Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Push retitled Precious

Taj
    Credits

:box Push retitled Precious

Precious based on the book Push by Saphire
    Apparently its showing at the Cannes Film Festival.

Claireece Precious Jones endures unimaginable hardships in her young life. Abused by her mother, raped by her father, she grows up poor, angry, illiterate, fat, unloved and generally unnoticed. So what better way to learn about her than through her own, halting dialect. That is the device deployed in the first novel by poet and singer Sapphire. "Sometimes I wish I was not alive," Precious says. "But I don't know how to die. Ain' no plug to pull out. 'N no matter how bad I feel my heart don't stop beating and my eyes open in the morning."

“A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Seems like a good film.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    Seems like a good film.
    Amazon.com: Push: A Novel: Sapphire: Books

link to read inside the book i'm on the 1st 2 pages, not sure how many they provide

280+ ppl were so moved to review the book.

Ps you can also click surprise me and it gives you a random 3 pages in the book. I'm reading and oh dear
    Last edited by Taj; 05-22-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    Amazon.com: Push: A Novel: Sapphire: Books

link to read inside the book i'm on the 1st 2 pages, not sure how many they provide

280+ ppl were so moved to review the book.
    I remember reading an article on Monique talking bout her character in the film. She described the mother forcing Precious to perform oral on her. It's going to be interesting to see if she (Mo) can pull off a serious role.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    damn.. some people really got it bad..

T-MAKAA
    Soon come

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    Precious based on the book Push by Saphire
    Apparently its showing at the Cannes Film Festival.

Claireece Precious Jones endures unimaginable hardships in her young life. Abused by her mother, raped by her father, she grows up poor, angry, illiterate, fat, unloved and generally unnoticed. So what better way to learn about her than through her own, halting dialect. That is the device deployed in the first novel by poet and singer Sapphire. "Sometimes I wish I was not alive," Precious says. "But I don't know how to die. Ain' no plug to pull out. 'N no matter how bad I feel my heart don't stop beating and my eyes open in the morning."
    ok i know this is a very sad thing and i really want to see the movie but...that rite there gave me one big laugh i think it is the way it is worded...i heard the book is VERY VERY good...i may buy it for my mother
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    y is dat funny Pano?
    joie de vivre

carpe diem

I can tell you a story bout my dyck but
    it would be way too long

Credits

Thumbs up

One word..WOW.

Monique's character was the worst; no one should have a mother like that, omg.

However, she played the hell out of that role. Everyone played their roles well.

go see it.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    One word..WOW.

Monique's character was the worst; no one should have a mother like that, omg.

However, she played the hell out of that role. Everyone played their roles well.

go see it.
    lucky newyorker it only opens next week for us

Credits
    lucky newyorker it only opens next week for us
    That gives you a week to prepare for it. Gonna blow u away.

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    Well I just came from the cinemas in just saw precious I personally think the movie sad, but there was some funny parts to that movie I like the part when the yardie girl buss a a wine-lmao ,!!!!!!!! That movie deserve a golden award !!!!!
    Last edited by haitianprince; 11-14-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    Very sad movie that sheds light on not only the abuse and hardships that was indured by precious; but how racism can be manifested in the home and passed on to the next generation. The most important symbol in my opinion was how precious looked at herself in the mirror and how she viewed herself.
    There is a turning point in the movie where she finally feels secure and realizes her selfworth and sees herself for who she really is. Nice movie i would like to go see again. There were some parts that was humerous and some that people in the movie continued to laugh at that i thought was'nt funny. Overall i thought that Tyler Perry and O could of done a better job of bringing the story to life. It felt like a low budget film that did'nt have enough money to finish production.

P.S. The previews were of the hook.......Part 2 of Tyler Perrys Movie with Janet and Malik Yoba Looks like it's going to be GOOOOOOOD! Also the movie with Tobey Maguire i'm definitely going to see.
    Bend Ova and Don't look Back, 6:30 and Tek dis Jook!!!!!

Credits
    Yea, the book was no joke. I remember reading that book in HS and it kinda traumatized me a bit. I'm not sure if i'll be able to stomach that movie if its anything like the book.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    The Book goes deeper and explains things more to give you a better understanding; while some things that are in the movie were not in the book. For instance, i don't recall the mother having precious engage in oral sex on her which was depicted in the movie.
    Bend Ova and Don't look Back, 6:30 and Tek dis Jook!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast