Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 137

Thread: BEST YOUNG POINT GUARD: DERON WILLIAMS vs.CHRIS PAUL

  1. #1
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033

    BEST YOUNG POINT GUARD: DERON WILLIAMS vs.CHRIS PAUL

    The SEASON has just BEGAN so it is time to STAKE out our POSITION.

    DERON BAABEEEE.

    D. Williams (YESTERDAY)
    Points: 30
    Reb: 3
    Ast: 11
    Stl: 4
    Blk: 0

  2. #2
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    94,388
    How about you put up their season stats so far instead of 1 game?

    My son CP3 20.5 PPG 5.5 RPG 9.0 APG 2.5 SPG in 31 mins per game.

    Deron Williams 24.0 PPG 3.3 RPG 10.7 APG 1.7 SPG in 35 mins per game.

    Its too early still to tell but I would take Chris Paul over Deron Williams anyday because he is more efficient. Not as many turnovers coming from CP3.

  3. #3
    Registered User RotiKing2004eva is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Somewhere warm
    Posts
    13,140
    Credits
    593,656
    In the case of last night, Utah was playing Golden state, everyone has great stats vs. them. Post after 25 games into the season.

  4. #4
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    How about you put up their season stats so far instead of 1 game?

    My son CP3 20.5 PPG 5.5 RPG 9.0 APG 2.5 SPG in 31 mins per game.

    Deron Williams 24.0 PPG 3.3 RPG 10.7 APG 1.7 SPG in 35 mins per game.

    Its too early still to tell but I would take Chris Paul over Deron Williams anyday because he is more efficient. Not as many turnovers coming from CP3.
    DERON CHERRY took his TEAM to the FINALS of the WESTERN CONFERENCE, in only his SECOND YEAR in the LEAGUE.

    Right now, DERON CHERRY is the BETTER POINT GUARD.

  5. #5
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    94,388
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    DERON CHERRY took his TEAM to the FINALS of the WESTERN CONFERENCE, in only his SECOND YEAR in the LEAGUE.

    Right now, DERON CHERRY is the BETTER POINT GUARD.
    He damn sure did not do it by himself. I don't know if you know Carlos Boozer but he had a load on his shoulder to carry them not to down play what Deron did. Carlos is probably more responsible for them goin to the Conference Finals than Deron did.

  6. #6
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    He damn sure did not do it by himself. I don't know if you know Carlos Boozer but he had a load on his shoulder to carry them not to down play what Deron did. Carlos is probably more responsible for them goin to the Conference Finals than Deron did.
    NO DERON CHERRY, no MAKING it to the FINALS of the WESTERN CONFERENCE, PERIOD.

    The END.

  7. #7
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    94,388
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    NO DERON CHERRY, no MAKING it to the FINALS of the WESTERN CONFERENCE, PERIOD.

    The END.
    No Boozer No Playoffs, No Western Conference Finals.

  8. #8
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    No Boozer No Playoffs, No Western Conference Finals.
    Well, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE basketball fan/critic will tell you that DERON CHERRY was the MVP of the UTAH JAZZ during their PLAYOFF RUN.

    That FACT is INDISPUTABLE.

  9. #9
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    94,388
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Well, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE basketball fan/critic will tell you that DERON CHERRY was the MVP of the UTAH JAZZ during their PLAYOFF RUN.

    That FACT is INDISPUTABLE.
    UMMM NO. With averages of 23PTS, 12REBS and 3AST compared to
    19 PTS, 4 REBS, and 8 ast. You mean to tell me the person with the lesser stats was the MVP of their team. Thats a first.
    BTW your boy is a turnover machine. You forgot to add in the 4 T.Os in that statline.
    Last edited by The Captain; 11-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    UMMM NO. With averages of 23PTS, 12REBS and 3AST compared to
    19 PTS, 4 REBS, and 8 ast. You mean to tell me the person with the lesser stats was the MVP of their team. Thats a first.
    BTW your boy is a turnover machine. You forgot to add in the 4 T.Os in that statline.
    It is not a FIRST.

    Again, anyone with any SENSE of BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE will TELL U that DERON WILLIAMS was the MVP of the JAZZ during their PLAYOFF run last season.

    DERON WILLIAMS was WHO EVERYONE was PRAISING during the JAZZ run in the PLAYOFFS.

    He was CLEARLY the MVP of that TEAM.

    Without DERON RUNNING the SHOW, the JAZZ would not have MADE it DEEP into the PLAYOFFS.

    Was CARLOS BOOZER a FACTOR?

    Of course he was.

    But if you're going to PICK the one INDIVIDUAL that took the JAZZ DEEP into the PLAYOFFS, I have ABSOLUTELY no DOUBT that the OVERWHELMING CHOICE is DERON WILLIAMS.

    This is not even up for DEBATE.

    The JAZZ will go as FAR as the BEST POINT GUARD in the NBA, DERON CHERRY, takes them.

  11. #11
    Registered User NYC2BGI's Avatar NYC2BGI is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,736
    Credits
    507,694
    I think those 2 young guys are like Steve Nash vs. Jason Kidd. They are both great players who make their teams so much better. Both Nash and Kidd are constantly compared although they are different. Ultimately it will all depend on who ends up with the better team to work with. I would love to have Chris Paul or Deron Williams here in NY with the Knicks.

  12. #12
    Registered User The Captain's Avatar The Captain is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hello Brooklyn!!!!
    Posts
    12,160
    Credits
    94,388
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    It is not a FIRST.

    Again, anyone with any SENSE of BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE will TELL U that DERON WILLIAMS was the MVP of the JAZZ during their PLAYOFF run last season.

    DERON WILLIAMS was WHO EVERYONE was PRAISING during the JAZZ run in the PLAYOFFS.

    He was CLEARLY the MVP of that TEAM.

    Without DERON RUNNING the SHOW, the JAZZ would not have MADE it DEEP into the PLAYOFFS.

    Was CARLOS BOOZER a FACTOR?

    Of course he was.

    But if you're going to PICK the one INDIVIDUAL that took the JAZZ DEEP into the PLAYOFFS, I have ABSOLUTELY no DOUBT that the OVERWHELMING CHOICE is DERON WILLIAMS.

    This is not even up for DEBATE.

    The JAZZ will go as FAR as the BEST POINT GUARD in the NBA, DERON CHERRY, takes them.
    Once again i disagree. You w/o an inside presence the Golden State series could have gone either way so could have the Rockets series. The Guard play in those series offset each other but it was Boozer who was the difference. Boozer was the reason they were able to handle the Warriors as easily as they did. Williams played well but Boozer was a man on a mission.

  13. #13
    T-MAKAA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Well, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE basketball fan/critic will tell you that DERON CHERRY was the MVP of the UTAH JAZZ during their PLAYOFF RUN.

    That FACT is INDISPUTABLE.
    Dem didnt even know he played PG in college. Deron Williams is getting better and better.

  14. #14
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Dem didnt even know he played PG in college. Deron Williams is getting better and better.
    PURE DOTISHNESS.

    EVERY KNOWLEDGEABLE BASKETBALL CRITIC knows that DERON WILLIAMS is a POINT GUARD since FOREVER.

    He was one of the TOP HIGH SCHOOL POINT GUARDS COMING out of HIGH SCHOOL.

  15. #15
    Registered Member VINCYPOWA's Avatar VINCYPOWA is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ISLANDMIX DOT COM
    Posts
    87,132
    Credits
    7,742,033
    Quote Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
    Once again i disagree. You w/o an inside presence the Golden State series could have gone either way so could have the Rockets series. The Guard play in those series offset each other but it was Boozer who was the difference. Boozer was the reason they were able to handle the Warriors as easily as they did. Williams played well but Boozer was a man on a mission.
    I DO NOT KNOW which PLAYOFFS you're WATCHING but it SURE wasn't the ONES INVOLVING the UTAH JAZZ.

    You have to UNDERSTAND that when the PLAYOFFS started, especially against GOLDEN STATE, the TOP PLAYER (BASED on their INDIVIDUAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS) from each team were BARON for GOLDEN STATE and BOOZER for the JAZZ.

    It is the PLAY of DERON WILLIAMS that was the DIFFERENCE maker for the JAZZ.

    He RAISED his LEVEL of PLAY in the PLAYOFFS, thus he was ABLE to CARRY the JAZZ to the FINALS.

    If DERON WILLIAMS did not PLAY like he did in the PLAYOFFS, there is no WAY the JAZZ even beat HOUSTON muchless GOLDEN STATE.

    It is because he was ABLE to OUT PLAY and/or STAY with BARON DAVIS why GOLDEN STATE won that SERIES.

    If DERON did not STEP UP to the PLATE against BARON, it did not MATTER who the HELL BOOZER DOMINATED in the PAINT, the JAZZ would not have BEATEN GOLDEN STATE.

    It is that SIMPLE.

    DARON WILLIAMS is the BEST PLAYER on the JAZZ. He will be the KEY to the JAZZ'S SEASON, especially the PLAYOFFS.

    That is a FACT.

    Yes, BOOZER is IMPORTANT too. But the most IMPORTANT person is the MAN with the BALL....the MAN that CONTROLS the GAME and that person is DERON WILLIAMS.

    The END.


    Nevertheless, I will just let OTHERS tell you what U R FAILING to ACCEPT.




Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •