Thread: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

Credits

Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

I will be the first to admit that I cannot wear very high heels and pointy-toed shoes. I see some girls rocking their high heeled boots and I wonder how their feet feel. My foot cannot take the pressure! My feet start to swell, the ball of my foot starts hurting. I've tried everything... the shoe pads, gel pads, etc... and nothing works for me. I does be in a rhel mess! So I stick to my little 2 inch heels. But when I see Beyonce with her 4 and 5 inch heels getting down, I feel so bad that I can't even walk good in a high heel while she well dancing around.

I have decent-looking feet and don't want to take any chances trying to wear pointy-toed high heel shoes next thing I end up with all kinda bunions, corns, calouses, hammer toes, etc.... Then in the summer time I can't wear meh open toe sandals 'cause meh foot in ah mess. The sad thing is most of the really cute shoes are pointy-toed and high heels.

Can you walk in high heels and pointy-toed shoes comfortably? Is it something you have to get used to?:
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 12-18-2003 at 03:32 PM.

amprincess

Re: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    I will be the first to admit that I cannot wear very high heels. I see some girls rocking their high heeled boots and I wonder how their feet feel. My foot cannot take the pressure! My feet start to swell, the ball of my foot starts hurting. I've tried everything... the shoe pads, gel pads, etc... and nothing works for me. I does be in a rhel mess! So I stick to my little 2 inch heels. But when I see Beyonce with her 4 and 5 inch heels getting down, I feel so bad that I can't even walk good in a really high heels while she well dancing around.

Can you walk in high heels comfortably? Is it something you have to get used to?
    yes I am more comfortable in high heels than I am in flat shoes or sneakers. I think my feet have gotten so used to them that it feels weird for my foot to be flat on the ground I've had years & years of practice though
    and so far I've had NO problems at all w/ my feet they small, cute & pretty :p

Credits

Re: Re: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

Originally posted by amprincess
    yes I am more comfortable in high heels than I am in flat shoes or sneakers. I think my feet have gotten so used to them that it feels weird for my foot to be flat on the ground I've had years & years of practice though
    But this is not something that I've recently tried to do. I've had some high heels from years ago. I only wear them when I know I'm going out and know that I'll be sitting down the majority of the time.

amprincess

Re: Re: Re: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

But this is not something that I've recently tried to do. I've had some high heels from years ago. I only wear them when I know I'm going out and know that I'll be sitting down the majority of the time.
    I don't know what I'd do w/o them. I'm too short to wear flats or low heel shoes I think high heel sandals are definitely more comfortable than closed high heel shoes. at least your feet can breathe more

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

Originally posted by amprincess
    I don't know what I'd do w/o them. I'm too short to wear flats or low heel shoes I think high heel sandals are definitely more comfortable than closed high heel shoes. at least your feet can breathe more
    So you have absolutely no foot pain when you wear heels?

Credits
    luv my high heels. don't know what i will do w/o them. in fact i was pretty ticked off when it snowed and i had to wear snow boots. and i am very comfortable in pointy toes. wearing them all my life. so if yuh wondering what to buy me for xmas i'll take a pair of black pointy toes with heels, knee length, size 6 1/2. thank you

amprincess

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiiiiiiiiiigh heels

So you have absolutely no foot pain when you wear heels?
    nope but it depends on the shoe also. there are a few pairs at home that I can't bear to put on so they just sit there looking pretty

Credits
    I LOVE heels. Simply LOVE them!!!

I can walk, run, jump in them and they don't hurt. With any shoe you have to make sure it is your size, etc., but I am much more comfy in them than flat shoes. The only thing that ever gave me any problems were sneakers. The back of certain sneakers rub against the back of my foot and give me blisters, which is why I hate sneakers. The only flat shoes I like are my leather thong slippers and flip flops, and that is just because I like my toes outside.

amprincess
    Originally posted by MrsSocaflex
    luv my high heels. don't know what i will do w/o them. in fact i was pretty ticked off when it snowed and i had to wear snow boots. and i am very comfortable in pointy toes. wearing them all my life. so if yuh wondering what to buy me for xmas i'll take a pair of black pointy toes with heels, knee length, size 6 1/2. thank you
    PREACH!!!!!!!! I GET SO MAD WHEN IT SNOWS & I CAN'T WEAR MY HEELS :

Credits
    Originally posted by Ms. Fantasy
    I LOVE heels. Simply LOVE them!!!

I can walk, run, jump in them and they don't hurt. With any shoe you have to make sure it is your size, etc., but I am much more comfy in them than flat shoes. The only thing that ever gave me any problems were sneakers. The back of certain sneakers rub against the back of my foot and give me blisters, which is why I hate sneakers. The only flat shoes I like are my leather thong slippers and flip flops, and that is just because I like my toes outside.
    I've tried buying them a half size or even a whole size bigger but they still hurt after a while. I don't know what to do. Maybe I need to see a podiatrist.

Credits
    I hate all of you. I'm jealous.

Credits
    I like wearing heels, but I also like my flats..

What I have noticed and makes a big difference in the comfort is the arch of the shoe..there are some heels in which the arch is just too sharp and causes pain...I had 1 pair of shoes like that..

I wore it in public once..Walked 1 block and then hobbled the rest to my destination..That stayed in my closet for years until I threw them out...

I am also particular on the shape of the heel...

Credits
    well i have tried..some occasions..i actually lasted 5 hours standing..but not me and that..not on ah regular atleast..
    Dougla im like u...2 inches is enough for me... the day i wear heels..i does end up with BLOOD in meh boots..

My cous cant do without high heels..but she has been wearing them forr yearssss..when she wear sneakers..her gastrocnemius hurts..reason being the heels have shorten that muscle ...

i praise you'll who could wear them..

Credits
    I love heels but I can't wear anything that is too high and extra pointy. My feet are a bit wide so my toes would be screaming if I were to step out in one of them Peter Pan pointed heels
    I can't wear anthing with sharp arches or pencil thin heels. I don't know my feet seem to hurt after time no matter what type of shoe I wear. I HATE flats but when i have to wear them my feet still hurt after a while. But up to 3.5 inches I could manage..

Credits
    I always wear heels, any type, no matter how high or how low, or how pointy... It doesn't bother me because I've been wearing heels since I was little (to go church)... as far as doing the Beyonce thing in heels (jumping around and dancing), I've mastered that a long time ago, I had to in order to perform every summer when I go home .....

I hate sneakes, the only thing close to sneakers I wear are timbs and desiels