Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Natural Ladies

Credits

Lightbulb Natural Ladies

The 'Hair Chart' system, that determines the level of your hair texture/curl pattern.

Is there a thread around here?

I need some understanding.

Help/Plz
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    Not sure that there is a thread about that. There are several typing systems, although it is said that those really aren't essential when in comes to hair care. Basically much ado about nothing but...

Here are some typing systems - Andre Walker, LOIS and FIA.

Credits
    They're in the natural thread, but you have to search in there. I know I even added the Mizani hair chart. It wasn't like the Andre Walker system, which is just isn't as useful. The LOIS system seems to work the best.

Credits
    Thanks Ladies
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits
    is that with those things with the 4 c 3 b stuff?

Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    is that with those things with the 4 c 3 b stuff?

Yeah the Andre Walker system is the one with all of those letters and numbers leading to the confusion.

Credits
    i find all of them confusing yes... who really has time for those things? like when you go to the salon do you say i hae OS hair or 3b hair?? i say, i need something to keep my hair from frizzing and my scalp from getting dry in the winter... lol
    dollbabi likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

LB
    Credits
    Easier visual of Walker's so called chart. I get that its made to help women easily identify their hair differences and find products and hair care regimes that work best for their hair, but the chart is also used to make others feel inferior because of their hair types. All the "I wish I had nice 3b hair instead of this bad 4c hair" comments you see on blogs or youtube videos, is seriously twisted. Same sh*t, different day.

Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    Easier visual of Walker's so called chart. I get that its made to help women easily identify their hair differences and find products and hair care regimes that work best for their hair, but the chart is also used to make others feel inferior because of their hair types. All the "I wish I had nice 3b hair instead of this bad 4c hair" comments you see on blogs or youtube videos, is seriously twisted. Same sh*t, different day.

Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly
    HMMM...I wonder why all the people in the 4s are shown with short hair, but people in the 2s and 3s have longer hair. I've seen people who type their hair in the 4s with really long hair, but that's not reflected here...

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Vega View Post
    HMMM...I wonder why all the people in the 4s are shown with short hair, but people in the 2s and 3s have longer hair. I've seen people who type their hair in the 4s with really long hair, but that's not reflected here...
    there are lots of "4s" bloggers out there with beautiful hair, and its funny to see someone envitably ask them if they are mixed because they have "nice, long" hair....and then laugh to see the blogger try to respond politely to the asinine questions.

All you can do is roll your eyes at it all.
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    there are lots of "4s" bloggers out there with beautiful hair, and its funny to see someone envitably ask them if they are mixed because they have "nice, long" hair....and then laugh to see the blogger try to respond politely to the asinine questions.

It's really a mess. I like to search for hair tips but when people start with the comments above...smh

Credits
    That Chart is the biggest set @ssness I ever seen.

From what I know of my hair, I am no where o that chart.

God thing at the end of the day I am still natural

cause dat bull crap is a real turn off.
    mz_JazE likes this.

Credits

I want to know who exactly created this concept for Natural Hair Woman.

The genius really did not think to hard.

All that chart does is feed people good/bad hair Ego's
    LIONESS onda RISE and mz_JazE like this.

LB
    Credits
    His name is Andre Walker. He has a hair care line as well if you google him.

I get that not all hair types are the same and need to be cared for differently than others. I think that was what he set out to establish. But man, with some of our pathologies regarding race, it devolves into the good hair/bad hair nonsense really quick.

Credits
    yea.. that hair type shit irkssssss me to no end. i had a woman trying to determine what kind of hair i had.. i had to say miss, i have curly hair, the end. stop trying to pin me down to some kinda "system"... i dont subscribe to that and i've had natural hair way longer than you have..... i dont have time for that mess... and the calling each other "curlies".. that rubs me the wrong way too... its like with the natural hair movement, they find another way to stratify... the stereotypin in the black sitcoms of the mixed girl with the curly hair.. and its like calling each other curlies is a way to get away from the fact that let's face it.. some people have kinky hair!! deal with it and love it the same way.. your hair type should be loved the WAY it is... not packed with product to make it appear to be something it is not... "defined" curls... come on .. i see people i know, doing all kinds of crazy shit with their hair because they think that wearing their hair uncombed and open is making a statement.. yet your hair is dry, full of split-ends, open to the elements.. come on .. that's the fastest way to breakage and hair loss.. treat your hair like your skin.. nourish it, protect it and take very good care of it... if you have to put a coil pudding and a creamy something in your hair to have "curls" your hair is not curly.. you have what i call "curls with an assist".. some people have straight hair, some people have wavy hair, some people have curly hair, some people have kinky hair....

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast