Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Headline news: More stress on Foreign Relations - TNT/ Jamaican.

Credits

World Cup Headline news: More stress on Foreign Relations - TNT/ Jamaica

Let the show begin:

2006 World Cup Qualifying Playoffs:

Eliminated from the world cup, Jamaican football authorities have decided to host a camp and play a friendly against Bahrain. There are also reports of Jamaica having postponed all their domestic league matches to host their guests and help them prepare for the November 12 and 16 showdowns.

Source:
    http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/arc_A...&IssueID=28217

Some sources say that
    (1) The Government of Bahrain is giving every man on the team a Mercedes and $1 Million if they beat T&T.

(2) The Government of Bahrain is paying the Jamaicans $1 Million to play practice matches with their team, as "Training" for the match with T&T in November...

Also in the news...

Accusations have been made against TNT football team captain David Nakhid that the Bahrain Football Association (BFA) provided compensation to spy on his homeland for next month's crucial 2006 World Cup qualifiers.

Source:
    http://www.Jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...s/sports8.html
    Last edited by Canalero; 10-25-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by Canalero
    Let the show begin:

2006 World Cup Qualifying Playoffs:

Eliminated from the world cup, Jamaican football authorities have decided to host a camp and play a friendly against Bahrain. There are also reports of Jamaica having postponed all their domestic league matches to host their guests and help them prepare for the November 12 and 16 showdowns.

Source:

Some sources say that
    (1) The Government of Bahrain is giving every man on the team a Mercedes and $1 Million if they beat T&T.

(2) The Government of Bahrain is paying the Jamaicans $1 Million to play practice matches with their team, as "Training" for the match with T&T in November...

Also in the news...

Accusations have been made against TNT football team captain David Nakhid that the Bahrain Football Association (BFA) provided compensation to spy on his homeland for next month's crucial 2006 World Cup qualifiers.

Source:
    http://www.Jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...s/sports8.html
    Why do you keep recycling this stuff that's already embedded in other threads regarding the same matter?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star General
    Why do you keep recycling this stuff that's already embedded in other threads regarding the same matter?
    to consolidate information, instead of reading everywhere

conintinue..

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/arc_A...&IssueID=28218
    Bahrain goalkeeper confident of victory

Hassan praised the team's preparations and planning ahead of the crucial playoffs, particularly the scheduling of two friendly matches against Panama in Bahrain and Jamaica in Jamaica.

:But our team still have their best to give off. I am confident that our team have a very good chance of passing this stage to qualify for Germany," added Hassan who loves travelling with his five and seven-year-old son during off season.

"The Bahrain team is blending well and showing great harmony on and off the field. This aspect is very vital ahead of a crucial match."

The other factor in favour of Bahrain, according to Hassan, is that Trinidad have conceded 24 goals in the group stage while Bahrain let more than one goal in a match only twice in 15 qualifying contests so far.

"With all respect to our opponents, I can say that we are stronger defensively and we hope to take advantage of this aspect," said Hassan.
    Bahrain doing alot to prepare which they are supposed to..

What is TNT doing to prepare for the match
    Last edited by Canalero; 10-25-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Credits
    BAHRAIN IS HAVING ISSUES IN GETTING THIER BEST PLAYERS RELEASED FROM Kuwait and Qatar Clubs to play in the TNT Match

Bahrain's World Cup training hit

THE raging country-versus-club controversy seemed to be heading towards the Bahrain shores late last night as clubs in Kuwait and Qatar were refusing to release top 11 Bahraini professionals for training ahead of the Kingdom's playoff matches against Trinidad and Tobago on November 12 and 16.

The top 11 Bahrain's first team players were expected to join training last night at the Bahrain Football Association ground in Riffa, but coach Luka Peruzovic was forced to make do with the rest of the team while his key men cooled their heels in either Kuwait or Qatar.

Last night's training session was held behind closed doors after all the media representatives and photographers were forced out of the BFA stadium.

Bahrain started their preparations on Wednesday for the first-leg match to be held in Port-of-Spain on November 12. The second-leg match is scheduled to be held at the National Stadium four days later.

The winner of this two-leg match will be clinching their first-ever berth in the 2006 World Cup to be held in Germany.

Bahrain already face a very tricky situation with 11 of their players, including captain Moham-med Salmeen and midfielder Mohammed Hubail and striker Hussain Ali, having already received a yellow card each apart from a few niggling injuries.

Absence

"The situation is indeed worrying and the absence of the 11 professionals is adding to our problems," admitted a Bahrain coaching staff member without wanting to be named.

The national team will embark on a 16-hour flight to Jamaica via London on October 30. Team officials are planning a friendly clash with the Jamaican national team in Jamaica before reaching Port-of-Spain by October 7 or 8.

Credits
    I am researching to find out wat TNT is doing to prepare for the match and FIND THIS?!?!!

This is unbelievable

From TNT's Football Federation own website

http://www.tnt.fifa.com/cda/cda_cont...Detail,00.html

Since the story broke, David Nakhid, former assistant coach of Trinidad and Tobago's football team, has been appointed as scout advisor of Bahrain's national World Cup team

The President of the General Organisation for Youth and Sports (Goys), Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa, told Bahrain Tribune that he has made a lucrative offer to Nakhid which he could not refuse. Shaikh Fawaz also made it clear to the Bahrain Football Association (BFA) that they have an open budget for their final campaign to World Cup 2006 and that they must do everything in their power to overcome Trinidad & Tobago at all cost.

AND MORE....

“For 30 pieces of silver, T&T has been sold out ! ! ! .This makes what Jamaica has done look guiltless,” Warner told TTFF Media. He promised that in spite of all these unfortunate occurrences, that all will be in place to ensure that the T&T team is fully in tune for the matches on November 12 and 16 against the Asian opponent.
    Interesting....

Meanwhile Bahrain is playing a match against Panama in Bahrain on Thursday for a match which Bahrain has paid all Panama's expenses including a match fee of some $500,000 USD, it has been reported.
    Last edited by Canalero; 10-25-2005 at 12:13 PM.

Credits
    Hmm I guess this is the price we pay when entering the big leagues.

Shame on Jamaica and more importantly shame on David Nahkid.

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidarkie
    Hmm I guess this is the price we pay when entering the big leagues.

Shame on Jamaica and more importantly shame on David Nahkid.
    Why shame on them? This have nothing to do with our preparedness.

Credits
    Cyant blame him.
    1. He is a former coach. KEY WORD! FORMER

2. HE WAS AFFORD $$$$$$$ HE COULDN'T REFUSE.

WHAT IS TNT DOING TO PREPARE FOR THE MATCH?

In doing a bit of research I do not see any friendlies scheduled by the Soca Warriors...

Could part of it due to the lack of funds.

It would be great for TNT to play a team of similiar style...

Not looking good. The smallest things make the biggest difference!
    Last edited by Canalero; 10-25-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Mad Scorpion
    WHAT IS TNT DOING TO PREPARE FOR THE MATCH?

In doing a bit of research I do not see any friendlies scheduled by the Soca Warriors...

Could part of it due to the lack of funds.

It would be great for TNT to play a team of similiar style...

Not looking good. The smallest things make the biggest difference!
    i was actually thinking the same thing in terms of friendlies. They would be smart to play at least once against a team from that region that consitently beats Bahrain and against one of similar style as Bahrain as well. That will allow them to understand what style gives Bahrain the most trouble and potentially help them shore up certain areas of the team.

Credits
    exactly

But TNT @ a disadvantage due to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Frienlies cost Money

And isn't it clear that Bahrains antics are distractions and tactics to decrease TNT concentration

They are applying the Willie Lynch philosophy effectively...

Credits
    exactly

But TNT @ a disadvantage due to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Frienlies cost Money

And isn't it clear that Bahrains antics are distractions and tactics to decrease TNT concentration

They are applying the Willie Lynch philosophy effectively...
    Also FIFA only allows players to be released 5 days before the match so though Bahrain may be able to bargain with clubs in Qatar etc, it is a bit more difficult for Trini when players are in England etc.

But i do agree that money is our biggest disadvantage

Credits
    It may not have much to do with our preparednessn but last time I checked we were not playing ourselves. I would think that hosting Bahrain for such a long period of time would increase their preparedness. I understand Jamaica's need for the money but I am sure Guatemala needed the money too but turned it down due to good sportsmanship and Concacaf unity.

As for David nahkid, there is no understanding coming from me because as far as I am concerned that amounts to treason. He was employed by the TTFA less than a week ago. And the underhanded way he is going about trying to get info and tapes etc is just low and dirty. I hope he is happy in Bahrain and that the money keeps him warm and fussy at night.

Credits
    It may not have much to do with our preparednessn but last time I checked we were not playing ourselves. I would think that hosting Bahrain for such a long period of time would increase their preparedness. I understand Jamaica's need for the money but I am sure Guatemala needed the money too but turned it down due to good sportsmanship and Concacaf unity.
    As for David nahkid, there is no understanding coming from me because as far as I am concerned that amounts to treason. He was employed by the TTFA less than a week ago. And the underhanded way he is going about trying to get info and tapes etc is just low and dirty. I hope he is happy in Bahrain and that the money keeps him warm and fussy at night.

well

Panama playing a friendly with bahrain this thursday for $500,000 all expenses paid

source:

Meanwhile Bahrain is playing a match against Panama in Bahrain on Thursday for a match which Bahrain has paid all Panama's expenses including a match fee of some $500,000 USD, it has been reported.

Credits
    well

Panama playing a friendly with bahrain this thursday for $500,000 all expenses paid

source:

That is completely different.....A friendly in Bahrain as opposed to a team being housed in a Caribbean country with similar playing conditions the JA association stopping all league matches to facilitate this visiting team cannot be compared.

Even Jack Warner had no problem with JA playing Bahrain in a friendly.

Mad Scorpion

He shouldn't be blamed. TTFF has a right to have contracts with its employees that have competition clauses in them. Such clauses usually cover former employers from having their secrets or practices used against them by a competing business. If TnT doesn't have such restriction clauses in contracts with it's employees then TTFF only has itself to blame. Treason is a bit ridiculous a comparison. Yes we want to go to the WC but what he's doing doesn't jeapordize our chances unless we allow it to. He can't get the tapes unless TTFF give it up so that is just plain irrelivant. I am not saying that put in his position I would do the same but for god's sake, why does he need to justify his actions to anyone, or have his loyalty questioned for going to the competition when his employer fired him? Why weren't they loyal enough to a past worrior to keep him and deal with their issues internaly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast