Thread: New Englanders....new pitcher for '06 rotation might be:

Credits

New Englanders....new pitcher for '06 rotation might be:

Red Sox contact Clemens' agents
    story: ESPN.com news services

Can you go home again to your first major-league employer? The Boston Red Sox will certainly leave a plate at the table if Roger Clemens decides he wants to finish his career where it began.

The Red Sox, where Clemens pitched his first 13 seasons, have contacted the future Hall of Famer's agents, the Hendricks brothers, to express their interest in having Clemens pitch for the team in 2006, The Boston Globe reported.

When told of Boston's interest, Clemens, who was not offered arbitration by the Houston Astros, was said to have reacted positively, according to the paper.

"We had an internal discussion," Sox CEO and president Larry Lucchino told the paper, "and concluded we should make an initial call to let the Hendricks brothers know we were open to discuss Roger's return if he should have interest in the Red Sox in 2006.

"Nothing further."

Clemens, if he chooses, can re-sign with Houston after May 1. He came out of retirement two years ago and helped his hometown Astros reach their first World Series.

Clemens also has pitched for the Blue Jays and the Yankees. Last week a Yankees official told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney that the club will definitely take a look at Clemens.

"It's a natural conversation," the official told Olney.

[begin outcry]
    |
    |
    |
    V

Credits
    not funny!

Credits
    Not gonna happen, Clemens is a media whore, he just wants attention, he'll stay in Houston to be with his family. He'll draw this whole,"will I retire, will I stay, will I go to NY, will I go to Boston" crap up till right before spring training, then stay with his family.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva
    Not gonna happen, Clemens is a media whore, he just wants attention, he'll stay in Houston to be with his family. He'll draw this whole,"will I retire, will I stay, will I go to NY, will I go to Boston" crap up till right before spring training, then stay with his family.
    I hope you're right.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva
    Not gonna happen, Clemens is a media whore, he just wants attention....
    ^
    |
    |
    [pause outcry]

but clemens ain't contact boston.....they contacted him

[continue outcry]
    |
    |
    V