Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOVADO vs KARTEL what allyuh say?

Credits

Lightbulb Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenges View Post
    The last show was literally in the "hood" even though it was right across from the police head quarters. This one is downtown at a fairly upscale club. So I'm thinking they will beef up security especially with what happened last time.
    What was the verdict on the concert? Not only did I not know about it until the last minute, I don't see any reviews, pictures or heard anything about it after the fact. I usually review these kinds of things, nightclubs, restaurants and concerts and such. I only half agree with you. If I had gone I would have felt uncomfortable considering what happened the last time Mavado was here.

I didn't make it out to this one but I sure wrote about it anyway...
    9ine Mile

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn-in-fl View Post
    What was the verdict on the concert? Not only did I not know about it until the last minute, I don't see any reviews, pictures or heard anything about it after the fact. I usually review these kinds of things, nightclubs, restaurants and concerts and such. I only half agree with you. If I had gone I would have felt uncomfortable considering what happened the last time Mavado was here.

I didn't make it out to this one but I sure wrote about it anyway...
    9ine Mile

Well, there was no kind of promotion for this what-so-ever. I went to Club 360 (formerly Screamers) on Thursday, Lux on Friday and neither of them mentioned this concert. The only place I saw any kind of promotion was a flyer at Golden Krust Restaurant in Pine Hills. It was kind of shocking considering Mavado is probably the biggest draw in dancehall right now, especially coming off a Sting clash not even a good 10 days prior.

I will do my best to review but be foreworned I was with the brown bottle that night..so some parts are fuzzy. I was in VIP, which is nothing more than a room upstairs with a view of the stage below through a glass window. Well before show time I was down stairs. The MC/DJ of the night was great - Froggy - who played a nice mix of warm up tunes.

Sorry to say again, time was kind of warped for me so I don't know exactly when showtime was. I know I got there at 10pm and the club was very empty but by at about 11pm or so, people started filling in. I want to say show time was like at 12am. On the bill was Flex and Yellow Spida aside the main event. Now, I don't know if it was the J.Walker black, but I don't remember Flex performing. I do remember Yellow Spida. They are a nice up and coming local act, but they need more promotion and well, Orlando just doesn't have enough reggae acts coming to town for them to open for (third time seeing them as an undercard act). They did a 15-20 minute set.

Then on to the main course - Mavado. The crowd of course went wild during the introduction. I was at the very front of the stage and there was no pushing or shoving or anything like that going on. I don't know if this was because it wasn't as full or if people were minding their manners. There were about 30-40 of his "entourage" on stage standing in the back ground. He did a good 45-60 minute set (sorry can't remember exactly). The more popular the tune he sang, the more noise you heard from the crowd.

Overall, it was a great show. Very professional. No wannabe gangstas causing trouble (I think what happened las time scared them away). That was my first time at Firestone and the venue is nice. Very spacious and accomedating for concerts.

Hopefully this show paves the way for more dancehall artists to visit Orlando.

Credits

can I?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenges View Post
    Well, there was no kind of promotion for this what-so-ever. I went to Club 360 (formerly Screamers) on Thursday, Lux on Friday and neither of them mentioned this concert. The only place I saw any kind of promotion was a flyer at Golden Krust Restaurant in Pine Hills. It was kind of shocking considering Mavado is probably the biggest draw in dancehall right now, especially coming off a Sting clash not even a good 10 days prior.

I will do my best to review but be foreworned I was with the brown bottle that night..so some parts are fuzzy. I was in VIP, which is nothing more than a room upstairs with a view of the stage below through a glass window. Well before show time I was down stairs. The MC/DJ of the night was great - Froggy - who played a nice mix of warm up tunes.

Sorry to say again, time was kind of warped for me so I don't know exactly when showtime was. I know I got there at 10pm and the club was very empty but by at about 11pm or so, people started filling in. I want to say show time was like at 12am. On the bill was Flex and Yellow Spida aside the main event. Now, I don't know if it was the J.Walker black, but I don't remember Flex performing. I do remember Yellow Spida. They are a nice up and coming local act, but they need more promotion and well, Orlando just doesn't have enough reggae acts coming to town for them to open for (third time seeing them as an undercard act). They did a 15-20 minute set.

Then on to the main course - Mavado. The crowd of course went wild during the introduction. I was at the very front of the stage and there was no pushing or shoving or anything like that going on. I don't know if this was because it wasn't as full or if people were minding their manners. There were about 30-40 of his "entourage" on stage standing in the back ground. He did a good 45-60 minute set (sorry can't remember exactly). The more popular the tune he sang, the more noise you heard from the crowd.

Overall, it was a great show. Very professional. No wannabe gangstas causing trouble (I think what happened las time scared them away). That was my first time at Firestone and the venue is nice. Very spacious and accomedating for concerts.

Hopefully this show paves the way for more dancehall artists to visit Orlando.
    Can I add your review to my site?

Credits
    By the way, how old are you?

Credits
    I'm 27. Feel free to post the one below that has been edited:

======================================================

Well, there was no kind of promotion for this what-so-ever. I went to Club 360 (formerly Screamers) on Thursday, Lux on Friday and neither of them mentioned this concert. I found out about the it through a flyer at Golden Krust Restaurant in Pine Hills. It was kind of shocking considering Mavado is probably the biggest draw in dancehall right now, especially coming off a Sting clash not even a good 10 days prior.

I will do my best to review but be foreworned - I was with the brown bottle that night..so some parts are fuzzy. I was in VIP, which is nothing more than a room upstairs with a view of the stage below through a glass window. Well before show time I was down stairs. The MC/DJ of the night was great - Froggy - who played a nice mix of warm up tunes.

Time was kind of warped for me so I don't know exactly when showtime was. I know I got there at 10pm and the club was very empty but by at about 11pm or so, people started filing in. I want to say show time was around 12am. On the bill was Flex and Yellow Spida aside from the main event. Now, I don't know if it was the J.Walker Black, but I don't remember Flex performing - and no I didn't black out - I was at the front of the stage the whole time. I do, however, remember Yellow Spida. They are a nice up and coming local act, but they need more promotion and well, Orlando just doesn't have enough reggae acts coming to town for them to open for (third time seeing them as an undercard act). They did a 15-20 minute set.

Then on to the main course - Mavado. The crowd as expected went wild during his introduction. Even though I was at the very front of the stage there was no pushing or shoving or anything like that going on. I don't know if this was because it wasn't as full or if people were minding their manners. There were about 30-40 of his "entourage" on stage standing in the back ground. He did a good 45 - 50 minute set (can't remember exactly). He did a good mix of classic a new songs. The more popular the tune he sang, the more noise you heard from the crowd. Very good vibes. You could almost tell they were starving for a big named artist to come through.

Overall, it was a great show. Very professionally done. There were no wannabe gangstas causing trouble (I think what happened last time scared them away). This was my first time at Club Firestone and the venue is nice. Very spacious and accomedating for concerts. Aside from being poorly advertised, they got everything else right.

Hopefully this show paves the way for more dancehall acts to visit Orlando.

=======================================================

Credits

thanks

Thank you Ghenges
    By the way...

"Yuh Limin?' ;-)

9ine Mile

smallaxe
    really like your blog because u not just talking ............u really do know what goes down in the o and how the reggae scene is.......good blog.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn-in-fl View Post
    Thank you Ghenges
    By the way...

"Yuh Limin?' ;-)

9ine Mile
    No problem. Nice website! And you know I always limin'. lol

Spranga
    kartel destroyed mafraudo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12