Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARMY REGULATION states that DREADS r not allowed . . . .

Credits

ARMY REGULATION states that DREADS r not allowed . . . .

what can i do 2 make it look like my hair is braided if its even possible or hide it somehow b/c i am NOT cuttin my hair . . . . . pls i need some HELP
    doh moke jake

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleandensome View Post
    what can i do 2 make it look like my hair is braided if its even possible or hide it somehow b/c i am NOT cuttin my hair . . . . . pls i need some HELP
    Which army?

US army policy is no hair past the neck.

If is TnT army then yuh in even worse luck. If yuh not cutting yuh hair then yuh can't be boldface about it... look for another line of work.

Credits
    i TOLD YOU....i hate to say it eh, but i told u, my sis in the air force and wanted dem soooooooooooooo bad de day b4 she went to go for she starter twist to start her process they put the 'rule' into effect now she wears kinky twists...lol

but yea if u ain cuttin it, u know what u have to do
    Live the life you Love....Love the life you live. An iz dat!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfiyah View Post
    i TOLD YOU....i hate to say it eh, but i told u, my sis in the air force and wanted dem soooooooooooooo bad de day b4 she went to go for she starter twist to start her process they put the 'rule' into effect now she wears kinky twists...lol

but yea if u ain cuttin it, u know what u have to do
    (sigh) well i've been in for damn near 4yrs and no one has never said anything about my hair, plus i've seen women with dreads when i first got into the army and shit u kno Jen was in the army and she never said anything abt anybody telling her she had 2 fix it . . . . . . steupsssssssssss
    doh moke jake

Credits
    (sigh) well i've been in for damn near 4yrs and no one has never said anything about my hair, plus i've seen women with dreads when i first got into the army and shit u kno Jen was in the army and she never said anything abt anybody telling her she had 2 fix it . . . . . . steupsssssssssss

Your not in the ARMY....

Your in the RESERVES.....
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Kiz
    Credits
    did you see it for yourself in writing....when I was in the service there was no sort of regulation..of course they worded it as well groomed not past your collar..not stickin out to the side..and your hat had to fit securely on your head....but nothing that says "NO DREDLOCKS"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    did you see it for yourself in writing....when I was in the service there was no sort of regulation..of course they worded it as well groomed not past your collar..not stickin out to the side..and your hat had to fit securely on your head....but nothing that says "NO DREDLOCKS"
    how long ago was that? cause like i said my sis said dem make de rule dat u cant, but meen know if air foce and army/army reserve different in regards to regulation
    Live the life you Love....Love the life you live. An iz dat!!

Credits
    good thing i tell them no. lol dey keep trying to recruit meh. and mines now getting some length so its best i keep out de people dem service eh.
    Recognize The ORIGIONAL,
    There Can Be Only ONE!

Credits
    +1. I had my first set of locks when I was in the military, and as long as they were neat, and once pulled in a ponytail they were above my collar, I was good to go.

Credits
    peep dis...Nappturality:African-American, Black Natural Hair Care - Love Your Natural Hair

several forums on nappturality that talk about how folks dealt with this issue.
    Last edited by Caribsun; 10-13-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfiyah View Post
    how long ago was that? cause like i said my sis said dem make de rule dat u cant, but meen know if air foce and army/army reserve different in regards to regulation
    I joined the service in 97 got out in 05 and up to that point there was nothing that said outright NO DREDLOCKS.....

regulations change like uniforms...so they may have put that in now but she needs to go and see if it is writing....
    Last edited by Kiz; 10-13-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Kiz
    Credits

Ok this is what I found...This is Army

....That's their defination of dredlocks.......Their defination is that nasty junky matted mess you see dem vagrants walking around wid (ok not only vagrants).....based on their definition you do not have dredlocks....unless your shit is nasty looking which i know you do not have.....

If it was me I would try to fight it but you always have some asshole who trying to swing they rank around...my supervisor had dreds when we were stationed in Cuba....and they were long and she always had them neat and pinned up.....if they give you hell wrap your dreds individually with yarn or something so and tell dem is braids....since that's authorized.......foolishness!

Females
    Female haircuts will conform to the following standards:

Females will ensure their hair is neatly groomed, that the length and bulk of the hair are not excessive, and that the hair does not present a ragged, unkempt, or extreme appearance. Likewise, trendy styles that result in shaved portions of the scalp (other than the neckline) or designs cut into the hair are prohibited. Females may wear braids and cornrows as long as the braided style is conservative, the braids and cornrows lie snugly on the head, and any hairholding devices comply with the standards below. Dreadlocks (unkempt, twisted, matted individual parts of hair) are prohibited in uniform or in civilian clothes on duty. Hair will not fall over the eyebrows or extend below the bottom edge of the collar at any time during normal activity or when standing in formation. Long hair that falls naturally below the bottom edge of the collar, to include braids, will be neatly and inconspicuously fastened or pinned, so no free-hanging hair is visible. This includes styles worn with the physical fitness uniform/improved physical fitness uniform (PFU/IPFU).

Styles that are lopsided or distinctly unbalanced are prohibited. Ponytails, pigtails, or braids that are not secured to the head (allowing hair to hang freely), widely spaced individual hanging locks, and other extreme styles that protrude from the head are prohibited. Extensions, weaves, wigs, and hairpieces are authorized; however, these additions must have the same general appearance as the individual’s natural hair. Additionally, any wigs, extensions, hairpieces, or weaves must comply with the grooming policies set forth in this paragraph.

Females will ensure that hairstyles do not interfere with proper wear of military headgear and protective masks or equipment at any time. When headgear is worn, the hair will not extend below the bottom edge of the front of the headgear, nor will it extend below the bottom edge of the collar.

Hair-holding devices are authorized only for the purpose of securing the hair. Soldiers will not place hairholding devices in the hair for decorative purposes. All hair-holding devices must be plain and of a color as close to the soldier’s hair as is possible or clear. Authorized devices include, but are not limited to, small, plain scrunchies (elastic hair bands covered with material), barrettes, combs, pins, clips, rubber bands, and hair bands. Devices that are conspicuous, excessive, or decorative are prohibited. Some examples of prohibited devices include, but are not limited to, large, lacy scrunchies; beads, bows, or claw clips; clips, pins, or barrettes with butterflies, flowers, sparkles, gems, or scalloped edges; and bows made from hairpieces.

Kiz
    Credits

Navy

has no such rule.......the most you get is...

Females

Hairstyles shall not be outrageously multicolored or faddish, to include shaved portions of the scalp (other than the neckline), or have designs cut or braided into the hair. Hair coloring must look natural and complement the individual. Haircuts and styles shall present a balanced appearance. Lopsided and extremely asymmetrical styles are not authorized.

Ponytails, pigtails, widely spaced individual hanging locks, and braids which protrude from the head, are not authorized. Multiple braids are authorized. Braided hairstyles shall be conservative and conform to the guidelines listed herein. When a hairstyle of multiple braids is worn, braids shall be of uniform dimension, small in diameter (approx. 1/4 inch), and tightly interwoven to present a neat, professional, well groomed appearance.

Foreign material (i.e., beads, decorative items) shall not be braided into the hair. Short hair may be braided in symmetrical fore and aft rows (corn rowing) which minimize scalp exposure. Corn row ends shall not protrude from the head, and shall be secured only with inconspicuous rubber bands that match the color of the hair.

Appropriateness of a hairstyle shall also be judged by its appearance when headgear is worn. All headgear shall fit snugly and comfortably around the largest part of the head without distortion or excessive gaps. Hair shall not show from under the front of the brim of the combination hat, garrison, or command ball caps. Hairstyles which do not allow headgear to be worn in this manner, or which interfere with the proper wear of protective masks or equipment are prohibited.

When in uniform, the hair may touch, but not fall below a horizontal line level with the lower edge of the back of the collar. With jumper uniforms, hair may extend a maximum of 1-1/2 inches below the top of the jumper collar. Long hair, including braids, which fall below the lower edge of the collar shall be neatly and inconspicuously fastened, pinned, or secured to the head. No portion of the bulk of the hair as measured from the scalp will exceed approximately 2 inches.

A maximum of two small barrettes/combs/ clips, similar to hair color, may be used in the hair. Additional bobby pins or rubber bands matching hair color may be used to hold hair in place, if necessary. Fabric elastics bands are not authorized. Hair ornaments shall not present a safety or FOD (Foreign Object Damage) hazard. Hair nets shall not be worn unless authorized for a specific type of duty.

Wigs or hairpieces meeting women's grooming standards are authorized for wear by personnel while in uniform or duty status. Wigs or hairpieces shall be of good quality and fit, present a natural appearance and conform to the grooming standards set forth in these regulations. They shall not interfere with the proper performance of duty nor present a safety or FOD (Foreign Object Damage) hazard.

Kiz
    Credits

Air Force

The Air Force is the most laid back, spoilt service i've eva come across....they have the best of everything and they are very laxed with rules.......I should have joined the AF

Females
    Hair will be styled to present a professional appearance. Plain and conservative pins, combs, headbands, elastic bands, and barrettes similar to the individual’s hair color permitted to keep hair in place.

Hair will not be worn in an extreme or fad style or violate safety requirements. Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Will not exceed 3 inches in bulk or prevent proper wear of headgear. Will not include hair ornaments such as ribbons or jeweled pins.

Wigs and Hairpieces. Wigs and hairpieces will be in accordance with the same standards required for natural hair, will be of good quality, will fit properly, and will not exceed limits stated for natural hair. Personnel working in flight operations or on the flight line are not authorized to wear wigs or hairpieces. Men will have their medical records documented to wear wigs or hairpieces to cover natural baldness or disfigurement; otherwise, they will not wear wigs or hairpieces.
    Last edited by Kiz; 10-14-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    Which army?

US army policy is no hair past the neck.

If is TnT army then yuh in even worse luck. If yuh not cutting yuh hair then yuh can't be boldface about it... look for another line of work.
    you have to make sure your hair can wrap up above your collar & not be more than 3" in width across or someting so. either way, i've seen army chicks with locs, just not long ones.

The Air Force is the most laid back, spoilt service i've eva come across....they have the best of everything and they are very laxed with rules.......I should have joined the AF
    don't let what's written there fool you... they were still strict with the rules when i was in the AF. they were all about image when it came to our uniforms and they would write us up for the smallest shit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast