Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Addies, the sound of the 90's myth

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Addis_Ababa View Post
    Well I will defend di great King...every augment you made there is a counter action. Let me start with the BG vs Addies Pt1 inna biltmore. I was dere...addies did whole ah beaten that night. You failed to mention the rematch when face did dismantle BG left right and center. Johnny could not defend BG against face. Futhermore it was this dance that propeled Face into the spotlight in which he went on a killing spree all over the world in the 90s...even dun the career of Trevor Suck Something (SAXON) in bermuda!

Jaro Dance in Portmore..was there..Addies get catch in the latter part of the dance by the surprise sanchez special..but how many sounds from NY had the pulling power over seas as Addies? Ricky Tropper is one of the greatest..mi no basis!

BO. Addies use dat fi beaten stick nuff time! So anyone whe know di history of the NY dancehall scene would never pose the question above zeen. For the record..Downbeat ah di real sound...Jaro box could never stand up against what papa screw have inna him box.

As fi LP, mi and Puma grow up together..de man still ah kill and a gawn wicked...him dey ah Telviv wha day.. BO, Black Puss and some of the other sounds ya mention are some fashion sound dat belong to Chin and dem circus whe pop down.

Dancehall Historian
    yo...i thought this thread was dead a while ago...its a good ting mi check back!

Getting back to the initial thread....are you saying that you think Addies was the WICKEDEST sound of the 90's?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cassette_craig View Post
    nah man i sure dem had mo lame ones from brooklyn

Yo optimus dat clash is a classic
    nah, i dont think so. soul supreme was the lamest....yeah they had other sounds in brooklyn (mine included) that didnt have the wicked specials ...or any specials for that matter but alleast we/they were trying a ting. Soul Supreme had NUFF NUFF BIG TUNES and nuff money and still couldnt win a clash . they bought themselves into the big leagues but couldnt produce.

Credits
    Yes, over here in the states Addies was the wickest ting for the 90s era. Dem went UK mash up tings there, WI's mash up, JA buck up ina tropper and lost by one chune. So yes, dem was di baddest! Ongle Dance that I personally ever witnessed the murder of Addies was by a next likkle bad sound name LP. I had three horns dat night..and all rinse off tha-blow-wow...

Dance Hall Historian

Credits
    Yes, over here in the states Addies was the wickest ting for the 90s era. Dem went UK mash up tings there, WI's mash up, JA buck up ina tropper and lost by one chune. So yes, dem was di baddest! Ongle Dance that I personally ever witnessed the murder of Addies was by a next likkle bad sound name LP. I had three horns dat night..and all rinse off tha-blow-wow...

Dance Hall Historian
    addies was the baddest thing here in the usa...but Killamanjaro was the baddest sound of the 90's.

cassette_craig

Dance Hall Historian
    You didn't see the 92 beatn dat BO gave dem in Brooklyn? Even mental still talks about dat up to now. Mental does tell the world dat BO was the first sound fuh ever give him his biggest kick

Credits
    You didn't see the 92 beatn dat BO gave dem in Brooklyn? Even mental still talks about dat up to now. Mental does tell the world dat BO was the first sound fuh ever give him his biggest kick
    thats what made those days so nice. no sound was exempt from murderation.

the dance you talking about was when B.O. re-emerged from getting its ass kicked by stone love so bad that they were MIA for over a year

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post

the dance you talking about was when B.O. re-emerged from getting its ass kicked by stone love so bad that they were MIA for over a year
    Yup said dance

Mad Scorpion

Stone Love was goin on wicked bad dem time deh. dat is until Inna City done dem, now dat was ah wicked clash!!

cassette_craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime HD View Post
    Stone Love was goin on wicked bad dem time deh. dat is until Inna City done dem, now dat was ah wicked clash!!
    inner city with or without matterhorn?

Mad Scorpion
    inner city with or without matterhorn?
    This was in 1991 if I remember right. I doh remember any mention of anybody else fi Inna City odda dan Mark in da clash.

Credits
    addies was the baddest thing here in the usa...but Killamanjaro was the baddest sound of the 90's.
    Just came to to say this.....Jaro by far was the baddest in the 90's

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by YardieMon View Post
    Just came to to say this.....Jaro by far was the baddest in the 90's
    Maaaaaaaaaaadnesssssssssss......

Rass why you always bringing this back up when I done gave you the whole run down in Backchat the last time.. Jara was only wicked in Ja and maybe UK. Addis was wicked wooooorldwide. And it was the uniqueness of how face cut tunes along with Matterhorn's energy that kept them on top through-out the 90's...

Dont get me wrong Jaro is a big sound and must also get there props but its all about consistency..

In My Own Space Trying To Keep The Balance
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK View Post
    Maaaaaaaaaaadnesssssssssss......

Rass why you always bringing this back up when I done gave you the whole run down in Backchat the last time.. Jara was only wicked in Ja and maybe UK. Addis was wicked wooooorldwide. And it was the uniqueness of how face cut tunes along with Matterhorn's energy that kept them on top through-out the 90's...

Dont get me wrong Jaro is a big sound and must also get there props but its all about consistency..
    i still think trooper was afraid to give them a rematch. i hear to many stories about why dem never play again.

Credits
    Addies never lose a rematch. Name one sound where de King lose off twice in a row? Dem would mudda dat. LP get destroy by a custom Fugee Dub ina Aristrocat, BG get beat down in Biltmore, BO was the normal beating stick, Saxon in Bermi lord gawd...Mi sey Trevor Sax park dat fi a long while. Lion Face Father Eaton bwoy allya had a killing machine...

Dance Hall Historian

Credits
    Addies never lose a rematch. Name one sound where de King lose off twice in a row? Dem would mudda dat. LP get destroy by a custom Fugee Dub ina Aristrocat, BG get beat down in Biltmore, BO was the normal beating stick, Saxon in Bermi lord gawd...Mi sey Trevor Sax park dat fi a long while. Lion Face Father Eaton bwoy allya had a killing machine...

Dance Hall Historian
    +1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123