Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethiopian Hair Salons

Credits

Ethiopian Hair Salons

Anyone been to an Ethiopian hair salon? If so, were you satisfied?

I am going to try one of them here in the D.C. area. Two of my friends have gone and came back looking gorgeous as ever.

So anyone?

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    I've never been or seen one here in NYC can you tell me what type of styles they work on?

Credits
    I will let you know for sure after going. But according to my friend, they do all kinds of hair...natural, texturized, relaxed etc. and all different lengths. Is that what you meant by styles?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by currygyal View Post

I am going to try one of them here in the D.C. area. Two of my friends have gone and came back looking gorgeous as ever.

So anyone?
    been asking for years, and finally gave up. if you find one, please PM asap .

Credits

So anyone?

A friend of mine went to one a few weeks ago...her hair looked good and healthy. I will find out where she went and let you guys know.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    been asking for years, and finally gave up. if you find one, please PM asap .
    Ok so far...

Abeba's Hair Salon
    4620 14th St NW
    Washington, DC 20011
    (202) 882-2959

Amy Unisex Hair Salon
    2407 18th St. NW
    Washington, DC 20009
    Tel.(202)299-9009

Spa Mesu hair, nail, skin
    8215 Fenton St.
    Silver Spring, MD 20910
    Tel.(301)585-7506

Almaz Diamond Hair Salon
    3811-B S. George Mason Dr.
    Falls Church, VA 22041
    Tel.(703)820-6990

Liya's Hair & Nail Salon
    3257 Columbia Pike
    Arlington, VA 22204
    Tel(703)920-7720

Sunshine Beauty Salon
    3813-A South George Mason Dr.
    Falls Church, VA 22041
    Last edited by dollbabi; 11-06-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Credits
    So today I had my hair done by an Eritrean girl out in "Little Ethiopia" (U Street) in DC. I had it washed, deep conditioned, trim, and blowout...and it looks great. I'll be going to here once every month or two as her salon is a bit pricey but I am very satisfied.

Livin' life day by day*** Vincy Soca-luva's Avatar Vincy Soca-luva is offline
    Credits
    What's the vote on the best Ethiopian restaurant in the DC area? Or at least which ones are worth trying?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincy Soca-luva View Post
    What's the vote on the best Ethiopian restaurant in the DC area? Or at least which ones are worth trying?
    I have only been to one Ethiopian restaurant...Dukem (U Street). Very good food...

Credits
    So today I had my hair done by an Eritrean girl out in "Little Ethiopia" (U Street) in DC. I had it washed, deep conditioned, trim, and blowout...and it looks great. I'll be going to here once every month or two as her salon is a bit pricey but I am very satisfied.
    so what how much did your trip to the salon cost you? I am this weekend getting my hair in cornrows at Occular (a big weave salon in Clinton) because I'm having a big issue of what to do for my winter hair (weave or braids).

Credits
    so what how much did your trip to the salon cost you? I am this weekend getting my hair in cornrows at Occular (a big weave salon in Clinton) because I'm having a big issue of what to do for my winter hair (weave or braids).
    Well, it cost me more because I got a blowout, but also deep condition and a trim...so $55.

Credits
    It must be a lot of Ethiopian Salons in the Falls Church area because my friend when to one at 3811-J S. George Mason in Falls Church. The name of the salon is MWM Unisex Salon. She got a wash, deep condition, trim and set and she said it was inexpensive.

Credits
    Well, it cost me more because I got a blowout, but also deep condition and a trim...so $55.
    a blow out costs more? Shoot I thought that would be cheaper, but since you did get a deep condition and a trim that does add up. Did you happen to take a look at what products they used? Also what made it different than say a regular hair salon with Tomyeisha (yes I have seen that as a name, pronounced Tameisha )

Quote Originally Posted by St. Croix Mami View Post
    It must be a lot of Ethiopian Salons in the Falls Church area because my friend when to one at 3811-J S. George Mason in Falls Church. The name of the salon is MWM Unisex Salon. She got a wash, deep condition, trim and set and she said it was inexpensive.
    you know inexpensive in this area is like $35 , or $20 if you go into the pennysaver for a coupon.

Credits
    a blow out costs more? Shoot I thought that would be cheaper, but since you did get a deep condition and a trim that does add up. Did you happen to take a look at what products they used? Also what made it different than say a regular hair salon with Tomyeisha (yes I have seen that as a name, pronounced Tameisha )

you know inexpensive in this area is like $35 , or $20 if you go into the pennysaver for a coupon.
    Oh, I meant the combination of everything cost more. Actually, it was wash, deep condition, blow dry, flat iron, and then trim. I meant to type blowdry...

Tomyeisha's salon...lol. Only been to one of those once. They didnt wash properly, fried my hair and still didnt get it straight. Never ever went back. But actually, this stylist may be the only East African at the salon. My uncle is a part time stylist so I usually go to him. It's just that I'd rather give him the time for paying customers.

This area can be quite pricey in truth, especially if the area has less competition. As St. Croix Mami said, I 've heard the Falls Church area has some good inexpensive places. But I'm happy with this girl for now..
    Last edited by dollbabi; 11-09-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Credits

Ethiopian Hair Dressor

I've been reading this forum for a long time now and taking tips from everything from relaxers to extensions and have had a good amount of success. But I've always been afraid of putting chemicals in my hair, at least myself. Here in Alexandria it cost alot of money to get it done.

Ok, I called around and one of my friends in Fredericksburg told me she went to hair cuttery in near mary washington college where she takes classes. She told me to try Roman out. She's this ethiopian girl who works there. I never got this treatment before. I swear I will only go to her from now on. I don't want to go on and on, but I read alot about ethiopians and been to a few in DC, but this girl is worth the drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast