Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Do you have to get married in white?

  1. #1
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950

    Do you have to get married in white?

    I love to be different trust me, and I was looking at some wedding ideas, and I saw this wedding dress that is absolutely beautiful but not WHITE!! It's hard enough on mi mum that I want to get married on the beach and not in a church so imagine if she saw me in some burnt orange dress like this! Does it matter if your wedding is not the traditional setting? OH BTW, I'm not engaged, just the topic has been on my mind since I got that wedding mag!

    Oh and looking at the movie Monsoon Wedding, it was interesting how bright colors like Oranges and reds were postive energy colors for an Indian wedding, I love the idea!
    Last edited by Empressdududahlin; 01-05-2004 at 04:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    This pic exemplifies my wedding pic to a tee! Even down to the Lily!!! awwwwwww........ arrrghhhhh, the pic is cut off, but check this site for the pic itself: http://www.ohriginals.com/pages/moreformal.html

  3. #3
    Im a SEXY B!TCH HATER PtHova's Avatar PtHova is offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FAT Camp
    Posts
    14,103
    Credits
    1,065,851
    technically, unless u r a virgin and its ur first tim egettin married u dont have too
    and gettin married on the beach is not a traditional weddin so u can change things up once dat happens
    jus as long as its in good taste
    dnt go around lookin like a fool
    maybe a weddin planner can work wit u to make it the best untraditional weddin it can be

  4. #4
    Temptress Taina's Avatar Taina is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,295
    Credits
    1,020,857
    Unless you want to keep up with tradition you don't have to wear white. I want to get married by the beach, but I do want to wear white, the only thing is I want the dress to be as simple as possible and I would like to be bare foot. I saw monsoon wedding too, and I agree with how colorful the wedding ceremony was. You don't have to stick to tradition, as long as it is something tasteful that you and your significant other will enjoy.

  5. #5
    CanTiguan SweetKadina's Avatar SweetKadina is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    148
    Credits
    1,006,002
    I like the idea of getting married in white, not so much for the traditional reason of the bride being a virgin, but because white to me represent freshness, renewal, purity---to me it's a good way to signify the a fresh start with your partner "4 life."

  6. #6
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950
    Originally posted by SweetKadina
    I like the idea of getting married in white, not so much for the traditional reason of the bride being a virgin, but because white to me represent freshness, renewal, purity---to me it's a good way to signify the a fresh start with your partner "4 life."
    And I love white too, trust me, I've always wanted a beaded white dress and all!! Actually your significations for it are actually beautiful, I guess I'll see when the day comes!

  7. #7
    KingBea... Cimo 2's Avatar Cimo 2 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Back So...
    Posts
    11,864
    Credits
    1,142,352

    Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Empressocadahlin

    And this is your wedding dress.....

  8. #8
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950

    Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Cimo 2
    And this is your wedding dress.....
    Dahlin, you mistaken... that's Jo.'s dress!! lol...
    Mi dress is either one of the 2 on top!

  9. #9
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359
    I'm wearing baby blue when I get married. White is too common and traditional.

  10. #10
    KingBea... Cimo 2's Avatar Cimo 2 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Back So...
    Posts
    11,864
    Credits
    1,142,352

    Re: Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Empressocadahlin
    Dahlin, you mistaken... that's Jo.'s dress!! lol...
    Mi dress is either one of the 2 on top!

    Oh low, low.... Aight I see what kindah year this has to be now eh......

  11. #11
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Cimo 2
    Oh low, low.... Aight I see what kindah year this has to be now eh......

    Cararoo den!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha hahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa aaahaha Cough Cough.........ok....hahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahhh ahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah!

  12. #12
    Hot, sweet and spicy. bebespice's Avatar bebespice is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,026
    Credits
    1,022,313

    Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Empressocadahlin
    I love to be different trust me, and I was looking at some wedding ideas, and I saw this wedding dress that is absolutely beautiful but not WHITE!! It's hard enough on mi mum that I want to get married on the beach and not in a church so imagine if she saw me in some burnt orange dress like this! Does it matter if your wedding is not the traditional setting? OH BTW, I'm not engaged, just the topic has been on my mind since I got that wedding mag!

    Oh and looking at the movie Monsoon Wedding, it was interesting how bright colors like Oranges and reds were postive energy colors for an Indian wedding, I love the idea!
    We think alike, I've been saying for years that I want to get married on the beach back home and not in a white dress either. and I'm thinking some sandles, jumping the broom and all that, a little bit of a lot of different culture, the first dance will be a belly dance number

  13. #13
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950

    Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by bebespice
    We think alike, I've been saying for years that I want to get married on the beach back home and not in a white dress either. and I'm thinking some sandles, jumping the broom and all that, a little bit of a lot of different culture, the first dance will be a belly dance number
    the same idea:
    beach in Grenada: Grand Anse of Sandy Island...!

    sandals

    the broom

    the dance of the cake ceremony

    and because my sister and I were dances as kids, I'm going to have a group of children dance a traditional wedding piece!

  14. #14
    Hot, sweet and spicy. bebespice's Avatar bebespice is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,026
    Credits
    1,022,313

    Re: Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by Empressocadahlin
    the same idea:
    beach in Grenada: Grand Anse of Sandy Island...!

    sandals

    the broom

    the dance of the cake ceremony

    and because my sister and I were dances as kids, I'm going to have a group of children dance a traditional wedding piece!
    Girl in PM them people take that cake dancing time seriously. I hear marriage break up before it started because of the results from the competition

  15. #15
    Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    in a sacred space...
    Posts
    27,131
    Credits
    1,550,950

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you have to get married in white?

    Originally posted by bebespice
    Girl in PM them people take that cake dancing time seriously. I hear marriage break up before it started because of the results from the competition
    Yeah I know, I saw one performed before, I loved it.. I having professionals jump wit mi cake!!lol....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •