Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intentional Grounding

Credits
    I would say this...if Brady was wrapped up when the ball was released then it should be intentional grounding. Otherwise since he wasn't touched at the time of release, it should have been a no call.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle View Post
    So conveniently over look "referees judgement call". But is ok..our minds pick out what we want to pick out. Just like I said...which still stands...any other game that would have just been an overthrow. You have a head referee who it was his first super bowl ever. But I digress. Just as I am saying, the rule should be and most likely will be rewritten to not be subjective.
    Not at all. That's actually the crux of my response. In essense, what Brady said, and what I'm saying, is that the refs' judgment in this case was correct. Yes it's a judgment call. I just think they got it right. Apparently so does Brady.

And I haven't gotten the impression that this is anywhere near a red-button topic around the league to the point that anyone is clamouring to revisit the rule. I mean, think of the uproar after the Patriot playoff game that eventually led to the "Tuck Rule". Haven't seen anything near that. You've seen it somewhere?
    Last edited by Mystic Xtremist; 02-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist View Post
    Not at all. That's actually the crux of my response. In essense, what Brady said, and what I'm saying, is that the refs' judgment in this case was correct. Yes it's a judgment call. I just think they got it right. Apparently so does Brady.

And I haven't gotten the impression that this is anywhere near a red-button topic around the league to the point that anyone is clamouring to revisit the rule. I mean, think of the uproar after the Patriot playoff game that eventually led to the "Tuck Rule". Haven't seen anything near that. You've seen it somewhere?
    Nope I haven't. I never liked the rule because it doesn't make sense and is never applied consistently (as in this case..while it may be correct by the letter of the rule we have all seen the same thing countless times and it is simply a throwaway pass). And I (remember I am a Raiders fan) was disgusted by the "tuck rule" which is why I dislike most of the subjective calls in the game in the first place. Refs have no clue what the play is or what the QB is thinking so that is why objective evidence is needed.

I think Brady was smart to phrase it the way he did. I mean why blackball yourself by screaming it was a bad call. And he handled it in the right way...just leave the field and keep going. No need to blackball yourself during the game either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12