4 57.14%

Thread: Islandmix B-ball

Credits

Islandmix Fantasy B-ball

whoever is participatin how do u vote the league be run
    head to head
    rotisserie
    points only
    Last edited by DJ Ringo; 10-19-2005 at 07:43 PM.

Credits
    I had to look up the descriptions so I know tha difference, I assume others same way.

Head-to-Head
    In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

Points Based

In a fantasy point league (available only to Custom Leagues), points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.

So, if in your league, an assist is worth two points, a steal one and a blocked shot one, a player with two assists, three steals and 10 blocks would score 17 [(2*2) + (3*1) + (10*1)] fantasy points.

Rotisserie

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.

So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most assists will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in assists, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist
    I had to look up the descriptions so I know tha difference, I assume others same way.

Head-to-Head
    In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

Points Based

In a fantasy point league (available only to Custom Leagues), points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.

So, if in your league, an assist is worth two points, a steal one and a blocked shot one, a player with two assists, three steals and 10 blocks would score 17 [(2*2) + (3*1) + (10*1)] fantasy points.

Rotisserie

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.

So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most assists will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in assists, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].
    thanx for puttin that info out for everybody now what is ur vote

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Ringo
    thanx for puttin that info out for everybody now what is ur vote
    i tryin tuh decide btw points and head-to-head...
    i know i not voting for rotisserie, dats definite, hated dat league.
    i lookin at head-to-head to see if it's worth tryin, i'll vote when i read it thru again.

Credits
    dis might be a moot point now.....right now it have 7 teams and u can't have head-to-head with an odd number of teams.

Credits
    go with the points system.