Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: D' Official Soca Warriors 2010 Journey Thread

Gladiator
    Scotland, Glen power T&T past Dominican Republic.
    By: Flex Mohammed.

It has been years since T&T have ever beaten a team by nine (9) goals. At a matter of fact, I cant remember the last time T&T won by such margin. Ironically, T&T did however came close to such scoreline in 1996 when it recorded a 8-0 victory over the same country (Dominican Republic) in a World Cup qualifier at the Queens Park Oval. Stern John was the hero then with his hattrick before an Angus Eve double then Yorke, Rougier and Latapy added to T&T's tally.

Now some 12-years later the current T&T team took it a goal further when San Juan Jabloteh's Cornell Glen and Swansea's Jason Scotland both scoring hattricks respectively to power T&T past Dominican Republic 9-0 in a friendly showdown at the Hasley Crawford Wednesday afternoon. Scotland got his hattrick in the first half (29th, 32nd, 35th) while Glen who was a second half sub for talented United Petrotrin winger Keon Daniel picked up where Scotland left off and got his hattrick in the 51st, 69th and 73rd minutes. Before Glen's hattrick though, Dominican Republic's Federico Rodriguez also help the scoreline for T&T with an own goal.

Both strikers well definitely remember this game in particular as it would be their first hattrick in national colors. North East Stars Anthony Wolfe also got his name on the score sheet after a blistering 40-yard shot from Carlos Edwards which Dominican Republic substitute goalkeeper Santos could only parry and Wolfe was their to pick up the rebound in the 81st.

Dominican Republic's T&T based striker Jonathan Frias almost soured T&T's party in the 85th minute when defender Makan Hislop was poor in his clearance and the W Connection striker (Frias) was there to pick up the ball only for Clayton Ince to come up big with his save to deny the talented striker and keep a clean sheet in the process. But that didn't stop or should I say slow down the T&T side from attacking. The Warriors had one more bullet left in their chamber when Carlos Edwards who was growing in confidence and was causing all sorts of problems for Dominican Republic on the wing and in the 86th minute a perfect Edwards found Darryl Roberts and the Turkish based striker finished of the goal-scoring feast to make it 9-0.

The game would end as a great confidence booster for the Soca Warriors and between the T&T strike force they got 7 goals all together against Dominican Republic today and will surely need to continue such form if they are to make it into the next rounds. Up next for the Soca Warriors will be a sterner test no doubt when they face Guatemala at the Estadio Mateo Flores Stadium in Guatemala at 8pm. Then 4-days later they face the Mighty Americans in Port of Spain. Both World Cup qualifiers.

Mad Scorpion
    Dat is wha yuh call cutass!! Now if we can get that same kind of effort (doh expect de result to be similar) in dis group we go more dan make de hex

Gladiator

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Scotland, Glen power T&T past Dominican Republic.
    By: Flex Mohammed.

It has been years since T&T have ever beaten a team by nine (9) goals. At a matter of fact, I cant remember the last time T&T won by such margin. Ironically, T&T did however came close to such scoreline in 1996 when it recorded a 8-0 victory over the same country (Dominican Republic) in a World Cup qualifier at the Queens Park Oval. Stern John was the hero then with his hattrick before an Angus Eve double then Yorke, Rougier and Latapy added to T&T's tally.

Now some 12-years later the current T&T team took it a goal further when San Juan Jabloteh's Cornell Glen and Swansea's Jason Scotland both scoring hattricks respectively to power T&T past Dominican Republic 9-0 in a friendly showdown at the Hasley Crawford Wednesday afternoon. Scotland got his hattrick in the first half (29th, 32nd, 35th) while Glen who was a second half sub for talented United Petrotrin winger Keon Daniel picked up where Scotland left off and got his hattrick in the 51st, 69th and 73rd minutes. Before Glen's hattrick though, Dominican Republic's Federico Rodriguez also help the scoreline for T&T with an own goal.

Both strikers well definitely remember this game in particular as it would be their first hattrick in national colors. North East Stars Anthony Wolfe also got his name on the score sheet after a blistering 40-yard shot from Carlos Edwards which Dominican Republic substitute goalkeeper Santos could only parry and Wolfe was their to pick up the rebound in the 81st.

Dominican Republic's T&T based striker Jonathan Frias almost soured T&T's party in the 85th minute when defender Makan Hislop was poor in his clearance and the W Connection striker (Frias) was there to pick up the ball only for Clayton Ince to come up big with his save to deny the talented striker and keep a clean sheet in the process. But that didn't stop or should I say slow down the T&T side from attacking. The Warriors had one more bullet left in their chamber when Carlos Edwards who was growing in confidence and was causing all sorts of problems for Dominican Republic on the wing and in the 86th minute a perfect Edwards found Darryl Roberts and the Turkish based striker finished of the goal-scoring feast to make it 9-0.

The game would end as a great confidence booster for the Soca Warriors and between the T&T strike force they got 7 goals all together against Dominican Republic today and will surely need to continue such form if they are to make it into the next rounds. Up next for the Soca Warriors will be a sterner test no doubt when they face Guatemala at the Estadio Mateo Flores Stadium in Guatemala at 8pm. Then 4-days later they face the Mighty Americans in Port of Spain. Both World Cup qualifiers.
    now dais what i talking bout!!!
    i hope we play like this when it really matters in the qualifiers eh..
    germany is becoming ah distant memory...i ready to go to south africa in meh RED, BLACK, AND WHITE jed..oh the memories of germany...

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_socadiva View Post
    now dais what i talking bout!!!
    i hope we play like this when it really matters in the qualifiers eh..
    germany is becoming ah distant memory...i ready to go to south africa in meh RED, BLACK, AND WHITE jed..oh the memories of germany...
    More evidence dat yuh eh de real deal

True Trini's does say Red, White & Black lol.

So yuh was in Germany? Which games yuh went?

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime HD View Post
    More evidence dat yuh eh de real deal

True Trini's does say Red, White & Black lol.

So yuh was in Germany? Which games yuh went?

ah tired ah alluh!! eh
    alluh damm trini's
    yes i was in germany!!!
    im ah football player mehself and could not have missed meh team play in ah world cup..

btw..if we make in 2010 are u gonna come in ur red, white and black????

Mad Scorpion

ah tired ah alluh!! eh
    alluh damm trini's
    yes i was in germany!!!
    im ah football player mehself and could not have missed meh team play in ah world cup..

btw..if we make in 2010 are u gonna come in ur red, white and black????

Bess believe I will be there!!!

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime HD View Post
    Bess believe I will be there!!!
    me 2!!!
    we go have ah time, but i had ah reallll sweet time in germany u know..but we go see if we make it again PLENTY PRESSURE!!
    you see how all the other countries was feteing with weeeeeeeeeeeee dat was fun!! once in ah lifetime sweetnesss

Mad Scorpion
    me 2!!!
    we go have ah time, but i had ah reallll sweet time in germany u know..but we go see if we make it again PLENTY PRESSURE!!
    you see how all the other countries was feteing with weeeeeeeeeeeee dat was fun!! once in ah lifetime sweetnesss
    Dat was ah rell adventure!! I hopin we go pull it togedda again dis time arong!

Gladiator
    T&T VS DOMINICAN REP...HIGHLIGHTS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIb324wdqw]YouTube - T&T vs Dominican Republic[/ame]

Credits
    me 2!!!
    whey in Germany yuh stay?

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    whey in Germany yuh stay?
    i was lying down right next 2 u..ur doh remember???

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    T&T VS DOMINICAN REP...HIGHLIGHTS

YouTube - T&T vs Dominican Republic
    damm dat was 2 flickin easyyyy for we jed!! lets go tnt!! we want goalsssssssssssssss 2morow!!!

Gladiator
    Valuable point for T&T.
    By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago came away with a valuable point in a courageous 0-0 draw with Guatemala on Saturday night to keep their chances of securing a spot in the CONCACAF Final round very much alive.

Playing before a partisan home crowd at the Estadio Mateo Flores, skipper Dwight Yorke and his men, forced to play with ten men after defender Cyd Gray was given marching orders for a second bookable offense, held on with a gritty display which saw them almost snatching a late winner when Yorke free kick came back off the near left post.

Before the start of the match, upon arrival some 90 minutes before kick off, the venue was almost entirely filled by a vocal Guatemalan crowd which jeered Yorke and company as they walked out on the pitch to get an early feel of the expected intimidating atmosphere.

T&T had a bright first half, holding off the hosts for long periods and should have gone ahead had Carlos Edwards and Jason Scotland done better with their chances. Stern John, though being declared fit a day earlier, was not risked and was not included in the final 18. Anthony Wolfe, because of his defensive attributes was used ahead of Keon Daniel who did eventually come on in the second half. Scotland enjoyed a solid game overall while Edwards was a force throughout in the right defensive position.

Veteran midfielder Russell Latapy had to sacrificed at the break following Gray’s sending off, to allow Clyde Leon to enter in a more defensive role with Cornell Glen joining Scotland up front. Francisco Maturana said after the match that Latapy was willing to play further time but he had no choice but to introduce the defensive midfielder due to T&T then being a player short.

Chris Birchall was a workhorse throughout and had two decent tries at goal, one in the first half which was blocked and another in the second half which flew over bar. Goalkeeper Clayton Ince kept it even with some timely saves well supported by more tidy work by Keyeno Thomas, Dennis Lawrence and Avery John.

The players and technical staff, feeling the value of the point, embraced each other at half pitch. Russell Latapy jogged off with clenched fists in the air as the T&T team was cheered off the field by the section of the Guatemalan crowd above the players tunnel.

Next up, the "Soca Warriors will host USA on Wednesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Anthony Wolfe, on two yellow cards and Gray will miss that encounter. The T&T team, which was met by President George Maxwell Richards and TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner before the game at the team hotel will arrive back with those two and 150 fans on a charter flight at 10pm on Sunday.

Teams

T&T: - 1.Clayton Ince; 2.Cyd Gray, 6.Dennis Lawrence, 5.Keyeno Thomas, 3.Avery John, 11.Carlos Edwards, 7.Christopher Birchall, 10.Russell Latapy (15.Clyde Leon 46th), 17.Dwight Yorke (capt), 8.Anthony Wolfe (13.Cornell Glen 46th), 12.Jason Scotland (9.Keon Daniel 70th).

Gladiator

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast