Thread: Summaries of Sumfest

Credits

Lightbulb Summaries of Sumfest

The Jamaica Star :: Commentary :: Summaries of Sumfest :: July 21, 2008
    Ms Kitty, Contributor

After being at the 'greatest Reggae show on earth' for the past three days and encountering much rain and mud on the final night, it's amazing seh mi pedicure still a gwaan strong.

Contrary to popular belief, this year's Reggae Sumfest defied the odds and packed Catherine Hall each night.

Patrons were not deterred by the rain on the final night and arrived in droves to see there favourite local and overseas artistes.

But mi naw tell nuh lie, I was happy that most of the Jamaican artistes represented well on stage and delivered engaging performances.

On dancehall night, the 'talked about' people dem would be Busy Signal, newcomer Demarco, Spice, D'Angel, Mavado, Bounty Killer before the boos and 'The Doctor', Beenie Man.

International night one was starred by Keyshia Cole but owned undoubtedly by the 'Konvict' himself Akon.

Not only was he delightful on stage, he thrilled the crowd especially the women with his shirtless performance and the way he jumped into the crowd to mingle with the 'poor people' according to him.

Big up to Akon for including the beautiful bombshell Tami Chynn and Kardinal Offishal who is also of Jamaican heritage in his set.

Akon's performance was so electrifying that is like yuh woulda pay a second time fi si him jump di fence dem.

A di fus man me si scale fence like a tief and look so sexy doin it.

I was however, disappointed in the attitude of some of the overseas artistes, as they operated as if they were doing Reggae Sumfest and the Jamaican people a favour.

Who a seh dem naw do nuh interview, to who only ago talk fi two minutes, to those that you had to pay to interview, really did mek mi talk di tings dem!

Lil' Wayne, him neva waa come out a him bus because he wanted maximum security which resulted in the running order being changed around because of his tantrum.

When he eventually sauntered onto the stage, he along with his crew, looked like they just rolled out of bed and onto the stage.

With all the money that Lil' Wayne has, he could at least bought his DJ some clothes so that they didn't come on an international stage in white tees and pyjama pants dat neva look good.

With a lacklustre beginning and slurred speech in between, I had to wonder if he was having some pharmaceutical mishap.

Even though he brought Birdman on stage fi a likkle hype and di vibe started picking up, by that time most people were too annoyed to care.

Artistes need to understand themselves and stop mek dem ego get di bes a dem cause Jamaican people nuh frighten fi nobady.

Some of these artistes act like they need so much protection when they come to Jamaica yet when they are back in their native land, they come from rat-infested and bullet-riddled projects.

Thank God for the elevation but dem still need fi go easy.

Beres Hammond as usual entertained to the max and even his band members got in on a piece of the action. Etana and Tarrus Riley also represented well at the festival.

Reggae Sumfest sweet 16 sell off and though there is always room for improvement, they delivered all the acts they advertised.

Big up Sumfest and nex year again if life spare. By di way, if unnu eva need anybody fi talk di tings dem to any of these overseas artistes, jus link Miss Kitty, zeen!

Credits
    Lil Wayne ah fraud , chicken

Credits
    I'm suprised...but i bet Amillie got tons of forward...i wonder if he did his 'patois' tune.

on dhr there are full audio links for the reggae stars

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    I'm suprised...but i bet Amillie got tons of forward...i wonder if he did his 'patois' tune.

on dhr there are full audio links for the reggae stars
    can you post the link to that thread here please

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne View Post
    can you post the link to that thread here please
    sumfest 2008 audios - DancehallReggae.com Forums

Credits
    Thanks

Credits
    the anthony b segment wicked,

"sunshine, or rainy weather, me haffe put me stick under rihanna UMBRELLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

sounds like he dunn that place

Credits
    the anthony b segment wicked,

"sunshine, or rainy weather, me haffe put me stick under rihanna UMBRELLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

sounds like he dunn that place
    Didn't listen to them yet but I will this weekend

Credits

my boy say he not in diss bow cyat business