially the song with Chrisette Michelle, and since it has that Go-Go vibe to it I had to rock it out a little bit.

Jill Scott, one thing you need to do before her show is to listen to her recent CD. I knew some of the songs, but gosh I felt like I was being punished for not knowing all of the words. I can't really say much on this part of the show because birthday boy wasn't trying to be caught up in the let out from the show. I think we were there for her set for a good 20 minutes before we left. Like hearing "The Real Thing" live for 10 minutes, that made it so worth it. Hearing her for those 20 minutes, actually did it for me. I had to at least stay for that long, since everyone calls her my Celebritwin, lol. I kid, but that was so worth it.

so TriniTrini, are you going to the Erykah Badu show?

Credits
    Girl okay first of all I love the fact that it was a live show. There is something about people actually playing music instead of having a DJ. Estelle was REALLY good, and I was surprised in a good way. Because you never know how someone who sounds aight in the studio, but then sound a hot mess on stage. She did a great set, about 15 minutes, and really tried the crowd in the back (where I was sitting on the lawn) moving. It just wasn't going to happen it too flicking hot! lol

Chuck hit the stage, and everyone from the Go-Go area (DC, NoVa, MD 'excluding Baltimore') got up and partied. We partied so hard that the rain came, and it came hard! My Mom and I hugged up under the umbrella still partyin, and as soon as the rain stopped people stood up to continue dancing. Like for all of the years that he's been out there in the music scene, there are no signs that he's thinking about retiring.

The Roots, OMG!!!! That's like really all I can say about their set. The bass and lead guitarist were the best ever, and I'm not just saying that because of who they were playing for. Like that was the best performance of "You Got Me" I had ever heard. I was a little upset that Jill didn't come out to sing her part, but that lasted for all of like 15 seconds. The lead guitarist, I think I'm still in love with him, lol. It's kind of hard to describe it, but he had like a jazzy/blues/rock sound to him. I mean of course ?uestlove was on point, along with the guy playing the tuba (my Mom and I joked that they got him from somebody's HBCU down south). They did a lot from their new album, especially the song with Chrisette Michelle, and since it has that Go-Go vibe to it I had to rock it out a little bit.

Jill Scott, one thing you need to do before her show is to listen to her recent CD. I knew some of the songs, but gosh I felt like I was being punished for not knowing all of the words. I can't really say much on this part of the show because birthday boy wasn't trying to be caught up in the let out from the show. I think we were there for her set for a good 20 minutes before we left. Like hearing "The Real Thing" live for 10 minutes, that made it so worth it. Hearing her for those 20 minutes, actually did it for me. I had to at least stay for that long, since everyone calls her my Celebritwin, lol. I kid, but that was so worth it.

His name is Martin Luther.....really good artist. He has at least two cds as well. Check ehm out eh....his music is good.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Croix Mami View Post
    His name is Martin Luther.....really good artist. He has at least two cds as well. Check ehm out eh....his music is good.
    I wish, but he wasn't there on Saturday, it was some other guy. I even asked my husband where was ML because I love his style as well.

Credits
    ahhh.... who know who deh hell dat was then. Sorry...I ent no help

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Croix Mami View Post
    ahhh.... who know who deh hell dat was then. Sorry...I ent no help
    lol it's cool, they introduced him, but i was so busy listening to him play I didn't even retain his name.

Credits

Yeah, I didn't know much about Estelle but after having seen her perform about 3 weeks ago on the same night as John Legend in Brooklyn I am definitely a new fan. People should always try to see their fav. artists live. You just might like them more. Or respect them more.

Thanks for your review on the roots, chuck and Jill Scott too. It is nice to experience what your experienced with your words. I will see if I get Jill Scott's CD because I will be going next week to see her at Wingate Field Brooklyn.

I went to the Erykah Badu show this past Monday. I will give my review later today. I had fun!! There is more to Erykah than some people know.
    Last edited by TriniTrini; 08-06-2008 at 07:47 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniTrini View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know much about Estelle but after having seen her perform about 3 weeks ago on the same night as John Legend in Brooklyn I am definitely a new fan. People should always try to see their fav. artists live. You just might like them more. Or respect them more.

Thanks for your review on the roots, chuck and Jill Scott too. It is nice to experience what your experienced with your words. I will see if I get Jill Scott's CD because I will be going next week to see her at Wingate Field Brooklyn.

I went to the Erykah Badu show this past Monday. I will give my review later today. I had fun!! There is more to Erykah than some people know.
    No problem, I will let you know that I am so envious of you. I've been trying to see Ms. Badu since I was in the 10th grade (earlier part of 97), and didn't get a chance to this year because we didn't know when the baby was coming. I'm envious of those who live near Brooklyn because of the culture aspect. Like seriously y'all have a lot going for y'all up there in the arts department. *goes to check out the review*

Credits
    No problem, I will let you know that I am so envious of you. I've been trying to see Ms. Badu since I was in the 10th grade (earlier part of 97), and didn't get a chance to this year because we didn't know when the baby was coming. I'm envious of those who live near Brooklyn because of the culture aspect. Like seriously y'all have a lot going for y'all up there in the arts department. *goes to check out the review*
    I made it my business to go because I am like how often would I see her, John Legend, Estelle, Jill Scott in a park/field and free. New York definitely has culture. Maybe a group of people in Baltimore have to create more cultural events.