Thread: The Denver Nuggets.......

Credits

The Denver Nuggets.......

.........What a complete waste of a team. I can understand losing to S.A. I can't recall seeing such a talented team doing so poorly. Most of this 2nd half they were down by 20 pts. on their home court to young inexperienced Portland who didn't even have Aldridge in the lineup.

They have as well rounded a starting 5 as any team in the league. Only Nene is out. These guys are just not jelling. Anthony is no franchise cornerstone.

T-MAKAA
    I know what you are saying, but do take note that Portland is hot right now. They won 7 straight games. I have watched them play and can see how good they will be with Oden next year.

At the same time, the problem I see recently is that when Iverson has scored the bulk of points they lose or barely win. No blame on him, but that is not going to work. I guess Carmelo needs to pick it up but it worked better as him being the scorer as AI got everyone in the game. Its a shame cause of Kenyan has been showing positive signs this season. Kleiza is a great role/bench player. Camby is still Camby.

I think they will get it together.

Credits
    Funny how we didn't see this thread when Portland beat GS and B-Diddy (dermonger's best PG in the entire free world)

In the past week, Portland has also beaten Utah twice and Golden State -- also without Aldridge.

Maybe it's time to start giving "young inexperienced Portland" a little more credit.

Scratch that -- a lot more credit.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I know what you are saying, but do take note that Portland is hot right now. They won 7 straight games. I have watched them play and can see how good they will be with Oden next year.

At the same time, the problem I see recently is that when Iverson has scored the bulk of points they lose or barely win. No blame on him, but that is not going to work. I guess Carmelo needs to pick it up but it worked better as him being the scorer as AI got everyone in the game. Its a shame cause of Kenyan has been showing positive signs this season. Kleiza is a great role/bench player. Camby is still Camby.

I think they will get it together.
    Man I watched the game last night, most of the 2nd half they were down by 20 points at home, inexcusable for a team this talented to be being blown out at home by Por, I doh care how hot Portland is, you're missing Aldridge you ehn supposed to be whupping Denver by 20 odd points. The final score made it a lot closer than it really looked. Maybe it's chemistry or something.

They can't blame it on lack of size, Camby's the best rebounder/shotblocker in the L. They can't say they don't have a bench. And they can't say they don't have people who can't score. Even if Nene is healthy I'll still see this problem. Perhaps Karl's not getting enough outta them. And I don't like Carmelo, maybe it's playing with AI, but he looks lost out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist View Post
    Funny how we didn't see this thread when Portland beat GS and B-Diddy (dermonger's best PG in the entire free world)

In the past week, Portland has also beaten Utah twice and Golden State -- also without Aldridge.

Maybe it's time to start giving "young inexperienced Portland" a little more credit.

Scratch that -- a lot more credit.

Maaaan, imo Denver is much better overall than G.State talent wise at virtually every position. I give Nate credit, even from his Seattle days, his teams seemed to do better than expected. He has Portland ready to play.

Wonder what Denver would become if he coached them? I don't think Karl's getting enough outta these guys given the talent they have.

Credits
    Well then what about Utah, losing to them not once, but twice, in the span of a week?

on the subject of Portland, consider:

Young Blazers winning without Oden - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Very few people gave the Portland Trail Blazers a chance to reach the playoffs in Greg Oden's rookie year. Literally no one considered them a postseason team without Oden....

But seven weeks into the season, the young Trail Blazers have played with an unexpected exuberance that has them in early playoff contention courtesy of a .500 record....
    (read on)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist View Post
    Well then what about Utah, losing to them not once, but twice, in the span of a week?

on the subject of Portland, consider:

Young Blazers winning without Oden - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

(read on)
    I give the Blazers credit. But there's a difference in the loses you mentioned, at least the games were competitive Portland pulled away in the 4th qtr twice vs. Utah. I never got to watch any of those games due to being in hockeytown, but I watched Por/Den and it was a rout.

Any team can lose to anyone on any given night, but you're getting routed on yuh home court in the 3rd quarter by 20 plus pts. with that calibre of talent on your team? Por is not that great that they should be blowing out Denver in the 3rd quarter by 20+.

I watched Melo casually going through the motions, even the commentators were question why he's shooting fadeaways when he had a clear size advantage on anyone guarding him. This team has so much talent, but I don't see them having a identity. Even with Camby/Martin/Melo frontcourt they got killed on the glass.

Denver's a real frustrating enigma to watch I tell yuh.

Credits
    Nah, I hear what you're saying about Denver tho.....they have been less than impressive, particularly their defense, overall...but they've shown flashes at times, parts of games, etc.....just, don't make too too much of the one game vs. Portland. Every team has a poor game now and then.

Credits
    Bump.

Well well, what do we have here. The Nuggets blow a 23 point 2nd half lead to.............Milwaukee of all teams, and lose the game.

I know the West is tough and I can`t really can`t see these guys getting any higher than an 8th seed. It`s gonna go down to them and G.State for the final spot. But I can`t figure out how a team so talented has a game like this.

Heck, there`s a strong possiblity that they`ll miss the playoffs, which would be a complete joke. When last if ever did a team have 2 NBA all-star starters healthy and not make the playoffs........

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DerMonger View Post
    .........What a complete waste of a team. I can understand losing to S.A. I can't recall seeing such a talented team doing so poorly. Most of this 2nd half they were down by 20 pts. on their home court to young inexperienced Portland who didn't even have Aldridge in the lineup.

They have as well rounded a starting 5 as any team in the league. Only Nene is out. These guys are just not jelling. Anthony is no franchise cornerstone.
    That's it in a nutshell
    They have all the talent in the world and no chemistry nor do they sustain any defensive intensity.
    Both AI and Carmello need the ball in their hands to be effective

They won't make the playoffs

Credits
    For them not to be jelling is ridiculous.. Its not like these guys all came in this year.. They have been together for a good bit now.... Face it, changes need to be made!!
    MY SQUADS:

NBA -LAKERS
    EPL/CL - MAN U
    NCAA BB - UCONN
    NCAA FB - FLORIDA ST
    NFL - RAMS
    MLB - BRAVES
    NHL - PENS

T-MAKAA
    Bump.

Well well, what do we have here. The Nuggets blow a 23 point 2nd half lead to.............Milwaukee of all teams, and lose the game.

I know the West is tough and I can`t really can`t see these guys getting any higher than an 8th seed. It`s gonna go down to them and G.State for the final spot. But I can`t figure out how a team so talented has a game like this.

Heck, there`s a strong possiblity that they`ll miss the playoffs, which would be a complete joke. When last if ever did a team have 2 NBA all-star starters healthy and not make the playoffs........
    I have this conversation like everyday..I really dont get it. They should be one of the top 3 teams in the NBA.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I have this conversation like everyday..I really dont get it. They should be one of the top 3 teams in the NBA.
    I think everyone including themselves don't either
    MY SQUADS:

NBA -LAKERS
    EPL/CL - MAN U
    NCAA BB - UCONN
    NCAA FB - FLORIDA ST
    NFL - RAMS
    MLB - BRAVES
    NHL - PENS

Credits
    Wow how times have changed......what a difference a year makes!
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

zen
    Credits
    Wow how times have changed......what a difference a year makes!
    They look like "real" western conference contenders!

Credits
    .Anthony is no franchise cornerstone.
    Ok I guess this statement is dead and buried,lol.
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson