Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMFF Week 5

Mad Scorpion

IMFF Week 5

With the halfway mark of the season quickly approaching, this appears to be a pivotal week that boasts some key matchups.

SSG v. WCK

In this matchup we have 2 teams that have struggled mightily to this point of the season. Noteworthy is the fact that slightly over a week before this matchup these 2 teams swapped players in a controversial move that many managers viewed as one sided. Will the players traded play a key role in the outcome of this matchup? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

DDH v. TYS

Division 1 leader DDH takes on a division rival that has promised to be the team to beat within the Division and throughout the league. So far though, the Yardies have appeared to be all bark and no bite while Darkhorse has managed to post a very respectable 3-1 record through it's first 4 games of the season. This game would be otherwise unimportant except for the facts that its an inter-division match that can have playoff implications later on the season.

BKF v. BBS

In another inter-division matchup, division 4 rivals BKF and BBS square off for the first time this season. These 2 teams appear to headed in different directions, but that could all change if BKF can get healthy enough to compete and win this matchup. If BBS manages to hold of BKF then the Bears would have put some necessary distance between them which may go a long way towards a playoff spot.

WBD v. NYH

This matchup could turn out to exactly what the Dr. ordered for the winner. The Hitmen are looking to put together a win streak and start a run that could culminate in a playoff birth and possibly a division title. The Bulldogs need to avoid a 2 game loosing streak which could spell disaster in a division that features two 3-1 teams including last years runner up as well as 1 of only 2 unbeaten teams remaining in the league.

QLS v. FNL

As 1 on only 2 winless teams in the league, the Limers are still in search of that elusive first win of the season. It will not be a small feat as the Limers will have to defeat one of the scariest offensive teams in the league this year in Fourth N long to reach that modest milestone. Fourth-N-Long meanwhile can ill-afford another loss this week in a division that may go down to the wire.

ILO v. ELC

The second winless team in the league I-Long this week faces one of the top teams in the league in Eek Le Chat. ELC seeks to keep pace with both the Punishers and Syndromes and cannot afford to miss a beat in such a hotly contested division. With more than half the season left it isn't make or break but every win counts so look for ELC to come out firing in this matchup

PPS v. DRS
    In a rematch of last years finals we have the 3-1 Punishers up against last year's champ D Revllers. A win here for Punishers would bring some measure of redemption as well as keep them in the running for the top spot in their division and the league. D Revllers in the meantime is anxious to prove that last years championship run was no fluke. Look for this highly anticipated matchup to go down to the wire.

Game of the Week
    4DS v. DBF

As the only 2 unbeaten teams left in the league face off against each other this week we can guarantee that 1 will go home 4-1. In a matchup of this years titans and a possible playoff preview, the Syndromes will look to prove that last years dismal showing was not indicative of a trend. With a very balanced attack 4DS has the confidence that it can defeat any team in the league. DBF as always is a perennial championship contender and will be seeking to prove that this is his year. Who will emerge victorious from this matchup remains to be seen.

Watching from the sidelines
    Head Bangaz, Bruklyn Husslerz, D Monkeys and Movant Bigblue

Credits
    The Yardies will get back to our winning ways and leave the Bottom Feeding to rest of our Divison

Credits
    ILO v. ELC

The second winless team in the league I-Long this week faces one of the top teams in the league in Eek Le Chat. ELC seeks to keep pace with both the Punishers and Syndromes and cannot afford to miss a beat in such a hotly contested division. With more than half the season left it isn't make or break but every win counts so look for ELC to come out firing in this matchup
    Bahhh humbug
    MY SQUADS:

NBA -LAKERS
    EPL/CL - MAN U
    NCAA BB - UCONN
    NCAA FB - FLORIDA ST
    NFL - RAMS
    MLB - BRAVES
    NHL - PENS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Bahhh humbug
    you pulling off the upset this week

Credits
    I ent frighten...my division have tuh come good to get de jump on me. Barring some bonehead management and injuries of course.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn E. Glass View Post
    With the halfway mark of the season quickly approaching, this appears to be a pivotal week that boasts some key matchups.

SSG v. WCK

In this matchup we have 2 teams that have struggled mightily to this point of the season. Noteworthy is the fact that slightly over a week before this matchup these 2 teams swapped players in a controversial move that many managers viewed as one sided. Will the players traded play a key role in the outcome of this matchup? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

DDH v. TYS

Division 1 leader DDH takes on a division rival that has promised to be the team to beat within the Division and throughout the league. So far though, the Yardies have appeared to be all bark and no bite while Darkhorse has managed to post a very respectable 3-1 record through it's first 4 games of the season. This game would be otherwise unimportant except for the facts that its an inter-division match that can have playoff implications later on the season.

BKF v. BBS

In another inter-division matchup, division 4 rivals BKF and BBS square off for the first time this season. These 2 teams appear to headed in different directions, but that could all change if BKF can get healthy enough to compete and win this matchup. If BBS manages to hold of BKF then the Bears would have put some necessary distance between them which may go a long way towards a playoff spot.

WBD v. NYH

This matchup could turn out to exactly what the Dr. ordered for the winner. The Hitmen are looking to put together a win streak and start a run that could culminate in a playoff birth and possibly a division title. The Bulldogs need to avoid a 2 game loosing streak which could spell disaster in a division that features two 3-1 teams including last years runner up as well as 1 of only 2 unbeaten teams remaining in the league.

QLS v. FNL

As 1 on only 2 winless teams in the league, the Limers are still in search of that elusive first win of the season. It will not be a small feat as the Limers will have to defeat one of the scariest offensive teams in the league this year in Fourth N long to reach that modest milestone. Fourth-N-Long meanwhile can ill-afford another loss this week in a division that may go down to the wire.

ILO v. ELC

PPS v. DRS
    In a rematch of last years finals we have the 3-1 Punishers up against last year's champ D Revllers. A win here for Punishers would bring some measure of redemption as well as keep them in the running for the top spot in their division and the league. D Revllers in the meantime is anxious to prove that last years championship run was no fluke. Look for this highly anticipated matchup to go down to the wire.

Game of the Week
    4DS v. DBF

As the only 2 unbeaten teams left in the league face off against each other this week we can guarantee that 1 will go home 4-1. In a matchup of this years titans and a possible playoff preview, the Syndromes will look to prove that last years dismal showing was not indicative of a trend. With a very balanced attack 4DS has the confidence that it can defeat any team in the league. DBF as always is a perennial championship contender and will be seeking to prove that this is his year. Who will emerge victorious from this matchup remains to be seen.

Good stuff. I'd like to do the review before we get a preview but my fault, I'm late this week. I am going to have my after work delight righ tnow and then write the review for week 4.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn E. Glass View Post

SSG v. WCK

DDH v. TYS

BKF v. BBS

WBD v. NYH

QLS v. FNL

ILO v. ELC

PPS v. DRS

Game of the Week
    4DS v. DBF

first of all, great preview...again, making me interested in this league...

on another note...i'm not losing this year...i'm the pats

~Q~
    Credits
    back to the drawing board

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    I ent frighten...my division have tuh come good to get de jump on me. Barring some bonehead management and injuries of course.
    Like i have sprinklings of both.

Credits
    well it was an interesting season while it lasted

Totee lickin shotz Bajan_bedroom_bully's Avatar Bajan_bedroom_bully is offline
    Credits
    this new spiking the football rule is bs

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan_bedroom_bully View Post
    this new spiking the football rule is bs
    One of the worst rules.

You had me sitting here for bout 30mins thinking about that trade...I going take it....but I'm thinking long and hard on which of the 2 I rather give up.

Credits
    That spiking the football thing is nonsense...pretty much cost the Giants a game vs. Greenbay. Keep first down by Shockey, he got up to a knee and threw the ball down...there was an offsides on the 'D'...offsetting, replay the down.

Credits
    And it's not even limited to spiking, I believe any action where the ref has to chase the ball down is going to called a Delay of Game....because the "Spike" is up to the refs discretion. In that same game that Bakes mentioned, I believe Favre also spiked the ball after a sack and wasn't called on it.
    Last Week, Chambers caught a pass, got up, spun the ball with forward motion (probably went about 6-7 yards up field), and he was called on the delay of game.

Credits
    awards fuh wk 4 have been handed out
    from this point forward they will be given out on tuesdays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast