Thread: Joe Torre may stay with Yankees

Credits

Joe Torre may stay with Yankees

Developing Story: Joe Torre may stay with YankeesEyewitness News has new info
    (Bronx - WABC, October 12, 2007) - Eyewitness News has new developments to report about the future of Yankees manager Joe Torre. George Steinbrenner said he'd likely fire Torre if the team lost in the playoffs.

It appears that the tide is beginning to turn for Yankees manager Joe Torre. Eyewitness News has learned from organizational sources that Torre will probably be asked back to manage the Yankees again.
    Our Scott Clark has more on what he's learned.

Joe Torre has led the yankees to the play-offs in each of his twelve seasons as the Yankees manager. That tenure includes six trips to the World Series, and four world championships. But the Yankees haven't won it all in seven years, and they've been first round losers the past three years.

Yankees owner George Steinbrenner had issued an ultimatum last week when the Yankees were down 0-2 in their best of three division series with the indians. And we quote:

"His job is on the line. I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series."

But that was six days ago, and even though the Yankees lost the series to the Indians, three games to two, the latest word out of the Yankees camp is that Torre is now gaining favor for a return.

Torre's players have been rallying around their manager all week.

Remember, the boss did leave a little wiggle room when he made his ultimatum and that space is apparently being worked on.

(Copyright 2007 WABC-TV)

Credits
    i think he will stay with all dey player's wanting him back.