Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Systems

cassette_craig

Sound Systems

Who else are the sound system heads in here. Big up De socaprincess i know you dun bonefide, who else follow up stone love, bass odyssey, fire links, matterhorn, ricky troopa, mighty crown, rodigan, etc

Credits
    Me, what's up?

smallaxe
    Deya.....squingy was here bout 3wks ago..........dun out da place.

Credits
    I geh a couple nice clash between some a dem sound you mention. i ain been too uptodate wid most a dem though. whats new? O and how you ain mention Black A-chino!

smallaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by up2detime View Post
    I geh a couple nice clash between some a dem sound you mention. i ain been too uptodate wid most a dem though. whats new? O and how you ain mention Black A-chino!
    Dem bwoy tuff but dey jus reach compared to these foundation systems.

Credits
    big up David Rodigan

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by smallaxe View Post
    Dem bwoy tuff but dey jus reach compared to these foundation systems.
    Exactly tell he again. When since i am more of a warhead fan, i really dont like stone love at all wid all duh bawling and unnecessary shit dem does do.

I used to like ALLL the black kat vs killamanjaro clashes wid war tanka and serial killer. Pantha is the boss of speeches, he speech used to help he stay in clashes, dats why when he bought the sound and invested he money in dubs he started winning.

Since i grow up listening jaro kill EVERYTHING!! den i gun know mostly bout serial killer and the jaro dubs dem.

My sound fuh life doh is bass odyssey. NOBODY in the business have speech and smarts like squingy (honourable mention to lenny). Anybody listen/see the UK cup clash 2008 dat bass odyssey won, yall hear how squingy dismantle everyone in dat clash??? Rodigan was on fire but Squingy worked the crowd and kept the sound in the ting.

Anyways sound clashing will never get back to the days it used to be. Big up all the sounds i grow up listening to.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    Exactly tell he again. When since i am more of a warhead fan, i really dont like stone love at all wid all duh bawling and unnecessary shit dem does do.

I used to like ALLL the black kat vs killamanjaro clashes wid war tanka and serial killer. Pantha is the boss of speeches, he speech used to help he stay in clashes, dats why when he bought the sound and invested he money in dubs he started winning.

Since i grow up listening jaro kill EVERYTHING!! den i gun know mostly bout serial killer and the jaro dubs dem.

My sound fuh life doh is bass odyssey. NOBODY in the business have speech and smarts like squingy (honourable mention to lenny). Anybody listen/see the UK cup clash 2008 dat bass odyssey won, yall hear how squingy dismantle everyone in dat clash??? Rodigan was on fire but Squingy worked the crowd and kept the sound in the ting.

Anyways sound clashing will never get back to the days it used to be. Big up all the sounds i grow up listening to.
    Jaro was nasty in truth. K-I-L-L-E-R-M-A-N J-A-R-O JAAROO!! oh the memories

i gah couple UK cup clash but not 08. any hook ups?

smallaxe
    Oddysey a di gansta for all time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by smallaxe View Post
    Oddysey a di gansta for all time.
    i ain know bout dat, most a dem had they time but for all time id have to go wid Tony Mentally Ill aka matterhorn. i know much ppl dont like him cause he arrogant but dude been in the business long to enough to mash up most system so him earn he respect

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    big up David Rodigan
    Back when I was working in London for a short stint in 1989 I
    went to Gossips on Friday nights where David Rodigan and Papa
    Face held it down.

cassette_craig
    Jaro was nasty in truth. K-I-L-L-E-R-M-A-N J-A-R-O JAAROO!! oh the memories

i gah couple UK cup clash but not 08. any hook ups?
    hahahahahaha, troopa mek the whole dance walk out on pantha, pantha seh three man alone walk out on he hahahahaha. Troopa seh if yuh talk again yuh suck pu$$y, pantha reply if YOU talk again yuh suck EVERY MAN IN YAH! hahahahahahaha The two of dem were bear kicks

There was a thread on dhr a while back wid the links i gun search fuh it and give yuh the link. check yuh pm in 2 minutes

i ain know bout dat, most a dem had they time but for all time id have to go wid Tony Mentally Ill aka matterhorn. i know much ppl dont like him cause he arrogant but dude been in the business long to enough to mash up most system so him earn he respect
    Mental heself gun tell yuh the boss fuh he is Squinjin and Troopa. I remember a while back mental and squingy were at a dance and mental was saying big up odyssey cah squingy was the first person fuh ever kill he (1992 in NY fuh those of you who dont know or cant remember). I have the audio as proof.

I remember when addies give B.O such a kill dat the career did flop. They start ketch back theyself after addies break up and troopa left jaro etc. I like how they bounce back doh and mashing up the place now.

Credits

Thumbs up

Who else are the sound system heads in here. Big up De socaprincess i know you dun bonefide, who else follow up stone love, bass odyssey, fire links, matterhorn, ricky troopa, mighty crown, rodigan, etc
    Yes my yute, we are well schooled in this, my uncle was a selector for " Downbeat International " back in the early 70s.

By far I love the the dub for dub part..... have little if any interest in it now due to the slackness in it. I feel that they should study Radigon style and showmanship of the culture before they allow these fools to chant endless bs on the mic.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Yes my yute, we are well schooled in this, my uncle was a selector for " Downbeat International " back in the early 70s.

By far I love the the dub for dub part..... have little if any interest in it now due to the slackness in it. I feel that they should study Radigon style and showmanship of the culture before they allow these fools to chant endless bs on the mic.
    Get out of my head bredrin, the reason why Rodigan will kill them 'over and over" is because he is an elder who studied reggae music and know all about the advent of dancehall. The young'uns are no match for him cause he can murder them with a simple no-dubplate chune. His equal (the original sound system owners) are either out of the bizniz or are on the sidelines nowadays.

As for me, my cut-off period for live dancehall is '89. Give me one turntable (or two), one selector, one dj(MC) and a mike.

Credits
    hahahahahaha, troopa mek the whole dance walk out on pantha, pantha seh three man alone walk out on he hahahahaha. Troopa seh if yuh talk again yuh suck pu$, pantha reply if YOU talk again yuh suck EVERY MAN IN YAH! hahahahahahaha The two of dem were bear kicks

There was a thread on dhr a while back wid the links i gun search fuh it and give yuh the link. check yuh pm in 2 minutes

Mental heself gun tell yuh the boss fuh he is Squinjin and Troopa. I remember a while back mental and squingy were at a dance and mental was saying big up odyssey cah squingy was the first person fuh ever kill he (1992 in NY fuh those of you who dont know or cant remember). I have the audio as proof.

I remember when addies give B.O such a kill dat the career did flop. They start ketch back theyself after addies break up and troopa left jaro etc. I like how they bounce back doh and mashing up the place now.
    he does always big up Squingy dem, dont get me wrong, Odyssey tough still, but for my time, Tony Marijuana was always de big boss.

on a side note, i love Mighty Crown sounds too. he funny bad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast