Thread: What is Larry Hughes problem this year?

Credits

What is Larry Hughes problem this year?

Why is he performing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far below his expectations from last year? He's a turnover machine ( except for last game ) and his PPG has faltered dramatically.

Credits
    Here's a hint: last year: 18 FGA/game...this year: 14 FGA/game

I think you should rename this post:

What was my problem for thinking that Larry Hughes would post the same numbers alongside LeBron/Ilgauskus/Marshall/Gooden/Jones that he would with Arenas/Jamison/bunch-of-nobodys?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist

What was my problem for thinking that Larry Hughes would post the same numbers alongside LeBron/Ilgauskus/Marshall/Gooden/Jones that he would with Arenas/Jamison/bunch-of-nobodys?
    Arenas and Jamison aren't nobodies...

I thought LeBron would team up with him and use him as the number 1 option to pass to. Silly me. He's on the Yahoo can't cut list....VERY FRUSTATING.

But...I got someone who says he'll trade Harrington for him...and when I get Harrington I'll drop him and pick up Deng....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva
    Arenas and Jamison aren't nobodies...
    grrrrr....Arenas PLUS Jamison PLUS a bunch of nobodies. As in those were the only two guys who demanded touches on that team.

I thought LeBron would team up with him and use him as the number 1 option to pass to. Silly me. He's on the Yahoo can't cut list....VERY FRUSTATING.
    ouch...dat does hurt. In points-based leagues I see he's worth about 94 points/game....what's so bad with that?

But...I got someone who says he'll trade Harrington for him...and when I get Harrington I'll drop him and pick up Deng....
    Harrington? Al Harrington from Atlanta? For Hughes? For Deng???? What in the name of Jordan goin on in your league?!?

Is your league points based, or rotisserie?

Credits

homie.....

you forgot to mention that it was a contract year

Credits
    grrrrr....Arenas PLUS Jamison PLUS a bunch of nobodies. As in those were the only two guys who demanded touches on that team.

ouch...dat does hurt. In points-based leagues I see he's worth about 94 points/game....what's so bad with that?

Harrington? Al Harrington from Atlanta? For Hughes? For Deng???? What in the name of Jordan goin on in your league?!?

Is your league points based, or rotisserie?
    It's a head to head league...
    these are the categories

FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Hughes has been killing me recently...with FG% and turnovers...

Credits
    Hughes was the secondary and often primary weapon in the Wizards anemic offense and was a perfect complement to Gil Arenas. This is emblematic of good players being in a perfect situation, but develop wanderlust while gazing at apparently greener pasture.

Now he's there to supplement LeBron et al and struggling. The guy's just not suited to be a 1...point blank.

Credits
    It's a head to head league...
    these are the categories

FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Hughes has been killing me recently...with FG% and turnovers...
    ahhhhh....got ya. percentages does kill.

don't feel bad, i made the mistake of thinking Bobby Simmons was gonna go wild in Milwaukee....and actually he did....for the first 2 weeks. And Magloire, ah wish ah could tump he non-scoring arse.

Bakes, I wouldn't call it wanderlust. Cleveland alongside LeBron and the other upgraded talent IS greener pastures compared to Washington. DC ain goin' nowheh wit or witout Larry (yes ah know ur a Knick fan still lol)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    Hughes was the secondary and often primary weapon in the Wizards anemic offense and was a perfect complement to Gil Arenas. This is emblematic of good players being in a perfect situation, but develop wanderlust while gazing at apparently greener pasture.

Now he's there to supplement LeBron et al and struggling. The guy's just not suited to be a 1...point blank.
    I've seen many games where he seems lost...even defensively, where he should specialize. On offense he looks sometimes like he's trying too much and that leads to his turnover-machine status in my league...

Credits
    I've seen many games where he seems lost...even defensively, where he should specialize. On offense he looks sometimes like he's trying too much and that leads to his turnover-machine status in my league...
    Washington's 9-11, Cleveland's 12-9. Dais de only stat dat really matters muh friend.

Taking a guy who's switching teams is always a risk. I'm sure any Q-Richardson holders ain't too happy either. It's a new team, new players, new city, everything. Give the guy a break nah.

btw the Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10 games, Kobe's looking A-OK, and the team is starting to run the triangle better