Thread: texturizers.....

Credits

Question texturizers.....

good or bad idea . what kind of results have those who used it gotten.

Credits
    i always thought of them as a not so good idea but my mom recently cut her hair quite short and put one in to keep it maintained & curly. it looks very natural & nice. nothing like i thought it would.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socaprincess
    good or bad idea . what kind of results have those who used it gotten.
    I personally am not too familiar with them, however I have a cousin and a girlfriend that switched over to using texturizers from relaxers, and they say its better. Their hair looks good (actually looks relaxed). According to them, its better for the hair versus using relaxers......

"Try it, its only hair, it'll grow back" (Dont you hate when people especially men say that. They dont know your hair is your beauty....)

Credits

Question texturizers

I am trying to figure out if i can use a hir texturizer on my relaxed hair.I cut my hair pretty short reesntly and it isn't as easy to deal with as i thought it would be.My hair gets really dry really quickly and it doesn't look very good anymore.....which is making very self conscious.Anyways does anyone know whether or not i could use a texturizer on my relaxed hair.On the box it says "if your hair has been previously texturized or relaxed apply to new growth only" that's what it says on the texturizer box,but i'm still not sure,i don't want to make thigns worse,but i also don't want to continue with bad lookign hair.

I would just go to the salon but i'm pretty broke....does anyone have any info.?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexduty View Post
    I am trying to figure out if i can use a hir texturizer on my relaxed hair.I cut my hair pretty short reesntly and it isn't as easy to deal with as i thought it would be.My hair gets really dry really quickly and it doesn't look very good anymore.....which is making very self conscious.Anyways does anyone know whether or not i could use a texturizer on my relaxed hair.On the box it says "if your hair has been previously texturized or relaxed apply to new growth only" that's what it says on the texturizer box,but i'm still not sure,i don't want to make thigns worse,but i also don't want to continue with bad lookign hair.

I would just go to the salon but i'm pretty broke....does anyone have any info.?
    I suggest you save up your money and go to a salon before you go and make your hair fall out.

Credits
    I used to use the Botanicals Texturizer, it softens the hair and gives it the "relaxed" look without makin it permanent. I stopped cuz i growing out my hair now and i rather the texturizer when the hair is really short, to me it looks nicer. When i had it i used to put a hot oil treatment in it and to keep it mosit and soft i put the Botanicals Lite Creame Moisturizer. I have no complaints with it, and the beauty of it is, u doh have to go to a salon to put it in your hair, you can do it yourself.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrown View Post
    I suggest you save up your money and go to a salon before you go and make your hair fall out.
    i agree

Credits
    my texturizer was a mild relaxed that my stylist put in my hair for a few minutes and quickly washed out. I looked like I had a fro, but it would get curly when I put products on it that made it curly. it was more work for me than I wanted. I had to wet my hair every morning and put the usual stuff in it it to make it curl up (Sebastian "Wet" and Paul Mitchel Foaming Pomade). When it dried, it looked great. But, that style only lasted for the day. If I took a nap or did anything to flatten my hair, I had to style it again. Not my idea of freedom. So I cut my hair and started over.

When my hair was short with just a little growth, I used to put the stuff on my hair without the texturizer. My hair still came out curly (and I have thick, kinky hair). When my hair was starting to grow out of a cut and I didn't feel like going to the barber, I'd put Aveda's Brilliant Humectant Pomade in my hair and my hair would get curly, wavy, and shiny (looked better than if I had a texturizer). There are alternatives if you don't want to do a texturizer.

Good luck....
    Last edited by Caribsun; 10-01-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Credits
    All depends on what you want. I like the versatility of a texturizer. My hair is still curly/wavy without as much volume and also can be straightened whenever. It's just chemical that is left in for much less time. The time you leave it in depends on how loose you want your curls.

My opinion may be one-sided as i only texturize and have never had a straight relaxer. But it works for me...

LSK
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by currygyal View Post
    All depends on what you want. I like the versatility of a texturizer. My hair is still curly/wavy without as much volume and also can be straightened whenever. It's just chemical that is left in for much less time. The time you leave it in depends on how loose you want your curls.

My opinion may be one-sided as i only texturize and have never had a straight relaxer. But it works for me...
    Ditto.

Credits
    rather not waste my money on buying a texturizer.I texlax(which is relaxing for the texturized look)for couple of minutes usually 20 or less for more looser curl pattern with professional no base relaxer. I make sure use that 99 cent store vaseline and base it really thick on my hairline around my head. I use the mild no one needs extra strength on their hair. I always make sure it diluted with protein filler or oil.