Thread: TnT Wins

Credits

TnT Wins

Surprised no one mentioned it but TnT pulls out a real big win late in de match in World Cup Qualifying.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=173302&cc=5901

Trinidad and Tobago 3-2 Guatemala
    Associated Press

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad -- Stern John scored twice in the final minutes to lead Trinidad and Tobago over Guatemala 3-2 S aturday in a World Cup qualifying match.

With T&T trailing 2-1, John scored off a feed from Russell Latapy in the 85th minute, then got another goal in the 87th minute off a pass from Dwight Yorke.

Guatemala stunned the near capacity crowd in the third minute, when Guillermo Ramirez's powerful free kick was deflected by the leg of defender Marvin Andrews, beating goalkeeper Kelvin Jack.

Latapy tied the score three minutes into the second half, beating Guatemala goalkeeper Miguel Klee with a low shot to the far corner. It was Latapy's first goal for Trinidad and Tobago after a four-year retirement from international competition.

Gonzalo Romero put Guatemala ahead in the 60th minute.

Guatemala and Trinidad and Tobago are each 2-4-1 in the final round of the North and Central American and Caribbean region, far behind Mexico and the United States. Costa Rica (2-3-1) also has seven points going into Saturday night's game at Panama.

The top three nations qualify for next year's World Cup, and the No. 4 team meets Bahrain or Uzbekistan in a playoff for another berth.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BajanFyah83
    Surprised no one mentioned it but TnT pulls out a real big win late in de match in World Cup Qualifying.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=173302&cc=5901

Trinidad and Tobago 3-2 Guatemala
    Associated Press

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad -- Stern John scored twice in the final minutes to lead Trinidad and Tobago over Guatemala 3-2 S aturday in a World Cup qualifying match.

With T&T trailing 2-1, John scored off a feed from Russell Latapy in the 85th minute, then got another goal in the 87th minute off a pass from Dwight Yorke.

Guatemala stunned the near capacity crowd in the third minute, when Guillermo Ramirez's powerful free kick was deflected by the leg of defender Marvin Andrews, beating goalkeeper Kelvin Jack.

Latapy tied the score three minutes into the second half, beating Guatemala goalkeeper Miguel Klee with a low shot to the far corner. It was Latapy's first goal for Trinidad and Tobago after a four-year retirement from international competition.

Gonzalo Romero put Guatemala ahead in the 60th minute.

Guatemala and Trinidad and Tobago are each 2-4-1 in the final round of the North and Central American and Caribbean region, far behind Mexico and the United States. Costa Rica (2-3-1) also has seven points going into Saturday night's game at Panama.

The top three nations qualify for next year's World Cup, and the No. 4 team meets Bahrain or Uzbekistan in a playoff for another berth.

Lawd....dat shit is sooooo facking hot. Is bout time dem boys and dem do something man. I gotta give Guatemala dey props too doh, dem boys and dem come out ah nowhere dis time arung.

Big up TnT...Stern, Latas (whey Wadadlian Defoe now ) and Yorke...

Credits
    Congratulations guys. I didn't watch this, but I could only imagine what the atmosphere was like for this match. Get that 4th spot and anything is possible. I think top is a bit out of reach, but no one can convince me Uzbekistan or Bahrain can't be beaten in a two-leg playoff. Who does TT play next?

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger
    Congratulations guys. I didn't watch this, but I could only imagine what the atmosphere was like for this match. Get that 4th spot and anything is possible. I think top is a bit out of reach, but no one can convince me Uzbekistan or Bahrain can't be beaten in a two-leg playoff. Who does TT play next?

Costa Rica on Wednesday.

Credits

Cool

If we beat Costa Rica 2morrow den we go rhelly be in a nice position fuh qualifying