Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should Reggae be baned from de pkway

Credits
    i bypassed a sweet trini woman for that one hard faced jamaican girl.

Thats the part that really confuses me

Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    must been really confusing for u being an hermophodite...right.....one minute your being battried by a team of jocks....next your being turned down for prom night by that sweet Jamaican girl who sat at the front.....sad

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    i do....thats why i dont think the vp truck or any other of the jamaican trucks on the parkway represent jamaican culture well.

i think a broader spectrum of jamaican culture should be displayed other than only dancehall music that we see .
    Is one ting to seh yuh want to see other aspects of Jamaican culture as well. Is another thing to seh dancehall isn't a good reflection of Jamaican culture. Dat would be fukry elitist talk right there. Next question. What other aspect of Jamaican culture would fit a modern day parade on the streets meant for bodily enjoyment? Cho... you nardies (suh wih call non-yardies nowadays) are jokers.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grind View Post
    Is one ting to seh yuh want to see other aspects of Jamaican culture as well. Is another thing to seh dancehall isn't a good reflection of Jamaican culture. Dat would be fukry elitist talk right there. Next question. What other aspect of Jamaican culture would fit a modern day parade on the streets meant for bodily enjoyment? Cho... you nardies (suh wih call non-yardies nowadays) are jokers.
    You need to fall back and relax and take time tuh learn people online personas before you start jumping off cliff with everything they say. If you want to simplify all that carnival is and all that it means as "man ah wine up inna feathers and beads and pantyhose" (not even sure where you'd see that) and gyal skinning out in bikini... then it's perfectly reasonable to reduce Jamaican culture as being represented by what happens at Passa Passa.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    You need to fall back and relax and take time tuh learn people online personas before you start jumping off cliff with everything they say. If you want to simplify all that carnival is and all that it means as "man ah wine up inna feathers and beads and pantyhose" (not even sure where you'd see that) and gyal skinning out in bikini... then it's perfectly reasonable to reduce Jamaican culture as being represented by what happens at Passa Passa.
    Which would be reasonable if ah did come wid that people should ban carnival people from dih parkway caws of how I view it. But I nevah did dat. I doh sih whats so much more cultural in soca dan in dancehall and reggae. Or whats so much more cultural in jamacian dancehall session vs carnival parade dem. Despite not being understandably linked in wid carnival culture I would never dismiss it as being non-cultural and den go even further an seh it should be banned from a West Indian day parade caws it isnt a display of a islands culture. Dat kinna ting mi ah lick out against. Yuh sih mi? People an countries and cultures fi differ. Dats a good ting not a bad ting. De lady talking bout dancehall isn't Jamaican culture and so shouldnt be displayed at a West Indian parade is talking bare fukry.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grind View Post
    Which would be reasonable if ah did come wid that people should ban carnival people from dih parkway caws of how I view it. But I nevah did dat. I doh sih whats so much more cultural in soca dan in dancehall and reggae. Or whats so much more cultural in jamacian dancehall session vs carnival parade dem. Despite not being understandably linked in wid carnival culture I would never dismiss it as being non-cultural and den go even further an seh it should be banned from a West Indian day parade caws it isnt a display of a islands culture. Dat kinna ting mi ah lick out against. Yuh sih mi? People an countries and cultures fi differ. Dats a good ting not a bad ting. De lady talking bout dancehall isn't Jamaican culture and so shouldnt be displayed at a West Indian parade is talking bare fukry.
    My comments above have nutten to do with the thread, and everything to do with Apache's post specifically. De man known arung deez parts for saying stuff that's deliberately provocative, but yuh have to look beyond the initial shock value statements to get to the heart of what he has to say. Sometimes he'll leaving yuh laffin'... sometimes he'll make you say, 'yeah dat make sense'... sometimes he just plain talking chupidness too, lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dutty View Post
    i bypassed a sweet trini woman for that one hard faced jamaican girl.

Thats the part that really confuses me
    was that b4 or after the incident? ....so you were still confused.....not knowing whether you were attracted to women or men...so you took the middle ground....a woman that looks like a man?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112