Thread: Sister Locs?

Credits

Sister Locs?

Not sure if this question was asked before but who here has sister locs? For those that do, what are the advantages/disadvantages to having them as opposed to regular locs? I've been reading up on them lately and I'm wondering, can they be done in greater thicknesses as opposed to just the really thin ones I'm always seeing? How often must they be tightened? I'm trying to make my loc decision and I need all the help I can get.

Credits
    I think they're ugly, they're too small and coily-looking.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    I think they're ugly, they're too small and coily-looking.

well thank you for your very honest opinion!

i tend to agree, i think they are far too small but i wonder if they can possibly be done bigger (a whole lot bigger actually).

Credits
    I started out with Sisterlocs because I was able to wash them sooner than regular locs. I also liked that I could go longer in between tightens in the early stages.....and ah could wash between tightens and not worry about dem untwist.

They doh have to be as thin as some.....ah doh like them that thin either. I asked her to start them as large as she could and I am pleased wid my hair....an now that it is five years later they got even thicker.

The drawback to me is that when I was gettin dem retouch, the woman that was doing it did tek she time and she charge by the hour for tighten...so ah was paying a grip for tighten even tho it was approx every 6 to 8 weeks. So now dat my hair is longer and thicker, ah just geh them twist the traditional way every 4 to 5 weeks and scalp cleanse in between.

PM me if yuh want more info.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Croix Mami
    I started out with Sisterlocs because I was able to wash them sooner than regular locs. I also liked that I could go longer in between tightens in the early stages.....and ah could wash between tightens and not worry about dem untwist.

They doh have to be as thin as some.....ah doh like them that thin either. I asked her to start them as large as she could and I am pleased wid my hair....an now that it is five years later they got even thicker.

The drawback to me is that when I was gettin dem retouch, the woman that was doing it did tek she time and she charge by the hour for tighten...so ah was paying a grip for tighten even tho it was approx every 6 to 8 weeks. So now dat my hair is longer and thicker, ah just geh them twist the traditional way every 4 to 5 weeks and scalp cleanse in between.

wow, i didn't know you started them with sister locs & i think your locs are gorgeous. i'll pm you to get more details. thanks!

Credits
    If they were bigger then they would be just locks i guess.....the tightening process ( with the needle ting) i never quite got..looks painful.....

well thank you for your very honest opinion!

i tend to agree, i think they are far too small but i wonder if they can possibly be done bigger (a whole lot bigger actually). [/QUOTE]

Credits
    what's sisterlocs???

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by south'oman
    what's sisterlocs???

www.sisterlocks.com

Taj
    Credits
    I did go to the site.....Ok so sister locs are jus micro locs not a big difference in the method used to start them...the distinguishing thing is the size : yea or nay?
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    I did go to the site.....Ok so sister locs are jus micro locs not a big difference in the method used to start them...the distinguishing thing is the size : yea or nay?
    Nay....the thing that they try to sell ppl on is that yuh can start deh loc process wid perm still in yuh head....but the real difference for me and some others was that you could wash hair sooner, you could go longer in between tighten without the hair untwisting, and you could wash hair without it untwisting...for others it was the fact that they liked the teeny locs and the fullness. I doh like them that small, so I got mine done larger. Also the method is an interloc technique working from end of hair towards scalp as opposed to twisting from root to end.....i may have confused yuh more...sorry

Poca
    i find them too small. i prefer big locs.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya
    i find them too small. i prefer big locs.
    I agree. Those locs are way too small.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Croix Mami

I think that's why my old stylist thought she could get away with charging by the hour, though she used the plain ole' interloc method. She was crazy...